Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    New classes are fun.

Do you hate fun?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I'm not a fan of the dumbo's who foam at the mouth over a new class, especially if they don't even have every class at max level. They can't even rationalize why they want a new class other than the whole "new" concept. Like what OP said, we already have 12 classes and it would be better to polish/refine them than to create a new class just because someone demands so. "Why not both?" Simply because blizzard has shown to make new classes superior by giving them the latest ideas/abilities and leaving leftovers for the current classes. How many other classes can double jump? Which classes had anything close to eyebeam? These are all concepts that could apply to the current classes, so I'm heavily in favor of them abandoning the addition of new classes.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by The Betrayer View Post
    New classes are fun.

Do you hate fun?
    You know what else is fun? Broken and imbalanced classes. Fix them first

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    1. The classes will never be completely balanced, if that was possible it would have happened by now.
    2. Classes are more balanced than they have ever been, there is no class that is broken
    3. The classes don't need to be completely balanced, and sometimes the most unbalanced things are the most fun

New classes won't fix retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Neither we'll removing one the problem is after 14 years and change they still don't understand there own game.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Salvager23 View Post
    Shadow and Void are the same thing though, and we already have Shadow classes so I don't see what your point is.
    Lore shadow =/= game shadow. The only class here with void abilities is the priest's shadow spec. Period.

Warlocks aren't void classes, demon hunters aren't void classes, death knight aren't void classes.

- - - Updated - - -

Affliction is shadow magic

I know what you're trying to say, but you're wrong

Affliction description:
    You're quoting from the official website that describes how a class plays from a gameplay perspective... and you're trying to infer lore from it?

I'm not wrong. Warlocks are described in the lore as fel-users. The reason their spells are shadow is because the game lumps fel, void and necromancy into the same magic category, just like they lump earth, wind and lightning into the same magic category.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex91213 View Post
    12 Classes isn't enough for you?
    No, it isn't. What I don't understand are people like you who constantly whine about others wanting more content for their $15 subscription. Seriously, it's a multibillion dollar company....they have no excuse for not adding tons of new content every new expansion. Stop acting like we owe blizzard anything, they are not our friends. They make a product and if the product is sub-par there is no reason to continue supporting it out of some insane brand fealty. Filler expansions like BfA and WoD are unacceptable for a payed subscription based game. I don't think it is at all unreasonable to add a new class every expansion. Especially with all the new allied races being added every other patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Very true, but seeing as Blizzard will never tackle the big elephant in the room which is all the busy work they have been piling on the game for years since Mists. Then a new class will at least be incentive enough for some people to resub just to play that class and then quit once they hit max level and the endless RNG/Azerite grind beings. If they go up on stage and announce that the new expansion will not have a new class but it will have massive changes to all the old classes and remove all the Thunder/War/Corrupted forge shit and azerite grinds. I will be very happy. Even more than if a new shiny class is announced. If they announce that the new expansion wont have a new class and they double down on the garbage systems from BfA then I'm forever staying unsubbed.
    Last edited by Fullmetal89; 2019-10-30 at 11:03 PM.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Having more choices is almost never a bad thing.

It all depends on if they can keep it all balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Lore shadow =/= game shadow. The only class here with void abilities is the priest's shadow spec. Period.

Warlocks aren't void classes, demon hunters aren't void classes, death knight aren't void classes.

- - - Updated - - -

You're quoting from the official website that describes how a class plays from a gameplay perspective... and you're trying to infer lore from it?

