Assuming the leaflet art is real... pure speculation

(disclaimer obviously: wild speculation for entertainment purposes only)

First - we don't know if this is legit. The source is in doubt. Unlike the Bolvar Lich King high-res which appears to be from a cinematic.

Second - the alleged leaflet logo and art look really, really good. If fake, I think it would have to be a deliberate mislead from Blizz, and I don't think that's likely. A lot of work appears to have gone into both. Like, a lot a lot. Quite a few professional hours.

For the purpose of this thread, let us assume it may be real. What implications could there be?

-Bastion appears to be an almost Greco-Middle Eastern inspired as well as an Elven city. (Suramar meets Elysium)
    -It looks reminiscent of Elune. Elune is sometimes said to be a sheperd of the dead. An upstart goddess? Do the celestial Kyrians serve her? Could we meet Elune? A Kyrian allied race for the alliance? And a secondary Bastion-based race for the Horde?
    -Bastion would be a perfect place from a neutral city and our adventures to start. And a city under siege, like we've gone to the rescue of so many times (callback to that feeling when you land on the beaches in TBC, WOTLK, Legion etc.)
    -Themes and names seem related to D&D. Which has served as frequent (main?) inspiration for the Warcraft and Warhammer universes (all stemming from LOTR and norse folklore etc.).
    -Bolvar or the amalgamation of Nerzhul, Arthas and Bolvar that exists now, may raise Death Knights from the soldiers fallen in the fourth war, to aid the Horde and Alliance in bolstering their numbers. Arthas said he did not fully unleash the scourge and that there was a reason for that. Maybe that reason is still balance. Maybe Bolvar also must help maintain that balance.
    -Sylvanas may be working with other dead and undead powers, or even Old Gods, in the Shadowlands to take over Bastion, and perhaps defeat Elune, taking full control of a realm of death and undeath

I can't wait to find out this weekend. I haven't been this hyped about WoW since WOTLK. I think the potential for story telling and content here is absolutely amazing

we'll see.. i dont really like the name tho

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The art gives me hope we'll get a decent city for a change.

It is most definitely the Shadowlands, all lore points to it.

Quote Originally Posted by runebobo View Post

(disclaimer obviously: wild speculation for entertainment purposes only)

First - we don't know if this is legit. The source is in doubt. Unlike the Bolvar Lich King high-res which appears to be from a cinematic.

Second - the alleged leaflet logo and art look really, really good. If fake, I think it would have to be a deliberate mislead from Blizz, and I don't think that's likely. A lot of work appears to have gone into both. Like, a lot a lot. Quite a few professional hours.

For the purpose of this thread, let us assume it may be real. What implications could there be?

-Bastion appears to be an almost Greco-Middle Eastern inspired as well as an Elven city. (Suramar meets Elysium)
    -It looks reminiscent of Elune. Elune is sometimes said to be a sheperd of the dead. An upstart goddess? Do the celestial Kyrians serve her? Could we meet Elune? A Kyrian allied race for the alliance? And a secondary Bastion-based race for the Horde?
    -Bastion would be a perfect place from a neutral city and our adventures to start. And a city under siege, like we've gone to the rescue of so many times (callback to that feeling when you land on the beaches in TBC, WOTLK, Legion etc.)
    -Themes and names seem related to D&D. Which has served as frequent (main?) inspiration for the Warcraft and Warhammer universes (all stemming from LOTR and norse folklore etc.).
    -Bolvar or the amalgamation of Nerzhul, Arthas and Bolvar that exists now, may raise Death Knights from the soldiers fallen in the fourth war, to aid the Horde and Alliance in bolstering their numbers. Arthas said he did not fully unleash the scourge and that there was a reason for that. Maybe that reason is still balance. Maybe Bolvar also must help maintain that balance.
    -Sylvanas may be working with other dead and undead powers, or even Old Gods, in the Shadowlands to take over Bastion, and perhaps defeat Elune, taking full control of a realm of death and undeath

I can't wait to find out this weekend. I haven't been this hyped about WoW since WOTLK. I think the potential for story telling and content here is absolutely amazing

- bastion: Yeah kinda have greek/roman meets elven theme. But the name bastion sounds more diablo like. But a city in the underworld. how do we get there? Could be cool. Also it looks to be in a desert of sorts. And kinda get a LOTR minas tirith vibe from it.

