Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    So what's the strategy with Pelosi now agreeing to hold the vote? Doesn't that give the GOP exactly what they wanted?
    It is a necessary step to making the information public and holding public hearings. That's pretty much it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Republicans are still trying to figure out who the whistleblower is, the desperation is palpable.
    We've discussed this. The whistleblower is now irrelevant. Other Trump people have confirmed the quid pro quo.

"I don't know he is!"

/2 hours pass

"WE ALWAYS KNEW HE WAS A NEVER TRUMPER!"

(lol)

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    So what's the strategy with Pelosi now agreeing to hold the vote? Doesn't that give the GOP exactly what they wanted?
    The strategy is that the Resolution is a procedural one - setting out how the House will go about the public part of the Impeachment process - the rules, how testimony will be presented and obtained, etc. . The GOP will spin this however they want - and it doesn't matter because they will neg spin anything now to avoid the facts - but it's not what the GOP asked for, even though they will call it a victory.

At this point the House GOP members are just shit covered dogs barking at some car driving by. The car is the fully constitutional proceedings of the House moving legally forward with Articles of Impeachment against the IMPOTUS Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, what they want to do is complain about the process. She held the impeachment inquiry without vote just long enough for them to latch on to it as a talking point, and now she's kicking the chair from underneath them.

Quote Originally Posted by Julez View Post
    Arguing in bad faith. Sure.

I will let you people continue on with your thread, but I will leave you with this:

Democrats = Wile E. Coyote
    Trump = the Roadrunner

And the supposed impeachment inquiry is nothing but Mueller 2.0. Mueller 1.0 was a complete failure, as will be Mueller 2.0
    The two are unrelated.

I remember when my ex-party supported servicemembers.

Now "military" and "Republican support" are contradictory.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I remember when my ex-party supported servicemembers.

Now "military" and "Republican support" are contradictory.
    I mean...can we call it like it is with this too?

Steve King said the quiet part out loud.

Trump has unintentionally revealed that the Republican support for the military was a dog and pony show. It may have been earnest at one point, but if it was this easy to get elected Republicans to turn on service members then we need to acknowledge that their support of them was never as strong as they claimed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    now they will claim all evidence and findings prior to the vote are illegally obtained and should be thrown out and be unable to be used in impeachment.
    nailed it

"Speaking ahead of the resolution’s release Tuesday, House Republican leaders blasted the Democratic tactics, arguing that the impeachment process was fatally flawed from the beginning and cannot be redeemed with the adoption of new procedures. "

- - - Updated - - -

I cannot wait, looking forward to it.
    why, no matter the outcome you will still stick to some reality like "muller 2.0"...even though muller 1.0 found many people guilty and implicated the president in obstruction over 10 times.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Trump has unintentionally revealed that the Republican support for the military was a dog and pony show. It may have been earnest at one point, but if it was this easy to get elected Republicans to turn on service members then we need to acknowledge that their support of them was never as strong as they claimed.
    I think I pointed out the denouement of this in the first couple of months of the Trump Administration.

Trump lined every 3 feet of the entire Oval office with US flags, presidential flags and most of all, the flags of the armed forces.

And not just the flags:

The flags with their campaign ribbons in full.

Bush '41, Clinton, Bush '43, and Obama all had just an American flag and a presidentail flag;

The military is nothing but a prop to modern Republicans, Trump most of all. A prop on a stage for a television show.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

All of this needs to be part of the Democrats messaging campaign in key states/counties right-the-fuck-now. Get talking points together, have Bezos fund a $10B PAC, and spend the fuck out of the GOP.

An opening statement is not testimony.
    An opening statement is testimony. Not sure where you got the idea that it wasn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

I'm curious, if Trump asked the Ukraine to gather dirt on Biden as a quid pro quo, and Biden has not been nominated by the DNC to be their representative in 2020, wouldn't it be in Trump's best interest to gather dirt on all of his so-called political rivals?
    Did you just ask if it's in his best interest to ask other countries for dirt on political opponents? So you want him to break the law some more.....right.

- - - Updated - - -

I cannot wait, looking forward to it.
    How can you look forward to something that you'll ignore on purpose?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

5+ Year Old Account
    Those who derailed have been dealt with. Do not assist them in their derail by responding and continuing the spiral. Please continue with on-topic discussion.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

I'm curious, if Trump asked the Ukraine to gather dirt on Biden as a quid pro quo, and Biden has not been nominated by the DNC to be their representative in 2020, wouldn't it be in Trump's best interest to gather dirt on all of his so-called political rivals?

Why hasn't Trump tried to gather dirt on Warren, Sanders, Beto, Klobuchar, and the rest of them? Why only focus on Biden? Biden is the least likely of all of them to get the DNC nomination. If Trump was really trying to gather dirt on his political rivals he should be focusing on Warren at the least.
    He has, at least on Warren when she started climbing the polls. You must be rda's new account. Because you post just like him, ignorant and moving the goalposts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Thank you for admitting at one point she was, glad she is doing the right thing and holding a vote.
    She wasn't. She was doing her job and getting information before she made a decision, not being some rash ignorant Republican and trying to say that someone is guilty of something without evidence. Like Sean Duffy, that fucker from Laura Ingraham show last night, and others that have said this Vindman guy that testified today was.

- - - Updated - - -

But that never occurred. Trump never withheld the aide, and the investigation was never opened. Even President Zeleinsky said there was no quid pro quo. Are you accusing Zelensky of lying? Or is he just another Trump stooge, groveling at the feet of the USA so he can get his aid?
    Yes he did. You would know if you read ANYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    He has, at least on Warren when she started climbing the polls. You must be rda's new account. Because you post just like him, ignorant and moving the goalposts.

- - - Updated - - -

She wasn't. She was doing her job and getting information before she made a decision, not being some rash ignorant Republican and trying to say that someone is guilty of something without evidence. Like Sean Duffy, that fucker from Laura Ingraham show last night, and others that have said this Vindman guy that testified today was.
    I've reported every post Julez has made and send a forum PM to the globals.

Let's see if anything gets done with respect to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Honestly ignore the burner account Julez, it's another Russian trying to derail by arguing in bad faith.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was rda that claimed he/she was leaving the forum, and claimed they would give everyone money if they posted again.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I've reported every post Julez has made and send a forum PM to the globals.

Let's see if anything gets done with respect to it.
    Doubt it. There has been lots of conspiracy theories and the same talking points thrown out by the same posters. Shalcker and Julez, and like I said, it sounds just like rda and their standard moving the goalposts tactic like Shalcker does.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Thursday can't get here soon enough. Has anyone seen any reporting on what the timeline would look like after the vote? How quickly would they move into open hearings? How about the release of the transcripts from the closed hearings? I'm hoping after the vote the documents are released over the weekend and then the open hearings start the following week.
    Agreed. I would like Pelosi to own next week's news cycle, so to that end, I wouldn't mind seeing a piecemeal release of some key documents, or one section, or something similar. And then a dump on Monday. Plus, they will need a redaction team for some of the names.

The GOP asked for public hearings...Here. We. Go.

- - - Updated - - -

McConnell's silence continues to be deafening. He also shit all over the GOP House member's efforts to shit all over the patriotism of military personnel.

There is a part of me that wonders if him getting snubbed at Cummings memorial is making that turtle feel he took his politics too far. Him not attempting to defend trump at all is weird.