Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Any grind that includes PVP, since I don't enjoy pvp. I think there's even some mount for 500 honor lvl - probably never getting that, unless I somehow get some kind of epiphany and fall in love with pvp suddenly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG. New Mechagon achievements need you to have 1) the correct daily to be up 2) the correct rare to spawn 3) the correct item to drop. I mean come the fuck on, really?

As a rule of thumb, if a meta achievement takes months to complete it's fucking bonkers.
    oh gee an achievment made to last the duration of the patch is too much, oh gee

reputations on alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Farming reputation just to be able to buy a mount for ~400k-500k ( 2 wow tokens in EU ) is unacceptable for me ... gold sink mounts should not be reputation rewards.
    I have more than goldcap - but i will never buy these mounts.

I `m fine with longboy and the spider mount though.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    It goes beyond saying that the whole thing is completely personal.

For me, the worse ''mounts type'' are…

1)Huolon (I simply can't stand still doing nothing camping a mount)
    2)Paragon (Oh god. Nightfallen, Valajar and Farondis still need to drop)
    Eh, Time-Lost proto and Aeonaxx are worse than Huolon. I haven't bothered with Huo because the previous 2 just dried up my camping boner for at least another 10 years.

Time gated grinds and ones that never end i should be able to just sit down smash threw whatever i want to grind and be " done " with it

Another vote for paragon chests. Whoever came up with the idea of combining these low drop rate RNG items with a 10k rep grind post-exalted deserves some nasty karma.

Anything that compounds multiple layers of RNG is also bad (a lot of the Mechagon things, or Island Expeditions - though they're trying to "fix" Island Expeditions with yet another RNG loot box solution, which may end up doing its job, but it all depends on the drop rates). Another example of layered RNG is Soundless, where the spawn timer and spawn location are RNG, combined with the severely low drop rate RNG of the mount drop itself (less than 1%, I think).

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Any grind I have to do to be raid ready (meaning anything that awards player power I could use in raid besides getting gear from the raid itself).
    Any "perma-grind" mechanic that awards time played instead of skillful achievement.

If I had my way, everything would be like mage tower challenge and nothing would be like pathfinder or AP.

If you're skilled, you cut the time required to get rewards down to near-zero.
    If you suck, you quite literally never progress your character's power until you progress your OWN power.
    I think lot of you play wrong game. Becouse mmorpg games are and always will be grindy and such games are not compettive games where skill should be only thing that matter. Time played and being patient is just difficult task as any mechanicly challening stuff in the game. It is just different type of challenge but is absolutly valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    AP grind is there to offset alredy way too fast gearing. Just like rng aspects. Without them you would have nothing to do in 2-3 weeks. Since grtting gear ready for most casual content takes few days they have to increase time played somehow.
    A bandaid that doesn’t fix the problem and only adds more.

10+ Year Old Account
    World quests and Artifact Power.I hate them, refuse to do them.
    The man in the mirror is watching. Study hard and work harder! Always be civil and care about others!

AP and paragon boxes.

Opened ~11-12 Nazjatar boxes... that means I need to farm 120.000 reputation and still don't get a mount? FU BLIZZARD!

Won't even comment Legion paragon boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    A bandaid that doesn’t fix the problem and only adds more.
    True. But i can alredy see all those entilted casuals marching foward and screaming if Blizzard would cut down difficulty levels, remove mythic+ or give it lock out, reduce amounth of gear drops, etc.. Game would have to become less acessible in order to have ap grinds to increase time played and thats something what most players wont accept so Blizz have to create this kind of systems.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, it is the power grind. Azerite power, or the previous Legion weapon upgrade. The rest is nothing.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I like the way things are in BfA - in that there aren't any required grinds.

I'm ok with having the options to grind as we do - but knowing that you can get things without a grind is better.

Hate the Classic style - where grind was a required part of the game.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Artifact Power. Without a doubt.

It is a fucking cancer system

Also essences being gated behind a dreadful follower system

Any of them that are stupidly rare with absolutely no bad luck protection whatsoever.

You'd think I'd be grinding the bee then, but I just can't think of a character I have that I'd bee like "wowzers, this guy looks so cool on a giant bee!" Don't hate the grind, but it doesn't appeal to me at the moment.

I think AP is fine because I know how math works and don't try to grind it to as high as possible the first day like some kind of crazy person. The sheer amount of catchup on it though does make it kind of feel like you're not getting anywhere, but that's an issue with gear as well right now. Still hoping the 8.3 stuff they promised as being "mage tower like" provides a solo challenge worth pushing myself for.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-10-31 at 12:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

paragon. oh my god it was the fucking worse. I rather farm a Mop 1000 Times then WQ based farming for a Fucking random chance of the mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I feel like this has to be sarcasm otherwise it's the most idiotic thing I've seen said about BFA this week.
    I don't grind anything and I'm exalted with all factions and have a 67 neck.

You clearly don't play but you wanna be loud and wrong.

There is literally no possible way to be exalted with any of the factions and not have done it with grinding. You have to do hundreds of world quests to get exalted with them just one of them, or dozens if you solely do emissaries.

- - - Updated - - -

I am literally playing as we speak.
    BFA has been out for over a fucking year. Do you think you get 1 rep per wq or something?

So you did hundreds of world quests, repeating each of them multiple times, and you don't consider that to be grinding?
    Oh so actually playing the game is "grinding" to you, gotcha.