Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Dude makes a 30 minute Video about everything wrong with BFA, which the majority of high level players agrees with:

Haters be like:
    "Lol, who cares what a dude, who played WoW for 15 years at the highest level and who has like 400k youtube subscribers on his WoW channel and who gets invited to Blizzcon by Blizzard to have a chance to talk to the devs of the actual game, says? I cleared LFR once when I was afk so my opinion should be valued more."

Basically mmo-champion in a nutshell.
    Preach has been a loudmouth knownothing since cataclysm. He does well to pander to his audience, though. Doom and gloom etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    WoW fans: Blizzard has pruned classes too much, now they're boring to play!
    Also WoW fans: Blizzard has made the game too complicated and confusing to play!

And people wonder why the devs don't listen to their every brilliant idea to fix the state of the game whim.
    What exactly have 3-button rotations with 20 uncontrollable random procs and unintuitive gear with 5 layers of rng and non-displayed proc chances have in common?
    I don't see how your attempt at ridiculing some people makes any sense.

The problem with everything he said is that, yes, you absolutely DO NOT NEED to do of these things. None of it is mandatory and you can clear all content without having any titanforged / corrupted / socketed gear. Will others have better dps by you? Maybe, by a small margin - but if that's your only motivating factor, then you have other problems that need to be addressed, and catering to those people will leave the game stale and unimaginative.

I find it incredibly hilarious how whiny people like Preach are about the things they THINK they need to do that they don't need to do, all because of a problem they created by bringing about this mindset in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    What exactly have 3-button rotations with 20 uncontrollable random procs and unintuitive gear with 5 layers of rng and non-displayed proc chances have in common?
    I don't see how your attempt at ridiculing some people makes any sense.
    The only rng with azerite is with the random vendor, which is actually optional.

But you know how it goes

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    You're projecting. It's actually hilarious.

I like how you immediately made your rebuttal incoherent with your first line, because like, you have friends.

if
    you
    play
    with
    friends
    you
    don't
    need
    to
    grind
    stuff
    if
    you
    don't
    want
    to.

IO doesn't matter if you run with a group. Neck levels? They come with just playing. Itemlevel? Same.

You don't have to grind ANYTHING as a casual player.
    Sometimes
    Your
    Friends
    Aren't
    And
    You'd
    Still
    To
    Play

How can one be so incredibly dense, it's just beyond me.

- - - Updated - - -

The only rng with azerite is with the random vendor, which is actually optional.

But you know how it goes
    You can't possibly be serious. You mean to tell me that 75%+ of all azerite traits aren't just your spell X has a chance to do an additional 500 damage sometimes. Or is that not random enough?
    Last edited by Gasparde; 2019-10-29 at 08:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Dude makes a 30 minute Video about everything wrong with BFA, which the majority of high level players agrees with:

Haters be like:
    "Lol, who cares what a dude, who played WoW for 15 years at the highest level and who has like 400k youtube subscribers on his WoW channel and who gets invited to Blizzcon by Blizzard to have a chance to talk to the devs of the actual game, says? I cleared LFR once when I was afk so my opinion should be valued more."

Basically mmo-champion in a nutshell.
    Your post is basically what is wrong the the WoW community in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Your post is basically what is wrong the the WoW community in a nutshell.
    People are tired of the 5% of the playerbase dictating how we should feel about features, just because they feel like they NEED to do it. You can't introduce anything interesting or beneficial to players into the game, because raiders will throw a fit that they HAVE to do it for some reason and if they don't, their fellow raiders will beat them on the charts by 500 dps and that is UNACCEPTABLE.

If you make positive videos, you get called a shill. If you make negative ones, you rally people and get tons of viewers. Wonder what is more beneficial for content creators.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    People are tired of the 5% of the playerbase dictating how we should feel about features, just because they feel like they NEED to do it. You can't introduce anything interesting or beneficial to players into the game, because raiders will throw a fit that they HAVE to do it for some reason and if they don't, their fellow raiders will beat them on the charts by 500 dps and that is UNACCEPTABLE.
    Raiders are tired of being shittalked because the casual part of the playerbase denies them from having an opinion on the game. But it's a good thing we have the casual forum police telling everyone how things really are. Because we can all clearly see how the game is designed to cater to high end raiders exclusively, which is why they simply shouldn't be allowed to say anything.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    If you make positive videos, you get called a shill. If you make negative ones, you rally people and get tons of viewers. Wonder what is more beneficial for content creators.
    Almost like the game sucks so it's an opinion people can agree with.

Preach has been a loudmouth knownothing since cataclysm. He does well to pander to his audience, though. Doom and gloom etc etc
    Yeah sure. If you only watch the videos where he complaints that is. Maybe you should watch more than one video before you make a fool of yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Preach is almost as bad as Bellular and Taliessin.
    Hi

Isn't it funny how these forums went from hating BFA to neutral to now mostly loving BFA? And it's not because the game changed, but because what Preach said: the people left visiting these forums are BFA lovers and a few guys who would want something else.

Raiders are tired of being shittalked because the casual part of the playerbase denies them from having an opinion on the game. But it's a good thing we have the casual forum police telling everyone how things really are. Because we can all clearly see how the game is designed to cater to high end raiders exclusively, which is why they simply shouldn't be allowed to say anything.
    The entire game caters to raiders, Blizz builds nearly all of their features with raiders in mind, and only accepts feedback as it pertains to raiders.

