Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Diablo 4 information leak

There is a post on reddit about D4 from a guy who has legit leaks about other games in his reddit history.

"Hey there you arrogant nephalems! My servants...

Whatever, I got some news about Diablo 4 for you all and I think you will like it despite what's been recently happening... If you don't want - don't believe me, especially since I can't provide any sources for this... My "history" could convince you but eh - I won't force anyone!

Diablo 4 is actually going to look dark, gritty and gross - no more rainbow shiny bullshit this time! Loactions are toned down, infrequently laid with corpses, wasteland, greyish deserts, clut caves surrounded by flesh, rotten crypts, marshes and bogs, plagued cities you name it. They are also seemingly much bigger, maybe even open? Characters now are able to ride horses (possibly other mounts), also there's contextual interaction with environment ? - climbing a wall Lost Ark style. Blood splatters look more like blood and not splashed jam too.

So far i can confirm 3 classes: mage (uses fire, ice and lightning so far), barbarian (swords, clubs, axes, kicks etc), and druid (lightning, wind, and transforming into beasts - so far bear and werewolf!).

Possibly there will be PvP from the start?. 4 player coop is there for sure.

All this game seems to be is a W I N K to the Diablo 2 fans, Lilith being the new diablo (she's covered in blood veil kinda), characters being shown sitting at a campfire as character selection, nitty gritty dark style that 2 was praised for, some skills also seem to be just taken from it and put in here (like sorceress' charged bolt). I'm interested and hope they don't fuck this up. The company is bad, but the game might not be this time.

2 points with "?" are just because it's not clear to me tbh... let's see what they say at the conference

no date yet too.. sorry.. If any questions I will answer later

Brushie out!"

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comm..._leak_spoiler/

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Dude, if they can nail Diablo 4 and be as good as the Path of Exiles team, then I have high hopes for the game.
    Especially if they even have proper PVP in the game

Stood in the Fire n7stormreaver's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.reddit.com/user/PracticalBrush12/submitted/

Brush's post history - notice word for word leaks of other games.
    Space magic.

7+ Year Old Account
    If this is legit then wow that sounds good

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Dude, if they can nail Diablo 4 and be as good as the Path of Exiles team, then I have high hopes for the game.
    Especially if they even have proper PVP in the game
    In terms of what? I like the class flexibility and the flavors of the seasons but that's about it. That skill tree is garbage, it looks awful, and it is clunky as fuck. Not to mention boring as fuck to get to the end game where everyone tells me it gets good. Last time I tried on the Delve season, I finished what I thought was the slog, inky to end back on the original beach and have to go through all that shit once more before getting to the end.

Say what you will about D3, at least you can get to endgame rather quickly and it is butterly smooth. I do hope that take some pointers from PoE and the like though.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    In terms of what? I like the class flexibility and the flavors of the seasons but that's about it. That skill tree is garbage, it looks awful, and it is clunky as fuck. Not to mention boring as fuck to get to the end game where everyone tells me it gets good. Last time I tried on the Delve season, I finished what I thought was the slog, inky to end back on the original beach and have to go through all that shit once more before getting to the end.

Say what you will about D3, at least you can get to endgame rather quickly and it is butterly smooth. I do hope that take some pointers from PoE and the like though.
    The regular updates and the player to developer community is more what I had in mind

The regular updates and the player to developer community is more what I had in mind
    If we expect regular updates then we also have to be ok if they add some monetization (MTX) to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilek01 View Post
    Diablo 4 is actually going to look dark, gritty and gross - no more rainbow shiny bullshit this time! Loactions are toned down, infrequently laid with corpses, wasteland, greyish deserts, clut caves surrounded by flesh, rotten crypts, marshes and bogs, plagued cities you name it.
    While it may be true but fo people actually believe D3 didn't have this shit in it? Sure people freaked out over a fucking rainbow near a waterfall on one map. You know, a fucking real phenomenon of light. There were dead bodies and rotting corpses all over. The intro to RoS had you going through corpse lined streets, literally walking on a street of corpses. Blood was everywhere, gore was everywhere. Any one use exploding palm, or any Barbarian abilities.

The while D3 is more dark enough rainbows and ponies was so overblown, Blizzard made fucking Whymsidale to troll those that made their own dark corrections of screenshots.

- - - Updated - - -

Gotcha. D3 had tons of regular updates until after RoS. But that was when they decided to move on. Even for a game they really stopped developinbfor we still got an anniversary event, a new class, several new zones and such.

As for player /dev community I could care less.

my leaks can confirm this is fake

10+ Year Old Account
    While it may be true but fo people actually believe D3 didn't have this shit in it? Sure people freaked out over a fucking rainbow near a waterfall on one map. You know, a fucking real phenomenon of light. There were dead bodies and rotting corpses all over. The intro to RoS had you going through corpse lined streets, literally walking on a street of corpses. Blood was everywhere, gore was everywhere. Any one use exploding palm, or any Barbarian abilities.

The while D3 is more dark enough rainbows and ponies was so overblown, Blizzard made fucking Whymsidale to troll those that made their own dark corrections of screenshots.

- - - Updated - - -

Gotcha. D3 had tons of regular updates until after RoS. But that was when they decided to move on. Even for a game they really stopped developinbfor we still got an anniversary event, a new class, several new zones and such.

As for player /dev community I could care less.
    People just like to rag on D3, even if they have no idea what they're talking about, or any actual basis on which to stand. It's just the 'well, the cool kids are doing it' situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Does anyone really think D4 will be better than path of exile lol?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilek01 View Post
    If we expect regular updates then we also have to be ok if they add some monetization (MTX) to the game.
    Fallacy. Game companies, including Blizzard, used to regularly update games just fine without MTX. The objective was to attract people to the game, make them pay for it, to allow them to release QUALITY content. Not the drivel that is paid DLC and MTX we have today.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DuskSP View Post
    I think D3 is better than PoE at some things, and PoE is better than D3 at some things, but I don't believe PoE is completely better than D3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

My problems with the D3 launch were not thematic, so while this information sounds okay to me, it does not alleviate my concerns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Sounds pretty good to me. I'm curious as to what they mean by PVP. Presumably closer to the D2 style?

I tried PoE. After 2 days i stopped playing it. The gameplay is just BAD. so yes i belive D4 will be better for people who are lik me, and i can bet there are a lot.

I have never had problem with Blizzard's art in any game even D3. It's the the systems that will make or break D4.

- - - Updated - - -

Not hard. PoE itself does not hit home with the genre. ARPG is as stagnant as ever.

The only "leak" part of this is the classes.

Everything else has been flat out stated by devs previously as the inspiration for the game.

D4 needs to be PoE systems + D2 environment + D3 combat.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account

Indeed, D2 literally looks like a children's game compared to current D3.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why people keep asking for a darker game. If you mean dark as in gory and evil then I don't know if I would enjoy the game as much. If you mean dark as in low lighting then that sounds terrible. Light radius was the worst thing and I really hope that doesn't come back. I dislike not being able to see my surroundings.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!