Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Unless you have met every single person that has played the game, then you have proven nothing. And nothing of what you say is indisputable fact. Waqrfrtonts, Island Expediations and benthic gear are in no way required to raid. Azerite is earned by simply playing the game. ANd,no, you are not requried to use radibots to figure out what gear you should equip. Once again, this is you trying to say "My opinion is fact and everyone who disagrees with me is wrong" .
    because it is a fact and you are wrong. all of that is a requirement for mythic raiding. it's only optional if you're casual.
    Last edited by Djanco; 2019-10-29 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Holy shit this thread is literally just here to bash an awesome content creator that really puts himself out there to help us in the WoW community.

This thread is making me pretty gdamn sad tbh..
    Awesome content creator? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no. HE is nothing more than a guy who says all the negative stuff he an about WoW to make money, He uses people like you because you are not aware enough to see that he is telling you what you want to hear so you will click on his videos and make him money.,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Holy shit this thread is literally just here to bash an awesome content creator that really puts himself out there to help us in the WoW community.

This thread is making me pretty gdamn sad tbh..
    Please - him and the rest of his ilk just care about the clicks.

Preach and his subscribers are doing more harm than good to the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Djanco View Post
    because it is a fact and you are wrong. all of that is a requirement for mythic raiding. it's optional if you're casual.
    Wrong. It is not required. I guarnatee you hard core guilds do not require a raidbot to tell them what gear to equip. Why? Because they are smart enough to know what to use themselves. About the only thing they require is mythic keystones. You declaring your opinions as fact doesn't make them so.

Eceleb said thing. Brace for 50 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Same. I'm all for the existence of islands, dailies, repgrinds etc. Just stop making ME do them to be good at the content I actually want to do.

To be as powerful as you need to be in raid, you should basically only have to raid... To be as powerful as you need to be in pvp, you should just have to pvp. M+. Overworld is pointless and everyone who does anything is a god there, but sure... keep gear like benthic stuff to help out the monkeys. Just have the green text disabled in any other environment...

How is this that hard?
    YOu don't have to do any of that to be good at the content you want to do. If you have to do that other stuff, it is because you aren't good to begin with.

You can really tell all the people in this thread that actually haven't watched the video. So frustrating.

Watch the video, form an opinion, or don't post. Nobody cares that you "don't care about anything negative anyone has to say because it's subjective".

link your logs or go away rrayy lmao

YOu don't have to do any of that to be good at the content you want to do. If you have to do that other stuff, it is because you aren't good to begin with.
    The best gear for PVP this entire expansion is from doing PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightforged View Post
    I liked Preach's content in Legion when he was focusing on the TDP (the daily preach). Basically just dungeon runs with various classes and builds. I also like his Drama Fridays segments.

My biggest turn off with Preach is when he goes negative about the game. I have no issue with being critical but I sometimes feel like he relishes the negativity to some extent because WoW is his job and he is not having fun. I feel for him. I wish people would watch his other game content but sadly he is trapped in WoW, for better or worse.
    OF course he relishes the negative, but not for the reason you think. He knows very well that being negative will get him a ton of clicks which will make him good money. Soi, he is just being negative because those players are easily suckered into it giving him what he actually wants. It's all a big con.

Quote Originally Posted by Oholyknight View Post
    Who is this and literally why should I care what this old man has to say about a kids game?
    Calling something a kids _____ is always the weakest fucking excuse to justify something being bad.

Quote Originally Posted by JacobMarley View Post
    The best gear for PVP this entire expansion is from doing PVE.
    You are still aren't required to do it to be good at PvP. Unless of course you want to be OP and ROFLstomp everyone.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    I might come back to BFA if they changed PVP over night and made people killable. But as the game stands now, it's near impossible to kill someone 1v1. In BFA you spend a ton of time by yourself, so if I can't even kill anyone 1v1 in the open world, then there is no PVP in this game. You do all this damage, but then you hit someone and nothing happens, that isn't a game, I don't know what that is.

People say there is PVP, there is, but it's simulated PVP. Like go look at any other PVP game and look at a thing called "time to kill". It doesn't take me more than 60 seconds to kill anyone in any type of PVP game. But for some reason in WoW, no one is allowed to die or be penalized for anything unless a party is literally formed to kill them. It's absolute and utter retardation and the game has turned into a solo queue PVE affix dungeon runner because of it (Diablo).
    This sounds like very heavy player error. As a holy pally I’ve had no problem killing people all be it slowly all bfa and my warrior/Druid friend's have no problem doing it in a timely manner.

I don't mind currencies or stuff being very rare, but what they should do for everything from now on is combine both systems : allow us to grind currencies so we don't have to rely on RNG on top of RNG for everything (like island drops) and instead we can buy what we want once we have enough currency. That way, you never waste your time because it's still going towards a goal.

i saw this video and ... i mean ... back in the day in videos from mop preach himself spoke that gearing wasn't fun, that getting new item wasn't exciting, and that was common idea among people, and now he champions it as pinacle of wow gearing system ? titanforging was solution to that (and also dungeons beeing abandoned 2 weeks into the expansion), don't get me wrong, i don't like corruption, but it is better then titanforging(you roll one stat instead of however many ilvl brackets titanforge can lvl up to), and is step in right direction, but returning back to classic model is a terrible idea, people are leaving it enmasse because classic doesn't have anything to offer besides leveling. He is right about that year after year more people left(among other reasons) because they didn't like the changes, but reverting those changes isn't a way to bring those people back, the only way to move forward is to invent something that will capture new audience, because old one already lost intrest , and won't come back. people jumped on classic because a) curiosity b) nostalgia, not because list of features intrested them, you can't replicate it in retail no matter how far back you will go on 15 years of game development

tldr; bfa bad, but going back is not the way forward

Quote Originally Posted by JacobMarley View Post
    You can really tell all the people in this thread that actually haven't watched the video. So frustrating.

