I don't think so, if we did; someone would have posted something.

I think we'll get more information the closer to the release of the DLC.

They have officially begun work/hiring for the next kingdom hearts title. oh boi ere we go
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Expect a teaser promo for it the next big expo Square is attending, then a 5-6 year dev cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't expect the next title to be on the current consoles. See you guys in 10 years.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I don't expect the next title to be on the current consoles. See you guys in 10 years.
    thats a given tbh with ps5 and scarlet coming out next year and them just starting production
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

The next title will be out in a max of 4 years.

There is actually a chance it drops on PS4 (unlikely for XB1 seeing how it did piss poor on it, Like every single JRPG ever). Small chance its a PS4 Pro only title. Disney runs the show on the KH series, I fully expect a new one every 3-4 years until they are done with the series.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Considering it has a dev team only working on KH, and they're using UE4 instead of one of Square's convoluted in house engines not even close to 10 years. Probably 4 years to the date of when KH3 dropped, or even 2-3 if it's a smaller scale spinoff.

It will probably skip current gen but that really depends on how fast the PS4 is abandoned. If it has PS2 level legs the game will probably be cross gen, if it has PS3 level legs then probably not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Expect a teaser promo for it the next big expo Square is attending, then a 5-6 year dev cycle.
    KH3 basically took 4 years to make. All of the shit before that was mostly scrapped and rebooted on unreal 4. A main line game is probably 4 year dev cycle, smaller scale spinoff probably 2-3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    thats a given tbh with ps5 and scarlet coming out next year and them just starting production
    It's not a given because we don't know how long the PS4 will have legs for, nor do we know if it will be made with Switch in mind. People seem to forget the PS2 was outselling the PS3 for a good 2 years after the PS3 launch and got support from Japanese devs until like 2010. It's not guaranteed the PS4 will die off as fast as the PS3 did, especially with BC being a thing with PS5.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It will probably skip current gen but that really depends on how fast the PS4 is abandoned. If it has PS2 level legs the game will probably be cross gen, if it has PS3 level legs then probably not.
    Seeing how Sony has done said the PS4 will be around for at least 3 years after the release of the 5. I fully expect KH4 to be on the system with a super slim chance its PS4 Pro only.

But ya the next KH game drops 3-4 years from now and honestly I bank on it being 3 years. A lot of the leg work was using a new engine with new assists. Now they can reuse a lot of it and cut down on development time.

The one thing I expect to happen tho is that it won't release on the next Xbox since it sold piss poor on XB1.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering it has a dev team only working on KH, and they're using UE4 instead of one of Square's convoluted in house engines not even close to 10 years. Probably 4 years to the date of when KH3 dropped, or even 2-3 if it's a smaller scale spinoff.

The next one is going to be an EGS exclusive on PC

Going to include the /s

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The next one is going to be an EGS exclusive on PC

Going to include the /s
    Disney too scared of real life pirates stealing their game to even release KH games on PC LOL.

Or at least at this point, I have no idea why it's not. It's clearly not a square issue or an engine one.

Disney too scared of real life pirates stealing their game to even release KH games on PC LOL.

Or at least at this point, I have no idea why it's not. It's clearly not a square issue or an engine one.
    Maybe they don't want nude mods done to the game lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Maybe they don't want nude mods done to the game lol.
    I'm sure there are nude SFM models out there, next best thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    They have officially begun work/hiring for the next kingdom hearts title. oh boi ere we go
    Kingdom hearts 3 sucked so bad all hype for the series is more dead than the gameplay In kh3.

Fuck even thinking about the "oh yea we gotta do something important.... Nevermind Road tripppp!" story still gets me mad. Just complete garbage

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Kingdom hearts 3 sucked so bad all hype for the series is more dead than the gameplay In kh3.

Fuck even thinking about the "oh yea we gotta do something important.... Nevermind Road tripppp!" story still gets me mad. Just complete garbage
    your opinion seems to be in the minority. The general consensus ive seen online is "not as good as 2 but still pretty good" its got its haters like all the games in the series but the reception was pretty good overall and it sold more than all the other titles.

I loved kh3 and the gameplay was really fun for me

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    But.. That's basically Kingdom Hearts in a nutshell. Even in Kingdom Hearts 2, Sora was basically just hopping from world to world, even after the big event happened in Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden. I mean, some of the narrative changed, and some worlds had more of an Org XIII presence than others.

I guess it's because somehow Sora got turned in to a bit of a dunce between KH2 and KH3. My main issue with KHIII is not the World Tour stuff, it's the fact that all the important battles were near the end of the game. But regardless, I still think it was a good (enough) game that I am satisfied with it.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Sora got turned in to a bit of a dunce between KH2 and KH3.
    What.

Sora has literally been a moron since KH1. He is written like typical trope shonen main character which are all blithering idiots. I'm more so wondering where you ever thought Sora wasn't a dunce lmfao...

What.

Sora has literally been a moron since KH1. He is written like typical trope shonen main character which are all blithering idiots. I'm more so wondering where you ever thought Sora wasn't a dunce lmfao...
    I dunno, maybe it is my rose tinted goggles?

Sora wasn't always the brightest, but they definitely made him even dumber in DDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    Sora wasn't always the brightest, but they definitely made him even dumber in DDD.
    No, pretty sure you can't make him any dumber then in KH1. He already started as dumb as you can realistically make a MC. He has to ask every single question twice, double check every statement made by an NPC and harps around from world to world thinking he is moses and can cure everyone with the power of love.

If anything it shows just how stupid he is that he just remains this blithering idiot instead of becoming jaded after everything that happened. It is the shonen trope where the good guy sees good in all the bad guys and can't hate them for it. Literal trope and a blithering moron. It has never changed or been altered in anyway.

Sora is a dumb kid that never grows up, the difference is you people did grow up so you now realize it lmao.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-10-31 at 12:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked Kingdom Hearts 3 quite a bit. Like yeah the Disney worlds were pretty story irrelevant, but that's been the case in most of them so /shrug. They did a great job with the Disney worlds this time around and I really enjoyed them. Also the last like... 3 hours were absolutely incredible. The story was a bit nonsensical, but it's fucking Kingdom Hearts like.... how did you not go into this expecting that? Hell I feel like they did a better job this time around than in the past.

KH2FM is still king, but this is probably my second favorite one.