Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    They will probably say that they'll have to see about TBC, there's 2 more years anyway so they are not in a rush.
    And hopefully shut down the Classic+ nonsense so maybe people can stfu about it.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Probably not. You got what you wanted.

Classic is released, along with all its phases.

Now enjoy... Hope all their other announcements are to do with new releases and new projects.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

10+ Year Old Account
    You ain't hearing shit.. you got your Classic.

Now shush.

Not this year. Tbc servers announced next year

Love classic but other than talking it up, they won’t say much other than gloat about its success

They have a lot on the plate for blizzcon and they need something for next year and classic+ or tbc fit that bill

For Blizzard, Classic is a nice tool to fill the gaps in Retails content schedule. This BlizzCon is all about the next retail expansion, Classic will not be front and center. Next year, when there is no new Retail expansion to announce, then you might expect more Classic news.

If they continue to develop more Classic expansions, you can expect them to release in lock-step with retail, which means that next year all you get is the 6 phases of Classic, while Retail gets a new expansion, and the year after you might get more Classic, while Retail only gets content patches.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    you realize that its running the modern client, right? it would actually take very little work.
    You realize since late-legion/BFA the modern client is incapable of running original character models at all due to incompatible animations, right? Blizzard literally explained on the BFA Beta forums why Old models were going away and why new/old models are not compatible on the same client anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Youll get a release date of phase2. lol @ classic+, the fact you still think thats ever gonna be a thing is hillarious.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They actually were already in the early builds of it, there was a post about it, it is pretty much a simple replace, even the only animations work with the modern models...

The game is already a remaster, like it is not that much a of a jump, nor is it your concern since their job is all but done with the main experience of classic.
    This is entirely incorrect.

The files were in the builds (they actually still are), but they are incompatible and unusable in game. They are there because stripping them completely from the client would cause more problems on the backend. The existence of files in the build does not equal "simple replace." It's much more complicated.
    Last edited by Oftenwrongsoong; 2019-10-30 at 05:34 PM.

I could see them announce the release dates of the next couple of phases and maybe the possibility of them doing TBC. I’d be really surprised if they do like an info dumb about a possible Classic+ and what to expect of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oftenwrongsoong View Post
    You realize since late-legion/BFA the modern client is incapable of running original character models at all due to incompatible animations, right? Blizzard literally explained on the BFA Beta forums why Old models were going away and why new/old models are not compatible on the same client anymore.
    ok so they made the modern client capable of running the old stuff. doesnt mean its incapable of running the newer stuff.

ok so they made the modern client capable of running the old stuff. doesnt mean its incapable of running the newer stuff.
    That goes back to the amount of development work it would take to do so............................

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Youll get a release date of phase2. lol @ classic+, the fact you still think thats ever gonna be a thing is hillarious.
    yeah i dont understand why people talk to matter-of-factly about classic+ as if its already confirmed, when its not even remotely confirmed and is never going to happen. just people living in bubbles i guess.

- - - Updated - - -

That goes back to the amount of development work it would take to do so............................
    like i said, none.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can confirm TBC. Likely release date is 2021 unless they want to significantly shrink Classic timeline. But beta test might start in 2020. Or they just might want to announce it early to add to Classic hype.

They'll probably announce Phase 2 release and drop it shortly after Blizzcon...

As far as my hopes and dreams? They announce that they are including Battlegrounds in Phase 2. Maybe they give wPvP a month or so, and drop it mid-phase, like they did with Dire Maul.

This is entirely incorrect.

The files were in the builds (they actually still are), but they are incompatible and unusable in game. They are there because stripping them completely from the client would cause more problems on the backend. The existence of files in the build does not equal "simple replace." It's much more complicated.
    Yes I know, I am a programmer so I understand but it is still not as much work as you think, there are not that many models in classic game to begin with. Also as I said they have a dedicated classic team which I assume are working on something related to classic, and this is a feature a veritable shit ton of people wanted since before it even launched so it will happen but it is just a matter of when. Not sure why people need to be argumentative about something that does not effect them in any way.

PS: We demanded Zandalari Paladin and we got it, We demanded Kul'Tiran Shaman and we got it. We get what we want if enough of us want it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Doubt it, Blizzcon already looks really packed. I think we will have Burning Crusade "reveal" next year (and they'll continue to release retail->classic->retalic etc. expacs every year, yes - even beyond WotLK).

- - - Updated - - -

like i said, none.
    "Hey, Ion, I just tried to compile the build and it failed?"

"Yea, that's what we expected because the assets are incomplete and incompatible with 1.13--especially since we don't even have any updated spell animations that work with some of the new models for some of the Classic abilities. Anyway, what work do you need to do to get that up and running?"

"None."

"Oh..."
    Last edited by Oftenwrongsoong; 2019-10-30 at 05:47 PM.

So, most of the players you ask who are logged into Classic love the idea of Classic+ as opposed to TBC.
    Very confident that blizzard will be entertaining the community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Yes I know, I am a programmer so I understand but it is still not as much work as you think, there are not that many models in classic game to begin with. Also as I said they have a dedicated classic team which I assume are working on something related to classic, and this is a feature a veritable shit ton of people wanted since before it even launched so it will happen but it is just a matter of when. Not sure why people need to be argumentative about something that does not effect them in any way.

PS: We demanded Zandalari Paladin and we got it, We demanded Kul'Tiran Shaman and we got it. We get what we want if enough of us want it.
    So entitled shitkickers get what they want. What a moral of a story.

Classic+ is ridiculous. Retail is Classic+ so go play that.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."