Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Augusta138 View Post
    Insiders at Blizzard risking their job and career in the gaming industry to supply a leak to a youtuber?

Pretty sure no company would hire you ever if you leak information like an xpac or something similar.

Why do people keep posting as this is actually a thing?
    Some people are above reproach. Some just don't get caught.

Why do people keep posting as this isn't actually a thing?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    Some people are above reproach. Some just don't get caught.

Why do people keep posting as this isn't actually a thing?
    Because any leak, true or false my have a huge impact on the subscribers and the income revenue of Blizzard.

People might already unsub now because they dont like the leaked information, others might come back sure.
    But leaking information yourself (Blizzard) which might harm your own revenue in anyway is just a retarded thing to do.

Maybe the dude in question wont get caught, (or girl) fine for him / her.
    And reproach? after harming a company's main goal (generating revenue) there is no such thing.

But i said it before and i will say it again, i really doubt if there is ANYONE except key figures in within the company that knows exactly what is going on for 9.0.
    They might fragment writers and developers in teams to work on certain ''parts'' of the game.

So the developers are working on maybe stuff that is the 9.1 patch or the 9.2 patch, but in reality it is part of the 9.0 release.
    We dont know how it all goes and works around the place.

But i simply dont believe that everyone involved with 9.0 and the new expansion knows 100% what is going to happen.
    That means a couple of hundred people that are a potential hazard for your company for X years because its a long project from start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Augusta138 View Post
    Because any leak, true or false my have a huge impact on the subscribers and the income revenue of Blizzard.

People might already unsub now because they dont like the leaked information, others might come back sure.
    But leaking information yourself (Blizzard) which might harm your own revenue in anyway is just a retarded thing to do.

Maybe the dude in question wont get caught, (or girl) fine for him / her.
    And reproach? after harming a company's main goal (generating revenue) there is no such thing.

But i said it before and i will say it again, i really doubt if there is ANYONE except key figures in within the company that knows exactly what is going on for 9.0.
    They might fragment writers and developers in teams to work on certain ''parts'' of the game.

So the developers are working on maybe stuff that is the 9.1 patch or the 9.2 patch, but in reality it is part of the 9.0 release.
    We dont know how it all goes and works around the place.

But i simply dont believe that everyone involved with 9.0 and the new expansion knows 100% what is going to happen.
    That means a couple of hundred people that are a potential hazard for your company for X years because its a long project from start to finish.
    And yet they happen anyway.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    And yet they happen anyway.
    Yes, we still have leaks. (that was never the point in the first place)

It was about the fact how leaks could come through streamers / youtubers or any other media related person, because their sources from Blizzard are just a few people.
    They might end up becoming friends with designers or developers but in the end they will most likely just have a good relationship with Darren or Michelle from the PR department of Blizzard.

And meeting with youtubers like they did today or yesterday is most likely a briefing to them about certain things they dont wanna see happen during Blizzcon.
    A: to prevent Hong Kong shit
    B: to prevent said media person will get a lot of attention with maybe a meet and greet, while someone on stage is talking about the latest additions to the Darkmoon Faire or Diablo Immortal
    C: to tell them, dont worry: you will get a nice USB flashdrive with nice footage from this weekend to make some cool youtube videos
    Last edited by Augusta138; 2019-10-30 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Ny'alotha being featured in 8.3 instead of 9.0 the only thing that was contradicted?

Like I said, that's not necessarily any different from other changes they made in the development of other expansions. Garrosh being exiled and remaking Draenor in 5.5 versus straight up time travel in 6.0. Or Thas'dorah being scrapped and Blizzard doing Argus instead for 7.3.

Again, that map and the accompanying leak was framed as being an early pitch for the expansion, nothing finalized.

I'm not saying it's real, but I also wouldn't be shocked if it turns out to be an early pitch like it was already claimed to be.
    1. Ny'alotha being present there makes it very unlikely, unless we go to the Shadowlands from Ny'alotha, but would we really enter the Shadowlands from a previous expansion raid?
    2. The same person that said that this is an early pitch from 1-2 years ago also said that 8.3 will be Sylvanas raiding Stormwind and everyone dying at the end, which will be our transition into the Shadowlands
    3. The logo is completely different than the one leaked recently that seems to be legit and there is no mention of Kyrians

There could be more, but as of right now I'm looking through all the info and determining which was the original "leak", and which was the one that came later that added information.

I don't know, maybe it's true. I also thought the Bolvar image was fake cause it had blue eyes.

- - - Updated - - -

On second thought, no. The other picture has a completely different logo, with a completely different color, and it mentions the Kyrians and Bastion. Both aren't even mentioned in this old map. I'll go with the new image.

