Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GMZohar1 View Post
    Agreed. I think tinkers have the potential to be one of the most amazing classes with so many different things it could possible do. But, it wont. Pruning, DH, and one diemensional specs kinda prove that Blizzard wont put a lot of thought into it
    This is where I stand on all classes.

I'm open to all class concepts being playable in WoW on the basis that Blizzard has a formula set, and they're designing classes like madlibs.

They might start with something absolutely new and fresh, but a couple expansions in everything gets homogenized to the point where all specs are just derivatives of each other. That's the only way they see balancing all specs in this game.

So in the end it doesn't matter if it's a Necromancer or a Tinker or a Dark Ranger. It's all gonna fit within the standard we expect to see classes today. This isn't Heroes of the Storm we're talking about where they can pull out a completely radical concept like Deathwing as a playable Hero.

I think we will get a non hero class - Tinker
    If you want to follow the cycle that blizzard tends to follow we had a hero class in Wrath, a non hero class in Pandaria, and a hero class in Legion. It’s time for a non hero class. There will always be debate between people for and against tinkers just like dark rangers. Tinkers will get announced, and I think they will be a super unique class unlike dark rangers. And I think they will be a spec that fits all roles just like the last non hero class.

Tank - Mechsuits Or just giant maces (which could have different appearance depending on race)
    Dps - Guns and turrets (finally another gun user!)
    Healer- using gizmos and gadgets to heal allies (healbot 5000, buff turrets, target training dummy to hold threat while leveling.

There is so much potential flavor that could be brought to the game with this class.

Possible Tinker Races -

Alliance -
    Human, Dwarf, Draenei, Gnome, Pandaren, dark iron dwarf, Mechagnomes

Horde -
    Undead, blood elf, goblin, Pandaren, Maghar, zandalari, vulpera

13 races being able to play a new class is way better than the outcome of a dark ranger class which would only really make sense to be 4-6 races.

The goblins could potentially share their kajamite cola with the other races which can give them brilliant ideas so they can wield and operate these new technologies.

Not sure what their resource would be. Possibly kaja’cola? Would be neat!

Whatever happens on Friday, I am excited to see the outcome of the announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandonwstrong View Post
    Possible Tinker Races -

Alliance -
    Pandaren

Horde -
    Pandaren,
    Huh. What's your reasoning behind this? I don't generally associate Pandarens with being tech savvy at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Huh. What's your reasoning behind this? I don't generally associate Pandarens with being tech savvy at all.
    Well, maybe not. But I think the others would work.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Betrayer View Post
    maybe, but now would be the best time, after mechagon and mechagnomes, too bad next expansion isn't gonna fit that theme

that's the biggest problem of the tinker, you can't really fit it into most expansions
    Classes don't need to fit the theme of the expansion.

If thinkers ever get to be a class... i will stop playing wow.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Even if this wasn't the case it would be relatively easy to write Tinkers into a death-themed expansion (should that indeed be the case). Do Titan-made constructs truly adhere to the life-death cycle, considering they can be rebuilt/recharged. A titan-mech foundation for a weapon dangerous to life would make sense and really wouldn't be hard to work in here, especially given all the other lore, ah, 'stretches' we've endured.

Quote Originally Posted by Hated Mechagnome Player View Post
    Even if this wasn't the case it would be relatively easy to write Tinkers into a death-themed expansion (should that indeed be the case). Do Titan-made constructs truly adhere to the life-death cycle, considering they can be rebuilt/recharged. A titan-mech foundation for a weapon dangerous to life would make sense and really wouldn't be hard to work in here, especially given all the other lore, ah, 'stretches' we've endured.
    For sure. Look at ulduar. So much technology.

Quote Originally Posted by NPI View Post
    Is simply not playing them not a option or do you have to do the extreme?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by NPI View Post
    A thinker would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Is simply not playing them not a option or do you have to do the extreme?
    You can't make them viable without breaking the Lore. Gnomes and Goblins are the most technologically advanced races and the Gnomes were nearly annihilated by Troggs, the weakest form of Quest NPCs and the Goblins were nearly wiped out by a single unit of the SI:7 if Thrall hadn't helped them.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    They don't need to but they have so far which shows a slight precendent.

A precendent Blizzard can break at any moment they desire mind, but still a slight precendent.

Personally I hope for Tinker but wouldn't be surprised at anything death related.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    You can't make them viable without breaking the Lore. Gnomes and Goblins are the most technologically advanced races and the Gnomes were nearly annihilated by Troggs, the weakest form of Quest NPCs and the Goblins were nearly wiped out by a single unit of the SI:7 if Thrall hadn't helped them.
    Okay? How does that make it impossible for Tinkers without breaking the lore as you say? That's also going off the assumption Tinkers must only be playable with Goblins or Gnomes, which isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Well, there actually is a way they can tie Tinkers into it.
    What does magic time traveling dragons and magic troll death god have to do with tinkers?

You know what else is between those two places? Sand!!! We are getting a Sandbending class confirmed!
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-10-30 at 07:18 PM.

Okay? How does that make it impossible for Tinkers without breaking the lore as you say? That's also going off the assumption Tinkers must only be playable with Goblins or Gnomes, which isn't true.
    Because tinkers and technology are weak as fuck in World of Warcraft. The most technologically advanced player races are at the same time also the weakest and most insignificant.

Because tinkers and technology are weak as fuck in World of Warcraft. The most technologically advanced player races are at the same time also the weakest and most insignificant.
    Are we playing the same game? Technology in WoW have been getting more and more advanced/powerful each expansion. Warlords had the Iron Horde. Legion had star ships. BfA introduces Azerite which have seen a big boost in both Alliance and Horde tech. And it's very easy to write it where Tinkers have re-purposed Burning Legion and Titan technology to fuel their mechs and abilities. That's far from lore breaking.

Also you're going off the assumption Tinkers must be Goblins or Gnomes. Stop. And even if they're physically weak that's the whole point of using technology, to make it an even playing field.

There really isn't any basis for this.

There are people who like technology in Warcraft, and it's a prominent part of the series directly tied to the RTS games. Steam tanks, Battleships, Submarines, Shredders and Gyrocopters are all significant parts of the Alliance and Horde. There really isn't any reason to dismiss technology as a whole.

People want Tinkers. There is demand for it. There's no reason to dismiss any class on the basis of weakness or significance. I mean we have non-magical classes that fight with poisoned daggers or bows and arrows being considered equal to Death Knights and Demon Hunters. Power in lore and power in gameplay are not comparable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    I do, it keeps my interest at least for half a year-year.
    Tell the man with the gun to your head to please leave you alone.

You're not forced into doing anything.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Tell the man with the gun to your head to please leave you alone.

You're not forced into doing anything.
    Plot twist - He's also the man with the gun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also you're going off the assumption Tinkers must be Goblins or Gnomes. Stop. And even if they're physically weak that's the whole point of using technology, to make it an even playing field.
    Yet we have Gnome Warriors, so they can't be all physically weak.

- - - Updated - - -

He forces himself.
    Well maybe he should grow a spine and stop choosing to do things he doesn't enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

Plot twist - He's also the man with the gun.
    My god, we must call Mulder and Scully!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.