10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    Aww shucks I just wanted to be one of the cool kids. Thanks for the heads up!
    You are already one of the cool kids.

7+ Year Old Account
    My blizzard inside source (my uncle's brother's son) just informed me about the new class in Shadowlands:

With the shadowlands being a dark and gloomy place we need someone to bring the light to the shadows.

Introducing new class: Kobold, with 3 specs: Candle Thrower (Range DPS), Waxguard (Tank) and Tallower (Healer)
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Salvager23 View Post
    There's been a lot of mechanical art assets created in BFA, from the new Goblin mech to Mechagon. There's also been a surprising amount of lore for Goblins and Gnomes, culminating with Gazlowe becoming the Goblin leader, and Mechagnomes becoming ppayable. I

t would be strange for nothing to come out if it.
    There is the argument that that IS what's to come of it. Yknow? Gnomes finally getting love after 8 years since "reclaiming" Gnomeregan isn't a sign that more gnome content is coming. Almost the contrary really
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Question: What race would your dark ranger be and gender and spec?
    Murloc and murloc wuld be genderless

Quote Originally Posted by HailArthas View Post
    Taylor Swift is just LFR Lana Del Rey
    I agree. Beyonce is much better than Taylor Not-So-Swift
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    It's like if we got Monks during the Legion expansion and we got Demon Hunters during MoP. That's how much sense Tinkers make right now. No thx.
    except we already got a hero class for the death theme so if next expac is about death aswell they don't need another one. especially if it involves the bolvar there should be a dk presence.. not some necromancer or dark rangers running around.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

My sources tell me the new class is named Nathanos and it can be whatever you want it . The class is also hated by everyone because of how awesome it is and it has the best plot armor ever

Quote Originally Posted by Jailson Mendes View Post
    she was a banshee who find her corpse, she cant rly "train and pass the teaching of becoming a banshee"

monks among fantasie stuff are healers and tanks, its not rly absurd, same with DKs, a demon hunter tanking demons make sense

A dark ranger ,tanking and healer don't, a melee dps? yes it would make sense, but the rest is a big stretch
    You're getting hung up on semantics. Just because it has the word ranger, doesn't mean it can't tank/heal/melee/etc.

Priest=person who worships the light, yet they have shadow and void spells.

Furthermore, much like Brewmaster in WC3 became Monk in WoW, Dark Ranger could become something else in WoW, where the Dark Ranger portion(dark magic bow wielding DPS) is a spec. And they create one or two other specs that fit, again, just like Windwalker and Mistweaver(that had 0 lore behind them prior to MoP).

All the Gnome and Goblin stuff just indicates that Tinkers will not happen anytime soon, because why would they blow all their load now instead of in the expansion where it would actually be relevant

What I'd still like too is customization within the races. Like... dwarves that are earthen or iron dwarves and of course Wildhammer, Forsaken that are dead elves (bloodelves and nightelves) and maybe lepergnomes (hey, we have at least two of those running around with the Forsaken! ^^). They don't all need to be extra allied races, I think.
    And of course some more variations in the already existing customizations, like.... make the eye-colour independent from the face and those things.

Just woke up, why is Taliesin telling me in a video that the old Shadowlands map "leak" was real? Did I miss something, I thought that whole thing was debunked in 8.2.5?

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    There is the argument that that IS what's to come of it. Yknow? Gnomes finally getting love after 8 years since "reclaiming" Gnomeregan isn't a sign that more gnome content is coming. Almost the contrary really
    Well yeah, but you now have a robotic race with no class that works with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    All the Gnome and Goblin stuff just indicates that Tinkers will not happen anytime soon, because why would they blow all their load now instead of in the expansion where it would actually be relevant
    People are mistaking ANY Gnome/Goblin development and love (which is long overdue) for "omg tinkers!!".

Remembering that Gnomes and Goblins exist =/= Tinkers are coming.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvager23 View Post
    There's been a lot of mechanical art assets created in BFA, from the new Goblin mech to Mechagon. There's also been a surprising amount of lore for Goblins and Gnomes, culminating with Gazlowe becoming the Goblin leader, and Mechagnomes becoming ppayable. I

t would be strange for nothing to come out if it.
    Maybe Gnomes will finally get their city back.

But since we are talking about surprising amount of lore and shit.....Male Dark Rangers and Kaldorei Dark Rangers are popping up in BfA when the only one who wasn't a high elf chick was Nathanos so far. Furthermore we have DRs who aren't really fans of either Sylvanas or Nathanos.

It would be strange id nothing came out of it.

The whole "have the class fit the expansion theme" is nothing but a convenient but ultimately arbitrary choice by Blizzard that they could turn their back on any time.

I'm not saying they will, but they could and all that thumping on the "rules of engagement" for expansion features means nothing.

Of course, a Necro or Dark Ranger would obviously still be a "better thematic fit", but if Blizzard wants to do Tinkers, they'll do Tinkers.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    We could also make the argument that there are now 2 racial leaders whose canonical means of fighting is jumping into a mechsuit, while simultaneously being known for being engineers. We have also fought both of said racial leaders in their mechs and gotten a taste of what a tinker is capable of.

So one one hand we have Dark rangers, a Hunter reskin capable of using dagger with an NPC who is a banshee.
    On the other hand we have Tinkers, a class that has been requested since Vanilla, whose class identity and gameplay does not have a direct analogue in the other classes.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Maybe because they can't make an expansion based around Tinkers, so it's better for them to build them up and release them in an unrelated expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticon View Post
    Just woke up, why is Taliesin telling me in a video that the old Shadowlands map "leak" was real? Did I miss something, I thought that whole thing was debunked in 8.2.5?
    Map was originally it's own thing. Someone made a new leak and connected it/based it on the map. That written portion was debunked, but the map still exists as potentially real.

Quote Originally Posted by Renley View Post
    No one expected Monks to be a thing, when the only thing in WC3 they had was the Brewmaster. And then, Blizzard made a DPS spec AND a healer spec for them, based on new lore they created. Then in Legion, we got the Vengeance tank spec for DH. Same story.

If Blizzard wants to make something, they will. It makes it easier too, when there is already some vague pre-existing proof/reasons in game. *shrug*

Honestly, DR/Necro/Tinker are all quite possible and likely.
    Might have just been my circle at the time, but monks/brewmasters weren't a surprise to anyone at all. That or Demon Hunter had always seemed the logical next class. Although there were expectations for the Writings of the Dark Herald chain to go somewhere.

I absolutely agree that arguments as to why something is "impossible" don't have merit though. Death Knights prior to wrath were almost exclusively ex-paladins, extremely few in number, and bound to a single runeblade which exerted its willpower over them (and through it, the Lich King's will).

What did they do? Rewrote DK lore, made the above DKs second-gen, and made a third-gen with less restrictions.

Same with Night Elf Arcanists, Illidari, Worgen, and other changes they've made that used to be too limited to be playable. Lore bends to shape gameplay and they'll reshape the lore if they like a concept.

So with death being the main focus, what will be the b plot. Will it be the void?

Sinestra is confirmed to be alive in the great dark. Perhaps we can have a raid with chromatus?!

Also will galakrond be a boss somewhere in 9.0??