Quote Originally Posted by Krille View Post
    Yea I've been a fan for about 20 years now, I'm not from England though.
    Nice! Been a fan for 15 years myself!.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Nice! Been a fan for 15 years myself!.
    All those painful years between 2008-2015 is finally paying off. Feels great!

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    What about Bolvar?
    Bolvar story has just began i feel like so we will be watching it :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I hope Bolvar smites her down in the cinematic...
    you are speaking about Tyrande right? ^_^
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Fingers crossed. But really? How did it began? The Taylor Swift memes. I mean I was there when Vol-de-tort was still food and not Ion's dick. But the Taylor memes just were. As if it was always true.
    I just remember people spamming taylor swift gifs where she is excited in the legion hype thread (yes legion, not BfA) whenever a new build was being pushed to the ptr
    It was a time where I just started to really get into Taylor Swift. And I mean REALLY get into! So all my reactions where Taylor gifs. And from then it just caught on I guess because she is adorable, dorky and easily giffable

5+ Year Old Account
    What about Bolvar?
    Bolvar gets his story with huge gaps. The rise and fall of Garrosh was nicely told from TBC to WoD.

Bolvar was a puppet while Onyxia was active...was okay in Wrath....didn't to shit in Cata, Mop and Wod, and now he is making his slow and steady ascent to his title as The Bolvar.

Butchered, he's been the best WoW original character so far (as in his story both started and ended in WoW, he's not from WC)
    Was*, until he became orc Hitler in MoP because of some dumbass 'communication error' in Blizz's dimwitted writing safe spa.. dojo.

7+ Year Old Account
    What about Bolvar?
    Well his story hasn't ended yet. I specifically mention that the story took its whole span throughout WoW.

We can't say the same about Bolvar since we don't know if they might make other Warcraft universe game that will include him before he dies
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Oh come now, Stormsong Valley is the best BfA zone, at least Alliance side

Other than that, the other thing I'd disagree with is Azsuna. It's bad, but it's no Highmountain. Highmountain was hell to navigate and had a pretty depressing climate and layout. Just being there made my heart sad.
    while i personally agree with you it's still subjective

Other than that, the other thing I'd disagree with is Azsuna. It's bad, but it's no Highmountain. Highmountain was hell to navigate and had a pretty depressing climate and layout. Just being there made my heart sad.
    nah drustvar was the best alliance zone in bfa but i kinda find mechagon more fun tho

Lol at how everyone think that Shadowlands poster is real. First, the art is OK (not stunning, just professional looking) but those towers could literally be anything and made for any game/comic. They don't even look 'shadowy': surely, if they are on an announcement poster for a 'Shadowlands' expansion, they would look darker? That's not to say there might not be light zones in a shadow expansion but not on the poster advertising the game - that would be like WotLK having Sholazar Basin dominate the cinematic.

Secondly the writing is bad because it's too simple. It looks like something a high school kid would throw together if they had to make a fake advert in English class.

Hard disagree, I thought Stormsong was absolute cancer and I couldn’t wait to be done with it. Drustvar was my fav.

I personally adored Highmountain. It has a coherent theme, and I loved that they finally gave Tauren another zone with their classic architecture and culture.

-

I accidentally put Mount Hyjal twice! Vashj'ir is my favourite Cata zone, I know it's polarising, but the ambition was outstanding - I hope we get more zones like this in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    Hard disagree, I thought Stormsong was absolute cancer and I couldn’t wait to be done with it. Drustvar was my fav.

Stormsong is just so... bland? I really feel as though the zone artists were going through a creative block with BFA, either that or the direction was a mess. I didn't find any of the zones particularly immersive or interesting.

If they revamp Northrend they need to give us flying for Storm Peaks/Icecrown :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dorthonion1 View Post
    Lol at how everyone think that Shadowlands poster is real. First, the art is OK (not stunning, just professional looking) but those towers could literally be anything and made for any game/comic. They don't even look 'shadowy': surely, if they are on an announcement poster for a 'Shadowlands' expansion, they would look darker? That's not to say there might not be light zones in a shadow expansion but not on the poster advertising the game - that would be like WotLK having Sholazar Basin dominate the cinematic.

Secondly the writing is bad because it's too simple. It looks like something a high school kid would throw together if they had to make a fake advert in English class.
    I think people need to let go of Shadowlands being overly gloomy. The picture has been googled and 0 matches. Sure the text might be bad, but have you seen some things in this game? There is tons of badly written text.

Everyone hated on Highmountain so much during the beta, I did it first and thought it was awesome.

Once you run around the place 2-3 times, you memorize it just like every other zone.

Not every zone should be flat and easy to navigate.
    Last edited by spleen1015; 2019-10-30 at 12:12 PM.
    #TeamTinkers

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorthonion1 View Post

1. Feel free to look for that artwork and show where it is from. If you've seen them showing zone concept art before on panels you'd know that it's usually sketches like this, sometimes even no color.

2. The advert is not for the expansion but for the Blizzcon demo, and the zone art refers probably to just the 1 demo zone, not all of shadowlands. And the text represents what is playable during the demo (zone Bastion in which the Kyrian live probably), it's not an advert for the whole expansion
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Given the quality of the leveling zones in BfA, it is one of the things I am looking forward to with 9.0. Can't wait to see and level in the new zones.
    #TeamTinkers

CLASSIC - Thousand Needles
    TBC - Zangarmarsh
    WOTLK - Grizzly Hills
    CATA - Vashir
    MOP - Jade Forest
    WOD - Shadowmoon Valley
    LEGION - Suramar
    BFA - Volduun

however if i could choose one zone in the entire game that in the last day of wow id log out of, it would be grizzly hills

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    Everyone hated on High Mountain so much during the beta, I did it first and thought it was awesome.

Once you run around the place 2-3 times, you memorize it just like every other zone.

Not every zone should be flat and easy to navigate.
    It makes sense for some zones to be hard to navigate and mountainous, I mean it's literally called Highmountain whereas it comes across as unnecessary and design filler to make a zone like Nazjatar hard to navigate and full of boring mountains that don't add any flavour.