I'm not wrong. Warlocks are described in the lore as fel-users. The reason their spells are shadow is because the game lumps fel, void and necromancy into the same magic category, just like they lump earth, wind and lightning into the same magic category.
    i agree with your point, but warlocks fill the role of the blue mage who's spells come from their opponents library rather then are sourced from their own faction's magical libraries.
    warlocks had, not have, spells that were directly taken from the legion, the scourge, and the faceless, they've since been pushed into either the fel legion demon inspired spells or affliction being void related.
    all their necromancy sourced spells have been changed to fit in-line with this, if not out-right removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    i agree with your point, but warlocks fill the role of the blue mage who's spells come from their opponents library rather then are sourced from their own faction's magical libraries.
    warlocks had, not have, spells that were directly taken from the legion, the scourge, and the faceless, they've since been pushed into either the fel legion demon inspired spells or affliction being void related.
    all their necromancy sourced spells have been changed to fit in-line with this, if not out-right removed.
    Which reinforces my point. The warlock is about the fel, and the class has been slowly altered to fit its theme. Just like the priest's shadow spec wasn't originally about the void, but became 'about the void' as the years passed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Betrayer View Post
    1. The classes will never be completely balanced, if that was possible it would have happened by now.
    2. Classes are more balanced than they have ever been, there is no class that is broken
    3. The classes don't need to be completely balanced, and sometimes the most unbalanced things are the most fun
    Lol that must be why you see so many enhancement shaman, ww monks, arcane and frost mages, feral druids, arms warriors, demo locks, survival hunters and sub rogues in raids these days

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Being a user of fel magic doesn't imply that they draw their powers exclusively from fel energies. They don't. It's like saying that a mage draws their powers exclusively from the arcane.

Warlocks draw upon multiple energies for their spells. Primarily Shadow and Fire but also fel (chaos)

This is probably the most stupid part of people here argumenting: it's about that it seems that you can't fix classes while creating a new one, and that's very very stupid. BfA didn't add new classes, but the imbalance stayed. So sorry, but i rather have a new class, a new way to experience WoW, this is far more important in an RPG than anything else, even more than crappy class balance.

The Class is the mirror to the world of warcraft. If the mirror is broken, all is broken. And new classes are simply the best thing of an expansion.

People like new shit. And most people hate it when their class changes so.......

Lol that must be why you see so many enhancement shaman, ww monks, arcane and frost mages, feral druids, arms warriors, demo locks, survival hunters and sub rogues in raids these days
    Those are specs not classes. It has always been the case that some specs don't do as good as others, and it will always be like that, because it is impossible for all to be equally good. Of course people who do raids on a high difficulty will tell their people to take whatever spec performs the best, even if the difference is 1% in dps.

Being a user of fel magic doesn't imply that they draw their powers exclusively from fel energies. They don't. It's like saying that a mage draws their powers exclusively from the arcane.
    Actually, they do:
    "Pure arcane appears white and/or violet. However, when used to bend other types of magic, it takes on the characteristics and appearance of those magics. Examples of this can be seen with element-based abilities used by mages,"

Warlocks draw upon multiple energies for their spells. Primarily Shadow and Fire but also fel (chaos)
    The reason they deal shadow damage is because the game lumps together void, fel and necromancy into the same "type", just like it does with earth, wind and lightning into the same "type".

Nope 12 classes isn't enough for me.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't want new classes because I've mastered all the current classes. I want new classes (or specs) because new things are fun to try. Also, I don't play the classes and specs that I don't enjoy which happens to be a lot currently.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Lich = DK
    Dark Ranger = Hunter
    Necromancer = Warlock

Tinkers are the last unique class to be added, after they add Tinkers they'll probably just start adding the class skins..

Quote Originally Posted by Alex91213 View Post
    At this point in time, World of Warcraft has 12 lore-derived classes. Whether there are arbitrary lines drawn for the sake of an MMO experience is neither here nor there, we have 12.

I do not understand the fixation with:

Tinker
    Lich
    Spellbreaker
    Necromancer
    Dark Ranger (This is the worst one)

12 Classes isn't enough for you? I don't see how? Most of the people whining for these new additions probably can't even hope to be remotely competent on half the ones we currently have...

Give it a rest, WoW has plenty of classes, it has 36 specializations, each with different fantasies (and although class design isn't at its best right now) and essences, talents, and azerite traits to manage.

This post isn't a defense for why WoW classes are the best they've ever been--it's the fact that they aren't the best they've ever been--that we should abandon the compulsion to beg for new classes when the ones we have don't call out to us, as much as they used to.

And seriously a Dark Ranger? I would rather they added different spell animations/improve class fantasy/other incentives, than the devs adding forum-mongrel classes to the game that is already suffering from poor class design/fantasy.

I feel an overwhelming amount of cringe when I see people post about this garbage.
    let people enjoy the game with a new class fantasy, i loved legion and wotlk because that, fresh, new, all fantasy class.

Also, they can do both things, do a new class and tune the others, i dont see problem.