Poll: New Class or Race?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    We are for sure going to get at least one new allied races for those that pre-order the expansion. I am betting we will get new specs and a new class as well.

I'm not a Tinker fanboy (though I would prefer it to any of the other expected classes) but I do feel they've dropped too many hints for a new class not to be just that.

Quote Originally Posted by DTJames View Post
    We got SO many new allies race in BfA, so new race is out of question.

Definitely new class for sure.
    Depends on how much money they made off race changes. They've said they're open to adding more Allied Races but personally I doubt they'll be added until patches.

I could see more -Elf races, since Void Elves appear to have overtaken Draenei as the third most played Alliance race. I doubt we'll see anything 'ugly' on offer from AR's though in the future.
    Last edited by Bigby; 2019-10-29 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojoejoe3 View Post
    Yikes people still bitching about Pandaren?
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Can't have things that others enjoy in my game, even if it doesn't affect me at all! >
    Not sure why anyone would take this seriously. What about the Gnomes? No one of you defended them. So let them be npcs only?

Shame on you. Poor gnomes...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it’s each, pending on where you count the remaining Allied Races post Mechagnomes/Vulpera. My suspicion is that we will get the pre-order bonuses in stages:

1. 120 Boost - Right when 8.3 comes out. Allied Rwce DKs will join here.
    2. Last 2 Allied Races - Right when 8.3.5 comes out to set the stage.
    3. New Class - 9.0 pre-patch.

My vote is on New Class. With all the melee classes that have arrived since initial release I'd say a pure caster is overdue; so something like a Necromancer?

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I am glad you are exposing your low self esteem because it makes me right and you know it.
    Not sure if you’re a troll or just handicapped.

Itll be a new class, tinker.

I think we will get tinker, and continue to get more allies races throughout the expansion. Probably some that r shared between the alliance and horde

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    While I'd like a new class, I would also be happy with a positive and wide-ranging talent/skill/ability revamp for all the current classes in the game.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Jojoejoe3 View Post
    Yikes people still bitching about Pandaren?
    of course, i bitch too, they are a wink to the chinese people and dont fit wow

Quote Originally Posted by Watchers View Post
    of course, i bitch too, they are a wink to the chinese people and dont fit wow
    Ok I'll bite; How don't they fit WoW?
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    Ok I'll bite; How don't they fit WoW?
    ehh..i know where u going, they were a joke in w3 too.ALso didnt fit there

ehh..i know where u going, they were a joke in w3 too.ALso didnt fit there
    I wasn't going for Warcraft 3. Blizzard's strategy games aren't my thing and I am no purist. But I can't find anything that would make the Pandaren not fit.
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    I wasn't going for Warcraft 3. Blizzard's strategy games aren't my thing and I am no purist. But I can't find anything that would make the Pandaren not fit.
    ok let me give you my opinion, you are raiding/leveling and you see.. a priest.. paladin, death knight, demon hunter... etc etc... then you see a giant panda with guns.. just nope.They had to do MOP to fit them.

Most likely another race or two. Adding another class would require tweaking all others again. Would like to see a warden class eventually, and or mog gear for said class.

ok let me give you my opinion, you are raiding/leveling and you see.. a priest.. paladin, death knight, demon hunter... etc etc... then you see a giant panda with guns.. just nope.They had to do MOP to fit them.
    So I'm raiding/leveling. Fighting creatures like weird fishmen, playing as a cow dressed in all leather next to a corpse, an orc and a very pretty elf. The very pretty elf has wings and orange skin. The corpse has a pet unicorn and the Orc is wielding two swords as tall as I am. But yes. I find the Panda out of place. I suspect your issue is that you want a more generic and Eurocentric fantasy. That sounds terrible to me.
    Blizzard is all about big moments in an interesting but largely cartoonish and whacky world. The Pandaren are a perfectly good fit... maybe WoW just isn't a great fit for you?

I'd guess a new class, but I'm not very sure about it as I can see them skipping another expansion.

They might add a couple of (allied) races too and/or tease races for later patches. I don't think they'll add brand new races since it clashes with their current business model, which appears to be successful.

With allied races, I am sure they will add races more often. Maybe it will be race+class, maybe they will go for class skins instead so they could make skin+race combos later. Maybe they will make major class redesign with new builds, like full shockadin for paladin or some battlemage talents for mage.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

My guess is that they will give either 2 or 4 allied races to bridge the timegap between the exp packs.
    And a new class will come with the exp pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    My guess is a new class and 2-4 new allied races.
    +1 for this. There has been a new class every 2nd expansion (also kinda somewhat BC too for the opposite factions, but that doesn't really count). Would surely suck if they broke that chain.

Just to remind everyone:

- Vanilla (launch)
    - BC: Opposite faction class for both factions
    - LK: Death Knight
    - Cata: No new class
    - MoP: Monk
    - WoD: No new class
    - Legion: Demon Hunter
    - BfA: No new class
    - Expansion 8: HAS TO BE A NEW CLASS
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.