Quote Originally Posted by keygy View Post
    Because a certain amount of people like the theme behind Dark Ranger, and they want a ranged physical class more, the hunter is the only one with this archetype for ex.
    An engineer class could also be physical ranged (turrets, sprayguns, explosives, gunbots).

Quote Originally Posted by Eurothemist View Post
    Was this posted yet? I just woke up

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ou_made_me_do/
    I made this. Funny feeling seeing something you made get so many upvotes :x

10+ Year Old Account
    The more I think about it, the more I actually want a Northrend revamp to happen.

If you go back a few pages you'll see me contradict myself by saying "it wouldn't be enough."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Just 15 more hours of work (2 shifts) before I get to prep for blizzcon!!! (Easier for me to count it in work hours than real time). What is everybody's plan for blizzcon?

Treating yourself with a meal and watching it, watch party, attending blizzcon or nothing special?
    I'll be chilling on couch, with snacks and drinks, cuddling with my cat Tink. The perfect day!

btw guys, so if i understand correctly, this years blizzcon will allow a full 3 hours and 15 min of free coverage up from jsut 1 hour from previous blizzcons because of the inclusion of 4 coming soon panels?

lol 1 hour to 3 hour 15 min

wtf

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    ignoring the new magic she's using, she is what a dark ranger playable class should be.

all these banshee abilities she shows off, flying, turning into a death cloud, raising the dead in a limited capacity, banshee scream, mind control, this is what a dark ranger MUST be if they are ever added.
    dark ranger and bashees are different things all together

and she is buffed aparently, not rly the same.

ignoring the new magic she's using, she is what a dark ranger playable class should be.

all these banshee abilities she shows off, flying, turning into a death cloud, raising the dead in a limited capacity, banshee scream, mind control, this is what a dark ranger MUST be if they are ever added.
    Yeah, those bits, sure. But this new sudden death blow that one-shot Saurfang, isn't. To be honest, we haven't seen much of the other bits too, but I'll chalk that up to mostly just not seeing Dark Rangers in combat in general. But like I've said in other threads, they could still just add those bits to a Dark Ranger spec, where the damage baseline will be arrows doing shadow damage and corrupting the enemy while they flit around with their banshee-themed Disengage.

Although, this is still back and forth. Because we are basing this on all Dark Rangers being raised the same way Sylvanas was where she was initially turned into a Banshee who then found her body again. If they're just an undead ranger that was raised, they would still have the necromantic, but not banshee abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Illidan and Lich King are an example of their powers being passed on to the "Hero Class members". Not too long till we find out I suppose.
    They got their powers, but the ones that made sense. Not the over the top insane ones. Once again, you don't see DKs raising literal armies, but you can raise a couple. You don't see Demon Hunters going around summoning Flame Demons from their glaives.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    However, I simply won't accept an expansion where Ghostbuster Tinkers pave the way to Shadowlands. That sounds too stupid even for Pixar standards.
    that's definitely the way i see it.

i don't think i'd even play the new expansion if that were the case. but the fucking herds of soy-infused losers would eat it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandonwstrong View Post
    Tinkers confirmed?!
    Based on what?

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    btw guys, so if i understand correctly, this years blizzcon will allow a full 3 hours and 15 min of free coverage up from jsut 1 hour from previous blizzcons because of the inclusion of 4 coming soon panels?

wtf
    Basically all 4 announcements panels are free this time which leads to the idea that big stuff are coming to every Blizz franchise

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    Yeah, those bits, sure. But this new sudden death blow that one-shot Saurfang, isn't. To be honest, we haven't seen much of the other bits too, but I'll chalk that up to mostly just not seeing Dark Rangers in combat in general. But like I've said in other threads, they could still just add those bits to a Dark Ranger spec, where the damage baseline will be arrows doing shadow damage and corrupting the enemy while they flit around with their banshee-themed Disengage.
    no class in the game does that.

you can't just make a character bounce between being undead and not undead, that's just terrible. it'd be like if your forsaken shadow priest turned into a living human for holy spec.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renley View Post
    I'll be chilling on couch, with snacks and drinks, cuddling with my cat Tink. The perfect day!
    If my plans for a viewing party fail (because I told other friends to organize the stuff and I'll handle the ticket, since I'm the only one working and dont have time to organize) I might end up the same, except my cat is called Bismarck
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

i don't think i'd even play the new expansion if that were the case. but the fucking herds of soy-infused losers would eat it up.
    As much as I do want tinker, the "ghost-buster" spec did always sound kinda odd to me. I would rather see the mech type specs or maintaining turrets or the healing spec based on something like Ana's gun from Overwatch or the bandage gun and the like.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    The more I think about it, the more I actually want a Northrend revamp to happen.

If you go back a few pages you'll see me contradict myself by saying "it wouldn't be enough."
    Ercaro (el caro) might've had the real leak after all
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Well said sir! Hopefully we won't be disappointed with the announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post

wtf
    Well they are going all out this year with 9.0, Diablo 4, OW2 and possibly another surprise so might as well get as many people to see it as they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Ercaro (el caro) might've had the real leak after all
    El Caro...

*Spanish guitar riff sounds in the distance*
    The world revamp dream will never die!

As much as I do want tinker, the "ghost-buster" spec did always sound kinda odd to me. I would rather see the mech type specs or maintaining turrets or the healing spec based on something like Ana's gun from Overwatch or the bandage gun and the like.
    Tank, healer and dps. DPS uses engineering stuff to deal dmg, bombs, robots, guns. Healers use bots and healing rays. Tank summons a Mech DVA-style.

According to the leak, the "Ghostbuster" aspect is only in the DPS spec.

no class in the game does that.

you can't just make a character bounce between being undead and not undead, that's just terrible. it'd be like if your forsaken shadow priest turned into a living human for holy spec.
    Yeah, I know. That's why it's a problem implementing it at all. Because it's specific to the Undead, more specifically, Undead Elf Rangers (and Nathanos until recently where a few more undead humans have been learning). But if they're going to change the lore and open it up to more classes, I don't get why people think they wouldn't just change the lore to open it up as a spec. Instead of having to be undead, it's just a hunter who chose to forsake nature and find a more shadowy means to fulfill their end.