Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Maybe even more, there is 4th free panel. This will be interesting Blizzcon.

And I think OW2 will be just huge story mode connected to Overwatch.
    Yeah, I think the name Overwatch 2 is misleading.

I doubt they'll add a new game next to Overwatch that you have to buy separatedly and let the old one die. I imagine it's more like a 2.0 patch that adds the campaign(s?) and big changes to the match-making, levels and rewards, that kind of stuff. But otherwise it's the same base game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Yeah, I think the name Overwatch 2 is misleading.

I doubt they'll add a new game next to Overwatch that you have to buy separatedly and let the old one die. I imagine it's more like a 2.0 patch that adds the campaign(s?) and big changes to the match-making, levels and rewards, that kind of stuff. But otherwise it's the same base game.
    That's what I thought. Just like what they did with HotS 2.0.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    That's what I thought. Just like what they did with HotS 2.0.
    It may require a separate purchase for the campaign. I wouldn't complain if it's the size of a modern singleplayer shooter and the story is decent, the universe has potential.

The rest of the changes to the game will surely be free for those who already have it (or even F2P in general), and the lootboxes are likely to be removed and replaced by something else.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    It may require a separate purchase for the campaign. I wouldn't complain if it's the size of a modern singleplayer shooter and the story is decent, the universe has potential.

The rest of the changes to the game will surely be free for those who already have it (or even F2P in general), and the lootboxes are likely to be removed and replaced by something else.
    Oh, I don't think they will remove lootboxes. Why would they? I mean, when they released HotS 2.0, they actually copied the Overwatch monetization system, with lootboxes, sprays, emotes etc. So I guess this system works fine for them.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Oh, I don't think they will remove lootboxes. Why would they? I mean, when they released HotS 2.0, they actually copied the Overwatch monetization system, with lootboxes, sprays, emotes etc. So I guess this system works fine for them.
    Because some countries have started taking legal measures against those?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Because some countries have started taking legal measures against those?
    Then they will remove them, in those countries (or make adjustments, like showing drop chances). These things bring companies waaaay to much money to simply get rid of them.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2019-10-23 at 12:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then they will remove them, in those countries (or make adjustments, like showing drop chances). These things bring companies waaaay to much money to simply get rid of them.
    Off topic but...not if the law continues to catch up and push back. (Good job EA you idiots)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Off topic but...not if the law continues to catch up and push back. (Good job EA you idiots)
    Sure, if EVERY country bans them, they will move to the next best money making scheme.

Also:

"Items can have varying levels of Corruption, with the amount of Corruption present correlating directly with the power of the beneficial upside (for example: an item might give 4% Critical Strike damage and 10 Corruption, or 6% Critical Strike damage and 15 Corruption)."

So both things are tied together.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2019-10-24 at 07:42 AM.

I very much enjoy the logo! It's very aesthetic

This thread has gotten more or less buried by "leak" threads and Blizzcon hype.

So when do you guys think 8.3 will hit live? I have noticed that the anniversary event is not in the calender yet on live, so I guess it will have to be out before the 16. of November then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurmech View Post

So when do you guys think 8.3 will hit live? I have noticed that the anniversary event is not in the calender yet on live, so I guess it will have to be out before the 16. of November then?
    The stuff for the anniversary event has been in the game since 8.2.5

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    The stuff for the anniversary event has been in the game since 8.2.5
    Ye, but it not on the calendar, is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

This thread has gotten more or less buried by "leak" threads
    Leaks should be a post and maybe 10 replies each either in this thread or the 9.0 one, but noooo, people create new 11 new threads for each, and other people kneejerk-react (to the first post, ignoring over 20 pages already) over how stupid they are and while they're obviously fake, they also show how bad Blizzard is because some perceived cashgrab/shallow storyline as described by a single line.

I can't say I wouldn't love it if they dropped the mic at Blizzcon by going "Oh and btw, 8.3 is live now/on Tuesday", but I'll reserve that hope lest I be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I can't say I wouldn't love it if they dropped the mic at Blizzcon by going "Oh and btw, 8.3 is live now/on Tuesday", but I'll reserve that hope lest I be disappointed.
    I doubt it, they still have some work on Corruption to do.

This thread will pick up again with the next PTR update. And when we start talking about 8.3.5 after Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by TaliaKirana View Post
    This thread will pick up again with the next PTR update. And when we start talking about 8.3.5 after Blizzcon.
    Yeah, the leak threads are grabbing people's attention at this point, even though they all follow the exact same pattern ad nauseam.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If Sylvanas is going to be the Warcraft represenative at Blizzcon I guess she'll be leading us somewhere maybe not literally but we track her down I'm guessing. Or a threat will come up and Sylvanas by coincidence happens to be have a vested interest in this threat(Weather she is allies with the threat who knows). This wait is so hard
    We don't know much about 9.0 but based on the leaked collector's edition goodies, we know the three Main figures for 9.0 are Sylvanas, Tyrande & Bolvar.

What's fun is all three of them have the potential to be villains at this point. They know the most successful expansions have villains who are omnipresent & looming over the events the entire time, but as unsubtly in BFA, they don't want to say who the actual final boss is until we get to the end. The Unbound Scourge sounds like Sylvanas is freeing undead from Bolvar's control. That's bad for the non-sentient undead, but do good, sapient undead deserve to be enslaved by the lich king? And we wouldn't have been allowed to be a Sylvanas Loyalist if we're supposed to kill her. That would be sour for those players. Some people love Sylvanas & a lot more people LOVE to HATE Sylvanas, so I don't see her being killed off at any point. It's not like Arthas or Gul'dan where the universal emotion toward them was hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    We don't know much about 9.0 but based on the leaked collector's edition goodies, we know the three Main figures for 9.0 are Sylvanas, Tyrande & Bolvar.

What's fun is all three of them have the potential to be villains at this point. They know the most successful expansions have villains who are omnipresent & looming over the events the entire time, but as unsubtly in BFA, they don't want to say who the actual final boss is until we get to the end. The Unbound Scourge sounds like Sylvanas is freeing undead from Bolvar's control. That's bad for the non-sentient undead, but do good, sapient undead deserve to be enslaved by the lich king? And we wouldn't have been allowed to be a Sylvanas Loyalist if we're supposed to kill her. That would be sour for those players. Some people love Sylvanas & a lot more people LOVE to HATE Sylvanas, so I don't see her being killed off at any point. It's not like Arthas or Gul'dan where the universal emotion toward them was hate.
    Wait a minute is the CE leak real? What did it mentioned?
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Riiiise up BFA Speculation Thread for your final service to this forum!
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)