Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Well, even if you don't want to do a deathless run, there's a fairly popular mod that changes up a bunch of stuff and basically makes a new playthrough very different: Cinders Mod on nexus, if you want to try it out. There's another one for DS1 called "Daughters of Ash" which does something similar.
    I mostly play on PS4 but I do own DS3 on PC so I may give that a go.

I need to get DS1R on PC at some point as well.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I mostly play on PS4 but I do own DS3 on PC so I may give that a go.

I need to get DS1R on PC at some point as well.
    They're both on sale right now on steam. The season pass for DS3 has both expansions for $12.49 total if you already own the base game. DS1 Remastered is 40% off for $23.99.

They're both on sale right now on steam. The season pass for DS3 has both expansions for $12.49 total if you already own the base game. DS1 Remastered is 40% off for $23.99.
    Nice, I may have to consider it if I get the funds.

I own DS3 and the first DLC due to Humble Bundle so all I need is the second DLC.

I wonder if DS1 will be even cheaper than that because I own the original and I knew before that was a thing, I may have to look.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

If you're feeling risky, the soul of the Stray Demon from the area above the Wolf of Farronin the Farron Woods area can be transposed into a purely physical pyromancy called Boulder Heave that can stunlock a lot of enemies. Pretty useful until you get your dark pyromancies.

OMG I can get DS1R on PC for $4 LOL because I own the original and its on sale.....

FUCK I shouldn't buy things I don't need lol.

OMG I can get DS1R on PC for $4 LOL because I own the original and its on sale.....

FUCK I shouldn't buy things I don't need lol.
    Wow....nice! That wasn't available for me, even though I already owned DS1 and all DLCs for it. I had to buy on sale for $30 awhile ago.

- - - Updated - - -

I own DS3 and the first DLC due to Humble Bundle so all I need is the second DLC.
    You should be able to pick that up solo for $7.50 on sale right now, then.

- - - Updated - - -

Welp....died to a glitch on Wolnir. Got stuck on his hand while trying to chop a bracelet. Pulled me right down into the killing mist and died before I could homeward bone.

Learned a lot about playing a caster build. I think having a powerful ranged option can be useful, but I found that a lot of enemies either have shields or just don't take a lot of damage from fire. And in the places where I did get use out of hitting and range, I sorta feel like I woulda been better off just using an upgraded bow with fire arrows maybe.

EDIT: Also, I had a question about the rules. Do you guys consider using NPC summons for boss fights as not legitimate?
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-10-30 at 05:43 AM.

EDIT: Also, I had a question about the rules. Do you guys consider using NPC summons for boss fights as not legitimate?
    Play the way you enjoy.

Honestly I treat DS like its Monster Hunter or a mini MMO sometimes. I kill a boss and then help others kill said boss for awhile before moving on.

Wow....nice! That wasn't available for me, even though I already owned DS1 and all DLCs for it. I had to buy on sale for $30 awhile ago.
    Ya it says I still have the $20 off coupon.

You should be able to pick that up solo for $7.50 on sale right now, then.
    Ya I got to wait until Friday to buy it RIP.. but ill likely grab DS1R tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess that makes a kind of sense. Still feels a bit like cheating to me. Same with hitting alt-f4 if you fall to escape a death.

Completely different question: I just realized that since I can't even die once on a deathless run, I also can't use the darksign, which also means I can't even get Yuri of Londor to show up(since it requires you to die multiple times while the darksign is in effect). It also means no free 5 levels from Yoel.

Is there a way around this, or is it just a fact of life during a deathless run?
    That's just life if you want to do a true 0 death run. You could also just jump off a ledge a couple times if you really want Yurias ending

Well I sold a bunch of Steam Cards and grabbed DS1R since it was only $4 for me and the remaining DLC. Its official I own all of DS3 on both console and PC and DS1R on both as well LOL.

Play the way you enjoy.
    Well, this is specific to a deathless run, which is not something enforced by the game itself. Rather, it's a community/personal achievement. Generally I don't see anything wrong with using NPCs, since you have to add the extra risk of completing their respective tasks to use them on certain boss fights. Risk vs reward.
    @Temp name: Yeah, that's about what I though too. I guess Yuria is out of the picture for a deathless run. That's ok tho, it's purely optional.

Ya I got to wait until Friday to buy it RIP.. but ill likely grab DS1R tonight.
    Well, the sale ends Nov 1st. Not sure if that means 12:01 am or if you have until the end of the day.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I sold a bunch of Steam Cards and grabbed DS1R since it was only $4 for me and the remaining DLC. Its official I own all of DS3 on both console and PC and DS1R on both as well LOL.
    Ah, nice! It's well worth it, IMO. The scene is still very much alive, so expect to be invaded periodically. There's also a fairly health modding scene too, if you wanted to try any of the aforementioned changes. Just make sure if you do, you set the game to load in offline mode, and maybe change steam to offline mode too. Otherwise you'll get a soft-ban for "cheating" and not be able to engage in any online functionality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the sale ends Nov 1st. Not sure if that means 12:01 am or if you have until the end of the day.
    Think they normally end at 10am pacific

Man....the more I play this deathless run after doing Dark Souls 1, it's become increasingly apparent how broken DS3 poise is. Where enemies clearly have it, but you don't. I'm almost tempted to use the mod that re-instates poise. Getting so sick of every incidental hit completely stunning my character. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Man....the more I play this deathless run after doing Dark Souls 1, it's become increasingly apparent how broken DS3 poise is. Where enemies clearly have it, but you don't. I'm almost tempted to use the mod that re-instates poise. Getting so sick of every incidental hit completely stunning my character. :/
    Easy solution: Don't get hit!

But yeah, poise isn't a thing in D3, it's really weird. No idea why they removed it from players

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Easy solution: Don't get hit!

But yeah, poise isn't a thing in D3, it's really weird. No idea why they removed it from players
    Somewhere in the development of Bloodborne, FromSoftware got obsessed with disliking "Passive" playstyles. They didn't want people to use shields, or have passive defenses. They REALLLLLLLLY wanted you to hit a button to parry or dodge. You can see this pretty heavily in Bloodborne with using guns to parry, hitting back to regain health, and dodging. Then in Sekiro you can basically just mash the parry button.

They feel this makes the game more challenging. But honestly it just seems annoying to me. One of the greatest parts of the Souls series of games is building your character how you most like.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Welp, you asked, straight swords just deal a really nice amount of damage for the speed they have, therefore when it comes to mistakes, they are far more forgiving than large weapons.

Ranged builds such as sorcery & pyro are also ridiculously strong in PvE as it allows you to just bypass a lot of shit that boss’s do by staying afar, however, you have boss’s like the Demon King that are extremely resistant of fire damage, and if you still don’t have dark spells might be an issue.
    You mean the boss that's covered in fire is resistant to.. fire?

I personally don't care for any type of self made challenge run. I got about 300 hours out of the base game and dlc... Seen all I wanted and done it all. Haven't touched the game in a good while... Until I discovered the cinders mod like last month. It's amazing. I stopped playing wow classic for the time being because of it.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    You mean the boss that's covered in fire is resistant to.. fire?

I personally don't care for any type of self made challenge run. I got about 300 hours out of the base game and dlc... Seen all I wanted and done it all. Haven't touched the game in a good while... Until I discovered the cinders mod like last month. It's amazing. I stopped playing wow classic for the time being because of it.
    Well, the Deathless challenge forces you to completely alter the way you approach the game. Your build is different, the risks you take are different. Even walking near ANYTHING you can fall off of makes you hyper aware.

While something like the Cinders mod makes external and direct changes to the game, a deathless run forces yourself to change the way you play. Either one adds new depth to an already good game.

And btw, I still haven't finished my D3 deathless run yet. As I said before, Poise really is broken. I mean, I don't even know if this is really how the devs intended the game to work. It's so...bad. The game doesn't even feel like it's working properly, and I'm not sure how I didn't notice on my first playthroughs. I'm strongly considering the mod to reinstate poise.