One of the main reasons i don't watch them or others like them is cause they are always wrong. Just cause your a semi big youtuber does not mean you are right about everything. I find it mind blowing that people follow to the T of what they say without question. I for one would never tell my subs this is what is going to happen or this is what you get. Without proof its deceiving your subs and plain out lies. But people will support who they want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    The fact that Shadowlands and Bolvar weren't mentioned and they said they didn't want to ruin the dev/artists surprise presentation pretty much removed any remaining doubt about the authenticity of the leaks. (If you even still were questioning it)
    Yeah really. I'll be shocked if they don't announce it at this rate. Everything is pointing to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Yeah really. I'll be shocked if they don't announce it at this rate. Everything is pointing to it.
    It would be nice for blizz to not announce it, leaving it a surprise. *but discord secret finding would eventually dig up datamined info, should there be any* thus ruining the surprise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by komlit View Post
    One of the main reasons i don't watch them or others like them is cause they are always wrong. Just cause your a semi big youtuber does not mean you are right about everything. I find it mind blowing that people follow to the T of what they say without question. I for one would never tell my subs this is what is going to happen or this is what you get. Without proof its deceiving your subs and plain out lies. But people will support who they want to.
    If they are always wrong, then why does wowhead post their T&E news videos?
    One would think, if a wowtuber vid's were always wrong, people would be reluctant to watch them..let alone get posted on wowhead.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    It would be nice for blizz to not announce it, leaving it a surprise. *but discord secret finding would eventually dig up datamined info, should there be any* thus ruining the surprise.

- - - Updated - - -

If they are always wrong, then why does wowhead post their T&E news videos?
    One would think, if a wowtuber vid's were always wrong, people would be reluctant to watch them..let alone get posted on wowhead.
    Wowhead is not always right themselves and tbh they get their stuff from other sources to. Also your 2nd statement is so inaccurate people will watch and follow due to them being popular. Society has shown us that. I stand by what i said they are wrong alot

Wowhead is not always right themselves and tbh they get their stuff from other sources to. Also your 2nd statement is so inaccurate people will watch and follow due to them being popular. Society has shown us that. I stand by what i said they are wrong alot
    So we watch wowtubers, even though they are wrong sometimes, should be merely speculation and not fact. That way, the stuff that they post isn't wrong, it's just based off opinion and pure speculation based on bits that were thrown at us or dug up via datamining. I'm aware on how popular they are, even though some may say negative things about them and don't care to watch their stuff. I find their vids amusing and take them solely with a grain of salt, that way i'm not disappointed.
    I honestly dont believe anything i see or hear about what is getting put into game until it actualy GETS put into the game.

So we watch wowtubers, even though they are wrong sometimes, should be merely speculation and not fact. That way, the stuff that they post isn't wrong, it's just based off opinion and pure speculation based on bits that were thrown at us or dug up via datamining. I'm aware on how popular they are, even though some may say negative things about them and don't care to watch their stuff. I find their vids amusing and take them solely with a grain of salt, that way i'm not disappointed.
    I honestly dont believe anything i see or hear about what is getting put into game until it actualy GETS put into the game.
    Fair point every one is free to do and watch whatever.

Fair point every one is free to do and watch whatever.
    Pretty much.
    We all play the same game, have different views...etc If we hate it or dislike the current state, we take a break until some new patch or expac comes along that gets back into the game. I don't get how some ppl rage on the game and bring that rage/toxicity to the forums..but they are free to say whatever they want and we just tune them out if we don't like it. I generally play the game to relax, I do rage slightly about drops now and then..but that's rng. :P

Pretty much.
    We all play the same game, have different views...etc If we hate it or dislike the current state, we take a break until some new patch or expac comes along that gets back into the game. I don't get how some ppl rage on the game and bring that rage/toxicity to the forums..but they are free to say whatever they want and we just tune them out if we don't like it. I generally play the game to relax, I do rage slightly about drops now and then..but that's rng. :P
    Agreed and tbh if the game does good we all have fun. If it does bad speak bac with your time and money. No need to go rage 2.0 but they thats the internet for you

Agreed and tbh if the game does good we all have fun. If it does bad speak bac with your time and money. No need to go rage 2.0 but they thats the internet for you
    Yeap. Raging on forums about how this and that system sucks or posting twitch/youtube vids won't harm blizz in the slightest. Completely agree on the money thing. It's always the negative stuff that attracts people, not the ones that enjoy the game.
    If i see something about the game that makes me rage, i unplug and go out for the day or play a different game. Problem solved!

So, I gotta ask, has any leak ever been true about an expansion? Either I don't follow them all that much or I have never seen one that is 100% right on the money for any expansion, let alone a correct name. No idea why this one would be different.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by The Betrayer View Post
    Some are cool, some are annoying. Preach is alright, Bellular I can watch, even if he's sometimes a bit cringy. Back in the day I used to love watching the Weekly Marmot by Josh Allen. He's probably the one I watched the most. Also the Convert to Raid podcast when Koltrane was still there. And even Olivia Grace. She was a cute chubby. And Gary on Gamebreaker before they went away.

Asmongold to be honest, is a bit disgusting. Az uses every opportunity to shit on Blizzard just to get views. And this Taliesin dude comes across as really fake, with his forced smile and the way he talks. Just really uncharismatic. You can immediately tell when someone is genuine and this guy is fake.
    Actually, I mostly agree with you, but I think Preach definitely gets way more hate then he deserves. Asmon, I can see why people don't like him, but I do find his streams entertaining. The rest of the youtubers, I agree with you 100%.

Whose to say this map didn't just leak, someone found it and made a bunch of fake BS leaks for clout and attention?

5+ Year Old Account
    *insert random ramblings and name-calling to the youtubers without ever having watched the video in question *

Am I doing it fine, MMOC?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.