Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    No, it is subjectively worse. I find about half the specs more enjoyable now than in the past, and half of the specs more enjoyable in the past than now. It's a matter of opinion.
    i dont care that you find some pruned bullshit fine, some people enjoy eating actual shit, so what?

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    they never had a CD and were fine.. why should they have a CD? it's mindset like that is what led to class design being a dumpster fire

no, other classes are not fine, not a single class is FINE when it comes to design in current game
    Okay, let all the other classes have no cd cc, then.

- - - Updated - - -

i dont care that you find some pruned bullshit fine, some people enjoy eating actual shit, so what?
    pot non-ironically meets kettle

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    Okay, let all the other classes have no cd cc, then.

- - - Updated - - -

pot non-ironically meets kettle
    some things were meant to have cd and some were not.. it worked over the years fine, balance can easily be done with numbers

if anything some instant CC should be toned down.. CC you're talking about is casted

also in what way im hypocritical? lmao

But people ask for all of that and more. Why instead of?

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    But people ask for all of that and more. Why instead of?
    it's not about asking instead, it's about asking more for new class than asking for existing classes to be fixed

i want new classes, but i want them to be made properly and i want existing classes to be better

i also dont want new class be made at expense of other classes.. i don't want other classes to be butchered for new class to get abilities some old class used to have

some things were meant to have cd and some were not.. it worked over the years fine, balance can easily be done with numbers

if anything some instant CC should be toned down.. CC you're talking about is casted

also in what way im hypocritical? lmao
    let's see, mages, are a class that can instantly teleport, let's call it "blink" 20 yards away from people. You can't traverse 20 seconds in a 1.5 second cast unless you shadowstep or fel rush. Great. now you're on the mage. you manage to successfully interrupt the cast. What does the mage do? Casts it again. Grats you're a sheep.

The mage then casts it again before your 8 seconds is over

The mage then casts it again

and no, it hasn't "worked fine" it's just something you accept is horseshit and keep it pushing. Balanced? Never. Tolerable? Debatable.

Same thing with fear, except you take damage while you can't control your character. And it puts you out of line of sight of all of your allies.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    let's see, mages, are a class that can instantly teleport, let's call it "blink" 20 yards away from people. You can't traverse 20 seconds in a 1.5 second cast unless you shadowstep or fel rush. Great. now you're on the mage. you manage to successfully interrupt the cast. What does the mage do? Casts it again. Grats you're a sheep.

The mage then casts it again before your 8 seconds is over

The mage then casts it again

and no, it hasn't "worked fine" it's just something you accept is horseshit and keep it pushing. Balanced? Never. Tolerable? Debatable.

Same thing with fear, except you take damage while you can't control your character. And it puts you out of line of sight of all of your allies.
    i mean i think its pointless to argue with someone who thinks that poly is insanely OP and thinks it should have a CD

also there is a magnitude of things that can be done to prevent it(or at least we used to have a magnitude of things).. but let's not talk about that.. and it has worked fine in some of the previous expansions.. unless ofc you gonna tell me how RMP was always broken lmao

funnily enough there were seasons in which these classes weren't as OP, yet still had all their abilities.. funny how that worked

have a nice day
    Last edited by Craaazyyy; 2019-10-31 at 02:58 AM.

i mean i think its pointless to argue with someone who thinks that poly is insanely OP and thinks it should have a CD

also there is a magnitude of things that can be done to prevent it(or at least we used to have a magnitude of things).. but let's not talk about that.. and it has worked fine in some of the previous expansions.. unless ofc you gonna tell me how RMP was always broken lmao

funnily enough there were seasons in which these classes weren't as OP, yet still had all their abilities.. funny how that worked

have a nice day
    Point out a season where lock teams or mage teams weren't top comps lmao, like I beg you.

"some people." Hey, guess what. You literally defined subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Ask for better class balance and funner class mechanics.

Every time Blizzard adds a new class, all of the other classes get shat on and have to be redesigned to keep up with the new class' mechanics. Or worse, become unviable. Take DHs for example. Before DHs, some classes (namely monks) had crazy mobility but it was not anywhere near as outrageous as what DHs can do. Thanks to DHs, many more classes can zoom around the map now like it's some mock parody of a Japanese ARPG. And in case of BGs, every other tank class has become unviable because they don't have the insane utility and mobility of DHs.

Or take DKs for example. Remember how they completely ruined clever positioning in BGs because they could just grip people from 30 yards away? Blizzard followed up by giving all classes crazy grips and/or knockbacks.

The takeaway is that if they use a new class as the main draw of an expansion, they have to make it distinct and overpowered enough to make people want to play it. And they do that by giving it new, idiotically overpowered mechanics. If they introduce tinkers or dark rangers, I can guarantee you that they will be the bane of PvP and most likely the bane of PvE as well (at least until they get brought in line with other classes in 2 years).

Ask for improvements for existing classes instead. Ask for an expansion in which all classes are viable for all types of content. Ask for an expansion in which frustrating class mechanics don't make you want to bash your head against a wall. A shiny new OP class won't make you any happier in the log run.
    And what about those of us who no longer find any of the current in-game classes/specs thematically interesting enough to play as a main?

I'm sick of the same classes, and the last 3 classes have all been melee dps/tanks or healers. Not a single new ranged dps spec in 15 years.

I've been these classes to death, and we should have gotten a new class in this expansion.

No amount of "fixing" of current classes is going to make them suddenly more interesting or thematically different than what they've always been.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is kind of a moot point by now. There are other threads discussing class balance now that it appears as if there won't be any new classes in Shadowlands.

Feel free to continue there.

Closing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."