- Elune...nope i do not see it. But would be cool to hear something from her. Kyrian allied race. To soon to know. And why does it have to be horde? maybe alliance ...or both?...oohh wait the last 1 they would not do anymore. But i think it will be more of a neutral faction. But if its the undead/ghost. Is kyrian not the name for all the "good" fighting on 1 side ghosts?

- we do not even know what bastion is. A land, a city, a realm, a planet? But yeah it could be cool building up a city. use it as a start point.
    But on the otherhand, coming to a city at the end is also cool.

- Yes on the themes, kinda diablo D&D like. even the name makes me think that.

- Yeah i think bolvar is no longer in the driving seat. the blue eyes are a sign to me. its the LK again.

- Yes on the bitchwhoshallnotbenamed.

What would that even be is the thing?
    I don't know what purpose that document would have to exist.
    Is it meant to be art used some where as a whole? Because that text in the middle just seems really odd to me.
    Why would anything in the "shadowlands" be "noble" or called "bastion?"
    Why would they be advertising this instead of the actual main features of the expansion?
    Just seems extremely general.

Like is there an equivalent for BFA?
    Surely it would have included major features like Warfronts or Islands if there was, not "new abilities."
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if this city will be one where alliance and horde both are. I mean, the general consensus at the end is that Horde and Ally fight as one. So, a new main city hub for the expansion could fit and if this is indeed a new allied race, why does it have to be horde or alliance?

PC: (Case) Phanteks - Eclipse P300, (Power Supply) Apevia - 750W ATX, (Vid) MSI - Radeon RX 580, (HD) Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB, (SSD) Transcend - MTS600
    (RAM) Corsair - 8GB x2, (Motherboard) ASRock - AB350, (CPU) AMD - Ryzen 5 1400, (OS) W10

----------------
    WoW player, GW2 Dabbler and the Girl Who Went Chasing Owls.

Valkyr.....Kyrian

Valkyrian

Odyn said he saw beings living in the Shadowlands and were inspiration for Valkyr.

Also Tides of Vengeance logo looked real too. We'll see.

Not enough bolvar in the pictures.

Blizzard are straight shooters. It most definitely is something simple like Shadowlands, similar to simple themes like Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    What would that even be is the thing?
    I don't know what purpose that document would have to exist.
    Is it meant to be art used some where as a whole? Because that text in the middle just seems really odd to me.
    Why would anything in the "shadowlands" be "noble" or called "bastion?"
    Why would they be advertising this instead of the actual main features of the expansion?
    Just seems extremely general.

Like is there an equivalent for BFA?
    Surely it would have included major features like Warfronts or Islands if there was, not "new abilities."
    To me, it looks like it might be part of an early draft of the associated webpage, or two slides from the upcoming presentation shown vertically for some reason.

Just a few days to go until we know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwgmon View Post
    To me, it looks like it might be part of an early draft of the associated webpage, or two slides from the upcoming presentation shown vertically for some reason.

Just a few days to go until we know for sure.
    That would be my guess as well, some sort of powerpoint slides.

If we are to go to the shadowlands, a place essentially void of all actual lore, then it makes sense we'll start at a city that could be called Bastion. It sits on the edge of whatever the shadowlands are, possibly acting as a gate or limbo between worlds.

The logo also just looks way cool imo.

Yeah, multiple professional graphic designers have confirmed that a LOT of work went into the logo, as well as the concept art of "Bastion".

Call me crazy but I feel like it all fits really nicely. And I get a lot of Diablo-esque callbacks as well. To War in Heaven. I think that would be an interesting expack indeed. A war between life and undeath - and death.

Only a couple days now til we'll likely know! :-D

15+ Year Old Account
    Can someone find the artpiece with google? If not, then it might be legit. Usually art for fake leaks is taken from somewhere, like deviantart.

And where would that city be in? A better looking desert than Tanaris.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!