Watch the video, form an opinion, or don't post. Nobody cares that you "don't care about anything negative anyone has to say because it's subjective".
    Wow, this is one of the most absurd thing I have ever read. If people ant to post in this thread and give their opinion, that is their right. Basically, you are mad people won't watch your hero's video. People don't watch his video becuase they know what he truly is. He makes negative videos because he know he will attract people like you to click on them without even trying. And all you are doing is trying to be an influencer for hm. Finally, you only speak for you. Nobody else.

His name says everything: Preach.

And he doesn't do anything else than preaching on his videos.

Quote Originally Posted by brt2pp View Post
    i saw this video and ... i mean ... back in the day in videos from mop preach himself spoke that gearing wasn't fun, that getting new item wasn't exciting, and that was common idea among people, and now he champions it as pinacle of wow gearing system ? titanforging was solution to that (and also dungeons beeing abandoned 2 weeks into the expansion), don't get me wrong, i don't like corruption, but it is better then titanforging(you roll one stat instead of however many ilvl brackets titanforge can lvl up to), and is step in right direction, but returning back to classic model is a terrible idea, people are leaving it enmasse because classic doesn't have anything to offer besides leveling. He is right about that year after year more people left(among other reasons) because they didn't like the changes, but reverting those changes isn't a way to bring those people back, the only way to move forward is to invent something that will capture new audience, because old one already lost intrest , and won't come back. people jumped on classic because a) curiosity b) nostalgia, not because list of features intrested them, you can't replicate it in retail no matter how far back you will go on 15 years of game development

tldr; bfa bad, but going back is not the way forward
    Prech isn't giving a sincere opinion. He is giving an opinion that will give himself the most video clicks. His "opinion" with the way the wind blows. What ever people are most negative about, he will all of a sudden start parroting.

Wow, this is one of the most absurd thing I have ever read. If people ant to post in this thread and give their opinion, that is their right. Basically, you are mad people won't watch your hero's video. People don't watch his video becuase they know what he truly is. He makes negative videos because he know he will attract people like you to click on them without even trying. And all you are doing is trying to be an influencer for hm. Finally, you only speak for you. Nobody else.
    First time i'm agreeing with you. lol As they think their opinion matter as they saw a video and have the right to make a thread about it, people has seen the thread and has the right to give their opinion on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    I might come back to BFA if they changed PVP over night and made people killable. But as the game stands now, it's near impossible to kill someone 1v1. In BFA you spend a ton of time by yourself, so if I can't even kill anyone 1v1 in the open world, then there is no PVP in this game. You do all this damage, but then you hit someone and nothing happens, that isn't a game, I don't know what that is.
    This is partly why I have War Mode turned off right now and avoided most rated PvP like the plague, as the scaling has made things ridiculous on top of essences. This results in situations where people can die before the CC chain breaks, or some specs are so tanky and/or do so much self-healing as DPS specs that it puts actual hybrid classes to shame. There's also the issue of immunity abilities on short CDs, but this is not only a PvP issue but a PvE issue as well. I really hate saying this, but I kind of wish utility abilities and survival CDs were more like they are in Classic, where the cooldown lengths are long enough to actually have you make a decision versus the CD's always being up by the time you get back to your corpse.

Anyways, more on topic: I've been discussing the system bloat and the positive/negative interactions of systems long before I saw the OP's linked video, as this has become a bigger issue as the game comes along. In some respects, Blizz knows system bloat is an issue, hence their design philosophy going into BfA: Blizz wants to have systems that are introduced into an expansion and disappear when the next expansion goes live. This is why classes got heavily pruned, so Blizz would have a default baseline for the expansions to come, and the new systems would build on these. However, this methodology has upsides and downsides, some of which was discusses in Preach's video.

Outside of the new expansion model, there have been iterative systems/adjustments added since vanilla that still exist today, and their effects can have unintended consequences (especially when layered with expansion-specific systems). For example, the WF/TF system by itself is not a bad system and required for some content to function as intended... however the WF/TF system layered into all the other systems in the game introduces some serious problems and drawbacks that the system would not experience in a vacuum. This can be said for almost any system added to WoW, and again reinforces why Blizz wants a baseline model to avoid multiple expansion systems conflicting with each other.

All this being said, I think the focus was the systems just introduced in BfA, and it is admittedly difficult and convoluted when you think about it. If you're someone that stays up-to-date, follows beta/PTR info and changes, runs simulations and checks class resources frequently, you probably don't give it a second thought... and you're also in the minority of WoW players. I had my kid ask how one should go about gearing up once you hit 120, and sadly my response devolved into what Preach's explanation of the current systems, and that is a problem. When you've been playing a game so long, you kind of become used to systems and things become second nature, but if you're trying to bring new players into a game it can be insanely overwhelming. It's similar to when I first tried PoE during the Bestiary league, and everything was so confusing on top of the overlapping of several season's worth of content, requiring me to spend tons of time reading guides and watching videos to even figure out what the hell I was supposed to be doing. While people who are more hardcore about gaming won't find this too off-putting, your average player likely finds this a massive turn-off. My wife used to play WoW avidly, and she stopped several expansions ago because the amount of time and effort she needed to just play the game and keep up with end-game content became so massive that she couldn't devote the time to it and lost interest in the game.

...well, this turned into a much longer post than intended. Anyways, regardless of what you think of Preach, the concept of system bloat is not only something others not named Preach (including myself) have discussed and commented on for years, but also something even Blizz has openly admitted is an issue.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville