Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    I don't think I have ever see anyone demand it stay just gnome/goblin, most just assume toughs are the easy picks (which they are) for tinker.
    There are certain, um, "vocal" advocates for Tinker on this forum that will attack anyone who suggests other races be involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    There are certain, um, "vocal" advocates for Tinker on this forum that will attack anyone who suggests other races be involved.
    Surprised said individual hasn't chimed in yet.

I'll take literally anything as a new class as long as it's ranged.

I suspect if Tinker is the new class... more people will leave retail and want TBC servers released sooner rather than later.
    "Plato is dear to me, but dearer still is truth." - Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Surprised said individual hasn't chimed in yet.
    He got hit with the banhammer

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Tinkers/Alchemist are the only WC3 class not in World of Warcraft with unique abilities and theme. So it's highly likely they will be a class.

Having said that, they would be the only class added into the game that doesn't reference the expansions premise if Shadowlands is indeed next.

It's such a toss up.
    What class does a Crypt Lord match? I feel like there are a bunch of WC3 classes that are unrepresented, but that one in particular I'm curious about.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    If Tinkers become a class it'll be the first new class I probably wont try.
    Don't feel too special.

Took me years to try out DK and DH. Not everything has to appeal to everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dolus View Post
    I suspect if Tinker is the new class... more people will leave retail and want TBC servers released sooner rather than later.
    Sounds good to me.

But that is a completely ridiculous preposition.

People would abandon it just as fast as they have classic.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    There won't be new class in next expansion.
    Thanks for clearing that up! Hey guys, we can stop talking about new classes, this dude says there won't be any. Silly us.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Don't feel too special.

Took me years to try out DK and DH. Not everything has to appeal to everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds good to me.

But that is a completely ridiculous preposition.

People would abandon it just as fast as they have classic.
    Classic is doing fine.

"Plato is dear to me, but dearer still is truth." - Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Dolus View Post
    Classic is doing fine.

https://youtu.be/ZQOjTn4mhps
    You should NEVER use a babeface video for any argument.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    I wish you good luck with this thread when the tinker fanboys arrive and shit on it for not restricting it to gnome/goblin only.
    Gnome fanboys. I am tinker fan but I want Draenei.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Restricting Tinker to Gnome / Goblin and the current silly gimmick is a marketing suicide. They have to sell it by twisting them a bit, since they don't have strong, high selling figures that players appreciate such as Arthas and Illidan.

1. More races to choose from

that come with customized, racially themed armors and tools they use like Druid skins, Shaman totems, DK and DH's unique customization options(cyborg them a bit, with Titanforge tech, etc)

Human / Dwarf / Dark Iron Dwarf / Gnome / Mechagnome / Draenei / LF Draenei / Worgen / Kul Tiran

Orc / Mag'har / Forsaken / Blood Elf / Nightborne / Goblin / Vulpera(just to give Horde more option)

or simply All races just like Monk and make sure the customization isn't too much work for them.

I'd prefer to focus on the under played races shine, but for a corporation, you need to sell these new contents. Can't just abandon popular races.

2. They have to be Hero Class

unless Blizz changes the levelling flow completely and let us skip previous expansions such as Legion with unique class quest lines, Hero Class would be the best route for new classes.

3. Make Tinker feel more heroic

The current issue of Tinker is that it is very gimmicky and heavily tied to Gnomes and Goblins, which are considered as a comic relief to many. This is the problem that the brand of Tinker class.

The new story need to introduce a hero quest line of the player character who's basically one of the genius tinkers working with Azeroth's finest tech teams trying to work with Titan facilities / technologies for reasons like Old God containment, Azeroth's stability, protection.. and whatnot. But gets transformed or imbued with Titan powers to wield the tech like no one ever did(ideally partially cyborged or something for custom skin)

Even as a Tinker lover, I would never play it or believe in it if it's for only Gnomes / Goblins and stays with the current, silly theme.

Quote Originally Posted by raz98 View Post
    Dark Iron, and Ironforge dwarves

Between all the tanks, mechanical rune stuff, and guns they're best suited for the flavor of Tinkers.
    Draenei engineers are kind of just wizards with hammers and crystal healing shit
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasLehner View Post
    1. More races to choose from:

Human / Dwarf / Dark Iron Dwarf / Gnome / Mechagnome / Draenei / LF Draenei / Worgen / Kul Tiran

Orc / Mag'har / Forsaken / Blood Elf / Nightborne / Goblin / Vulpera(just to give Horde more option)

I can absolutely see Dark Iron dwarves being a viable tinker race, as well as Draenei with their crystal tech and history of mechs. Gnomes and mechagnomes are a given.

For horde it's a little thinner. I know people have suggested mag-har via the iron horde, but all their mechs were goblin made. Blood Elves and Nightborne have a strong history of golems, but not really pilotable mechs or gadgets. Orcs and trolls don't really fit, nor do pandas, vulpera, or tauren. That really just leaves goblins and maaaaaaaaybe forsaken with their background in alchemy and some sort of weird flesh-suit 'mech' made up from stitched body parts? Uhg...that seems unpleasant as hell.

But given how much and how often people claim horde bias by Blizzard, I don't really see it being that bad of an idea that the alliance has more playable races for the new class. 4 to 1 though....that's a bit steep. They'd have to throw horde something; probably Mag Har, since the forsaken idea just sounds too weird. And besides, it conflicts with Deathknights' theme of undead minions, and any possible necromancer class in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    I like new classes, even if only to try them and abandon in few months. Now Tinker, I wouldn't touch this filth. No incentive to purchase expansion for a casual like me.
    Elaborate.

Imagine this:

You enter the arena. There's a furry bastard riding inside an oversized mech. You destroy the mech and the furry bastard grins at you before pulling out another mech from under his tail.

Please no. No yiff in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Imagine this:

You enter the arena. There's a furry bastard riding inside an oversized mech. You destroy the mech and the furry bastard grins at you before pulling out another mech from under his tail.

Now imagine that : you're beating the hell out of a paladin, almost killing him and suddenly he becomes invulnerable and heal back to full.

Inconceivable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Imagine this:

How do "furries" have to do with anything involving Tinkers? Were you high when writing this?

Quote Originally Posted by GMZohar1 View Post
    If they ever become a class they will have 2 specs and essentially be a copy/paste of DHs and Monks since they are the most Diablo style classes
    I don't get where you get this from when there's so many different directions you can go with tinker it's not even funny.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    How do "furries" have to do with anything involving Tinkers? Were you high when writing this?
    I think the furry bit is because some people believe Vulpera would make good tinkers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I can absolutely see Dark Iron dwarves being a viable tinker race, as well as Draenei with their crystal tech and history of mechs. Gnomes and mechagnomes are a given.

For horde it's a little thinner. I know people have suggested mag-har via the iron horde, but all their mechs were goblin made. Blood Elves and Nightborne have a strong history of golems, but not really pilotable mechs or gadgets. Orcs and trolls don't really fit, nor do pandas, vulpera, or tauren. That really just leaves goblins and maaaaaaaaybe forsaken with their background in alchemy and some sort of weird flesh-suit 'mech' made up from stitched body parts? Uhg...that seems unpleasant as hell.

But given how much and how often people claim horde bias by Blizzard, I don't really see it being that bad of an idea that the alliance has more playable races for the new class. 4 to 1 though....that's a bit steep. They'd have to throw horde something; probably Mag Har, since the forsaken idea just sounds too weird. And besides, it conflicts with Deathknights' theme of undead minions, and any possible necromancer class in the future.
    Forsaken would be amazing to see (particularly if we do mech themes) because they could have like hydraulic based theme. You'd see pipes and liquids sloshing around.

Vulpera people mostly seem to think partly to even out the races for each faction, and they do seem like they could be ingenious little ones, but eh...

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    I think the furry bit is because some people believe Vulpera would make good tinkers.
    I mean it seems like he's not even talking about Tinkers. He only wrote that comment to hate on players who play animal races.

Quote Originally Posted by loppy88 View Post
    Elaborate.
    It's just a shitty class with no cool fantasy attachd to it.