Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post

Jar Jar Binks is a comedic character ridiculed as a vehicle for selling the "Star Wars" IP to children and/or merchandising - there is little to nothing that Jar Jar Binks and Baine Bloodhoof share in common from a narrative standpoint.
    Except that baine is comedic character ridiculed as a vehicle for selling the "Horde" theme to people who wanted to play alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Except that baine is comedic character ridiculed as a vehicle for selling the "Horde" theme to people who wanted to play alliance.
    Baine may be funny to *you*, sure; but nothing about his portrayal is meant to be taken as comedic (quite unlike Jar Jar). Peace is also not really a concept wed entirely to the Alliance, either - unless your view of the Horde includes the ideal of endless and pointless warring.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Baine may be funny to *you*, sure; but nothing about his portrayal is meant to be taken as comedic (quite unlike Jar Jar). Peace is also not really a concept wed entirely to the Alliance, either - unless your view of the Horde includes the ideal of endless and pointless warring.
    I dunno, i consider idea of "lets take on trait and blow it out of proportion" to be a great indication of comedic character. And baine definately is a character of one personality trait blown out of proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Trying to rationalize and hypothesize how something in the lore could possibly make sense when things are unclear = bad.
    Not even bothering to try to understand and just assume the writing is bad = good.

Am I getting it right?
    On this website and the official forum?

Yes, 100%. Completely and totally.

If you're not just blindly hateful toward the entire story then you're a shill. If you disagree with a pretzel logiced nonsense version of reality only agreed on by the same 6 people agreeing with each other on every thread, you're wrong, ignorant, misinformed, ect.
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2019-10-28 at 08:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I dunno, i consider idea of "lets take on trait and blow it out of proportion" to be a great indication of comedic character. And baine definately is a character of one personality trait blown out of proportion.
    That would be a very narrow and subjective definition of "comedic," but I wouldn't fault you for it - just underscore that its going to be very singular in nature. Would also be highly depending on the trait being blown out of proportion, as well. I don't really find any of Baine's traits blown out of proportion, though; I find him a lot more moderate and measured than a lot of Horde members, actually. That being said, restraint and measure aren't always adapted well to an environment like Azeroth, either.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be a very narrow and subjective definition of "comedic," but I wouldn't fault you for it - just underscore that its going to be very singular in nature. Would also be highly depending on the trait being blown out of proportion, as well. I don't really find any of Baine's traits blown out of proportion, though; I find him a lot more moderate and measured than a lot of Horde members, actually. That being said, restraint and measure aren't always adapted well to an environment like Azeroth, either.
    I dunno, for me baine appears to be as obsessed with peace as goblin slayer is with goblins.

"Who needs sex when you can have peace talks?"
    Like seriously he talks about peace non-stop and pretty much all his apperances are all about him showing how peaceful he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post

If you're not just blindly hateful toward the entire story then you're a shill. If you disagree with a pretzel logiced nonsense version of reality only agreed on by the same 6 people agreeing with each other on every thread, you're wrong, ignorant, misinformed, ect.
    Sad but true. Circlejerk can be real hard on this forum.

Oh so Baine enters Stormwind and everyone is friends with him but when I try I get attacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post

It's actually when you get (repeatedly) proven wrong with sources when you are wrong, ignorant and misinformed. Because of the dictionary. The same dictionary that indicates the people who can support their point with the aforementioned sources instead of just throwing salt around the boogeyman of "the same 6 people" engaged in TEH CIRCLEJERK aren't the ones with pretzel logic. And the part about how one gets called a shill when they are not "blindly" hateful of the "entire" story is just straw-man bonanza. With a dash of faux victimhood vibes (though that part applies to the entirety of your post to be honest).

So far the only people calling him consistent in this scenario are you and I, so you're more or less attempting to construct a public here - as I said above, if you find him consistent than that's great, end of story as it were.
    Not really. Because my main point on the whole consistency thing was that there was no public for the inconsistency party either. Which makes the constant reminders from Baine's defenders about how amazingly consistent he is absolutely meaningless regardless of whether there's a public for the consistency party instead or not. Because there doesn't seem to be anyone that actually needs that reminder.

I've found the cries of "bad writing" to often be a mask for more personal distaste, like your own present, which is more or less an opinion and not any kind of objective statement or finding of fact.
    My own what?

As for your personal opinion, I find it hyperbolic because I think it's exaggerated pretty well past the point of incredulity - that's my personal opinion of it. I am quite sure we disagree on the matter, of course.
    That makes as much sense as if you said you find me thinking beige color to be ugly (hypothetical example) hyperbolic. Or exaggerated for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    My own what?
    Personal distaste.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    That makes as much sense as if you said you find me thinking beige color to be ugly (hypothetical example) hyperbolic. Or exaggerated for that matter.
    No, thinking beige is ugly is a pretty normal statement of opinion. Now if you said "beige is so horrid that it twists my guts into roiling coils of horror and forces me to paint the walls with my own vomit" I would say that is exceedingly hyperbolic. Saying Baine is a bad character who makes bad choices is a measured opinion, calling him "utterly deplorable" is hyperbolic. As with most things it's all a matter of scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Reaffirming his eternal loyalty to his lord and master. That's why he's at the foot of the throne. Also, representing the Horde.
    I think it's just affirming that unless the horde & alliance are replaced with new factions in 9.0, Tyrande & Talanji will be the leaders of the Alliance & Horde. Where the players can participate in the War if they choose, while most cities are at peace & neutral, like Dalaran

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    The horde served it's purpose. Now I ally with Sylvanas and just want to be the 3rd faction that is hated by everyone at this point. Her plan was great, but they ended stupidly with just Darnassus they Needed to wipe the Alliance out from the Entire continent of Kalimdor then they could have controlled it. I want her to start blight bombing again.
    What circular logic is this?

They dont support the horde! Traitors!!!111. I support the warchief that doesn't care for the horde and used it as a tool! No that doesn't make me a traitor!!!!11

You realize blizz can't actually delete one faction from the game right? They want to make money.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    You mean how people circlejerked themself into believing that some kind of "Horde bias" exists?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    this shows that not even the grave can save characters
    "Not even death can save you from me" - Diablo Danuser
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Thank God there's a button that makes it mostly go away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    "Not even death can save you from me" - Diablo Danuser
    Well, he IS a necrophiliac.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    What circular logic is this?

They dont support the horde! Traitors!!!111. I support the warchief that doesn't care for the horde and used it as a tool! No that doesn't make me a traitor!!!!11

You realize blizz can't actually delete one faction from the game right? They want to make money.
    I think they're genuinely saying "I know Sylvanas wanted to destroy both factions and kill everyone, including myself, but I support her anyway!"

Not even the death knights are that self-loathing and nihilistic, I'm not sure Blizzard could pull off a faction like that.

Even playing as my forsaken death knight, who I RPed to be near-braindead from all the resurrections, with <The Gullible> title (my new favorite alt), hearing her admit to my face that she sent the Horde to die to Azshara didn't sit well with me for some reason.

(9:34)

Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-10-29 at 03:56 AM.
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

And he and his Tauren are very welcome. You jelly?

You mean how people circlejerked themself into believing that some kind of "Horde bias" exists?
    Horde bias is far less “tinfoil” then you try and show it as. While belittling anybody who dosent thread the “party line” and agrees that both factions are treated equally and all who disagree are idiots is circlejerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I think they're genuinely saying "I know Sylvanas wanted to destroy both factions and kill everyone, including myself, but I support her anyway!"

Not even the death knights are that self-loathing and nihilistic, I'm not sure Blizzard could pull off a faction like that.

Even playing as my forsaken death knight, who I RPed to be near-braindead from all the resurrections, with <The Gullible> title (my new favorite alt), hearing her admit to my face that she sent the Horde to die to Azshara didn't sit well with me for some reason.

(9:34)

These people are crazy man. Honestly I dont think some of them realize this is a video game.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde bias is far less “tinfoil” then you try and show it as. While belittling anybody who dosent thread the “party line” and agrees that both factions are treated equally and all who disagree are idiots is circlejerk.
    Yeah, right. "Its not bad when we are doing it" at its finest.