Not to mention that people who DON'T participate in organized raiding are impacted by raiders because the mindset that you can't join my guild / group if you don't have a maxed neck comes from raiders themselves.

So no, sorry, casual players have been taking the front end of the stick since this games inception and it's high time Blizz stops listening to these people. The game is incredibly limited in the content you can do BECAUSE of raiders crying every time blizz tries something new.

Sometimes
    Your
    Friends
    Aren't
    And
    You'd
    Still
    To
    Play

How can one be so incredibly dense, it's just beyond me.

- - - Updated - - -

You can't possibly be serious. You mean to tell me that 75%+ of all azerite traits aren't just your spell X has a chance to do an additional 500 damage sometimes. Or is that not random enough?
    1(2 because i stacked it intentionally) are like that.
    so 4/6 of my options are flat damage. That's called choosing what you equip.

For M+ my azerite gear has 0 randomness.
    Like, shit. I get that you don't play and are just regurgitating but please educate yourself.

People have short memories, for years the number 1 complaint was that there was nothing to do. Which was true, people like to forget when they praise MoP or Wrath but eventually you'd get to a part in the day or in the week where you could say I've done everything I can do today. So Blizzard gives us these systems to the fill the void, now the complaints have changed from there is nothing to do to I don't like what there is to do.

Both are valid complaints but I don't see why people think removing all the shit today is going to make the game better, that's only going to get us back to where we started.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keesasha Reborn View Post
    Isn't it funny how these forums went from hating BFA to neutral to now mostly loving BFA? And it's not because the game changed, but because what Preach said: the people left visiting these forums are BFA lovers and a few guys who would want something else.
    It's quite easy to do 180 when it's time to flame some random Youtuber. I'm pretty sure if similar thread was made and it praised the game, they'd immediately call him shill and complain how bad both he and BFA are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Actaeix View Post
    People have short memories, for years the number 1 complaint was that there was nothing to do. Which was true, people like to forget when they praise MoP or Wrath but eventually you'd get to a part in the day or in the week where you could say I've done everything I can do today. So Blizzard gives us these systems to the fill the void, now the complaints have changed from there is nothing to do to I don't like what there is to do.

Both are valid complaints but I don't see why people think removing all the shit today is going to make the game better, that's only going to get us back to where we started.
    The thing is that we do have "a lot" to do, but it's largely busy work. After the patch hit, we'll be back to Islands/World Quests to grind AP, do the "new" thingy that's supposedly just Void Islands and killing the same named mobs we did for a year, just to get that neck up.

Mage Tower was something that was well done and fairly enjoyable to repeat on alt. This stuff? Hell no, especially junk like PvP essences.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2019-10-29 at 10:13 PM.

Since when has pointing out the obvious (which has been repeated to death lately) become "droping truth bombs". Stop with this nonsense cult of personality around YTers. Stop feeding into his savior complex.
    Last edited by Nightstalker; 2019-10-29 at 10:46 PM.

I don't watch these vlogger people but I do agree with the sentiment. The temporary systems have to go. I think Ion mentioned in an interview that they seem to also realize this, as the customer base simply sees through it now. Legion and Artifacts/AP was new so people bought in, but by the end realized all that time spent grinding was a huge waste. They tried to repeat it with HoA but by then people saw through the hamster wheel junk and weren't interested (plus the HoA itself was a joke). We're not dumb 20 year old kids, mostly, anymore; we're grown adults with better critical thinking skills and less time to waste in general, so basically Blizz's current design philosophy in BfA is the antithesis of what they should be doing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    I was watching Preach's video "I'm At Blizzcon - Hype and Thoughts Going in" and got a surprisingly thorough articulation of the way I've been feeling for the last two expacs, which is why I've dropped off playing.

The dev team, Ion in particular, would be well-served to pull their heads out of their arses and listen to what Preach said.

<video snipped: videos belong in the video sticky>

Too long didn't watch; I'm really paraphrasing Preach's far better dialogue, but basically the game's too fucking busy. There's too many course corrections. Too many systems. Too many major mid-expansion class or gearing changes. Too much time-gating. Too many chores. Too much complication.

I hadn't framed it in the same terms Preach did before today, but to be honest it's probably why I stopped playing in very-early Legion. I've been playing since Vanilla and I've been a fan of the Warcraft franchise since the mid-90's... But as much as I still enjoy keeping up with the major story beats, watching all the cut-scenes etc, the thought of actually playing BFA makes me sick. The treadmill, the grind walls, the systems confusion, the time gating... Just... Ugh. For me it started with Garrisons (which made me quit for the middle three quarters of WoD) and only went downhill.

There's a reason fans came back to Vanilla, and it's not just nostalgia. Some of it is just a live version of WoW with easily-defined parameters with far less hoops to go through to achieve a set goal for yourself.

I agree with Preach. The only dot-point feature I want to see in the next expansion's preview trailer is:
    • We're removing all the shit you hate.
    While I don't fully disagree with you. Which "you" are referring to in your 1 point bullet. You'll get a different list from each person you ask.