Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post
    I'm gonna leave this here. I am so petty.

Just some friendly jokes though. I didn't expect the Eagles to actually win this game either.
    Try being at the fucking game with 25 mph winds and occasional cold rain. It was fucking miserable. Luckily, I got to leave early.....cause we were fucking steamrolled by a team that seemed to be disintegrating midweek.

I expect Buffalo this week will be "We haven't won against any real teams yet" 24/7, because, frankly, we haven't. Which isn't our fault because of the schedule, but it may have been masking serious inadequacies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Honestly though I don't think the Browns pull the plug on Kitchens after one year. We saw what the revolving door of OCs did to Marcus Mariota, I doubt the Browns are keen on doing the same to Mayfield.
    They went for continuity on offense and it hasn't exactly worked out.
    /s

Hey guys, long time since I've been around. How are things?

Welp, RIP Panthers. Couldn't get anything done. At all. There is a weekly live stream I attend and I told people when Allen balled against the Cardinals, that as soon as he has one bad game people will call for his benching. He threw the first interception and immediately in the live chat, people were calling him to be cut/released/benched/whatever. Not sure if Cam is 100% healthy and they stayed with Allen because of the "hot hand", but I was waiting for a huge loss like this. Hopefully they can get their act together next week.

Packers staying close with the Chiefs, and the Browns fans are calling for Kitchen's head (only relevant because they managed to make Mike McCarthy trend).

Good night so far in cheese land.

Honestly though I don't think the Browns pull the plug on Kitchens after one year. We saw what the revolving door of OCs did to Marcus Mariota, I doubt the Browns are keen on doing the same to Mayfield.

- - - Updated - - -

There's probably only one QB other than Rodgers that can make that throw. And he's the injured QB of the Chiefs.
    Beating a Mahomes-less Chiefs team is like winning a duel when the other guy doesn't have a pistol...and this game was back and forth with a 35 year old undrafted backup

10+ Year Old Account
    Carolina pass protection hasn't been great this season but they hit new levels of suck this week. I'm pretty sure they're worse off with Newton, but if he is healthy enough he could prove me wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Leonard Williams traded crosstown at a bargain price, which is fair since he hasn't been doing shit lately. Could be a steal if getting away from the dysfunctional Jets puts his career on track.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Patriots' defense touchdowns allowed: 3

Patriots' defense touchdowns scored: 4

This defense is so ridiculous. Pats up 10-0 on the Browns.
    The Pats do have one of the easiest schedules though...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    The Pats do have one of the easiest schedules though...
    I was looking into this, the opponent record for the Patriots is 14-42, even if you take away the 0-8 vs. NE, they're still 14-34 against the rest of the league, soon to be 15-35 assuming tonight isn't a draw. That's pretty miserable but how does it compare to other top teams?

New England 15-43 (15-35)
    San Francisco 16-35 (16-28)
    New Orleans 34-28-1 (33-21-1)
    Green Bay 30-29-1 (29-22-1)
    Minnesota 24-36-1 (22-30-1)
    Seattle 25-34-1 (22-28-1)

Obviously winning in the NFL isn't a given and the teams deserve all the wins regardless of how weak their opponents were, but, I think the talk about historical defense is a bit wishy washy considering how terrible the teams have been that New England shut down. Still plenty of time to prove themselves though.

I think all the math is right, I did it all in a hurry.
    /s

Flacco isn't playing this weekend!!! Too bad Rich Scangarello is still calling plays, because his horrendous play calling has been even worse than Flacco.

The best part is they need a backup, because they only have 2 QBs on the roster right now. They are either going to sign Brett Rypien off the practice squad or bring Drew Lock off IR. Media people have been saying that he has been healthy for a while, but the team doesn't want to play him this year. If they go with Rypien they are doubling down on that.

Kind of fitting this is happening before a game against the Browns, because this might be an even worse QB situation than they have even had.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Kind of fitting this is happening before a game against the Browns, because this might be an even worse QB situation than they have even had.
    The Broncos do have the look of a team that can't draft or develop QBs and is destined to invest in an endless string of washed up geezers, but they've got a long way to go to catch up to a team that relied on, Dilfer, Garcia, Delhomme, Campbell, McCown, and RG3 plus they even drafted a washed up geezer in Weeden.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I was looking into this, the opponent record for the Patriots is 14-42, even if you take away the 0-8 vs. NE, they're still 14-34 against the rest of the league, soon to be 15-35 assuming tonight isn't a draw. That's pretty miserable but how does it compare to other top teams?

Obviously winning in the NFL isn't a given and the teams deserve all the wins regardless of how weak their opponents were, but, I think the talk about historical defense is a bit wishy washy considering how terrible the teams have been that New England shut down. Still plenty of time to prove themselves though.

I appreciate the effort.

I went off this: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...roughest-ride/

Which I know is calculated purely off last year, but they are tied for 27th/31st depending on how you look at it.

- - - Updated - - -

The Broncos do have the look of a team that can't draft or develop QBs and is destined to invest in an endless string of washed up geezers, but they've got a long way to go to catch up to a team that relied on, Dilfer, Garcia, Delhomme, Campbell, McCown, and RG3 plus they even drafted a washed up geezer in Weeden.
    Yeah, its like Denver wants to prove they don't need a good QB to win games, but its ... not working.

10+ Year Old Account

Yep, and their remaining strength of opponents is pretty average as well.

https://twitter.com/SandoNFL/status/1188892637828247554

All 4 NFCW teams in the top 8, granted not many NFCW divisional games have been played.

- - - Updated - - -

Miami might not win worst defensive DVOA ever on footballoutsiders after this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rudolph throws a ball, hits receiver right in the hands, receiver drops it.

Booger: "That was a bad throw and a bad decision by mason Rudolph."

- - - Updated - - -

Good on Arizona at least for getting a steal for Kenyan Drake.

- - - Updated - - -

"I really like the foundation he's building here in Miami"

Just more Booger gems.

This game is somehow more entertaining than it has any right being. Maybe because it's two teams who don't seem to give a shit so they're playing fast and loose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Booger gem number 3: "Ageless wonder, Ryan Fitzpatrick"

At 36 years old as a QB...

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Chargers OC is out.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1189002504811503619

Also if the Steelers lose this I think Tomlin is officially toast this year.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Miami realized they were gonna fuck up their tanking so they took their foot off the pedal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I’m a Giants fan and when we make a move I try to give them the benefit of the doubt.

But we just traded a 3rd and likely 4th rounder for a two month rental of a defensive tackle when we already are pretty solid at that spot, and we are 2-6.

It’s mind blowing that they didn’t just wait and try to get him in free agency. Let’s say he comes to the Giants and does really well... then his price tag goes up!

The thing that has always concerned me about Gettleman is he seems to fall in love with certain players and overpay them. It feels like the wrong way to go about things.
    If his price goes up, the compensatory pick goes up, unless the Giants deep dive into free agency despite their rebuild, which is certainly possible because their GM is an idiot.
    /s

Chargers OC is out.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1189002504811503619

Also if the Steelers lose this I think Tomlin is officially toast this year.
    I think that, even if they don't make the playoffs and aren't even really in contention for them, Tomlin will be given one more shot after this year. Losing your franchise QB so early in the season, though not the main reason for their struggles, definitely plays a large role in it (see: almost every team that has lost their franchise QB early in the season for the history of the NFL with a few notable exceptions). He's earned enough leeway that they'll give him another chance. But if the same thing happens next year, especially with a healthy QB from the start of the season he's definitely gone.

I then see him moving to another team and doing well, maybe even making the playoffs. I don't know if he'll ever win another ring as a HC though.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Miami realized they were gonna fuck up their tanking so they took their foot off the pedal.
    Ironically this was a bad tanking move by the Dolphins. They own the Steelers pick, and control their #1 seed destiny still throughout the season even if they won today as they play the Bengals. A loss to bengals later on means even if they had beat the Steelers, they still pick first overall. So really all they did was make their Steelers pick worse. Amateur hour by the Dolphins.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    I think that, even if they don't make the playoffs and aren't even really in contention for them, Tomlin will be given one more shot after this year. Losing your franchise QB so early in the season, though not the main reason for their struggles, definitely plays a large role in it (see: almost every team that has lost their franchise QB early in the season for the history of the NFL with a few notable exceptions). He's earned enough leeway that they'll give him another chance. But if the same thing happens next year, especially with a healthy QB from the start of the season he's definitely gone.

I then see him moving to another team and doing well, maybe even making the playoffs. I don't know if he'll ever win another ring as a HC though.
    Yeah I think Tomlin survives unless the bottom falls out on this team.

Which it would have had they lost to the tanking Dolphins.

Speaking of the Dolphins, I see Xavien Howard is headed to IR, and they traded for the on-IR Aqib Talib... and a draft pick. The Dolphins are embracing The Process so hard they're now doing salary dump trades for guys on IR.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)