Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    With China's taboo on Blood or Skulls / Skeletons in games, I doubt this will happen as everyone and their Grandmother's want that sweet Chinese monies.
    It's not like WoW has a separate Chinese client where they hide bones / blood.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    It's not like WoW has a separate Chinese client where they hide bones / blood.....
    Actually... they did. WotLK had a very delayed release in China because of all the Skull and Skeletons that had to be "scrubbed" from Naxx, ICC, Dungeons, etc... and they completely changed the "Remains" after spawning from being dead. From a Skeleton to a Tombstone. all the way to the point that the Undead on Chinese Servers don't have Rotting flesh that exposes bones.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    D2 Druids 10char
    This. Totally agree. blah blah blah 10char
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Diablo 4 needs balanced pvp tbh, how sick would it be if they supported pvp, it would bring in so much more players than before.
    diablo battle royale

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Do you guys think there are ways to advance the combat of ARPG to be less steamrolling and spamming and still be a loot-based game? Would Diablo fans even like that? All I have seen from ARPG has been the same combat wise no matter the game. Or you think this is too fundamental to the genre and should not be touched?
    No, that runs contrary to the A in ARPG which stands for Action. You can have an RPG that is heavily lootbased, sure, where you kill enemies slowly and you can't just steamroll packs of 20, but it wouldn't be an ARPG at that point anymore.

However, I'd be down with a slower more horror oriented experience, at least for the single player story part, have some endgame where it starts getting more fast paced sure, but make the initial leveling experience slower and more rpg focused.
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2019-10-29 at 08:36 PM.

it has to be like a Joker movie, a reflection of real world pointing out the everyday stuff we do, showing how devil has won over "the real world"
    people aren't scared of satanism or pentagrams these days, we live in a satanism culture - pointing that out could be scary
    screens addiction, negative information addiction, empty toxic foods addiction, cortisol/adrenaline music addiction - it's all a manipulation of the devil
    that's the kind of scary i'm talking about

Actually $$$ Auction House felt scary to me
    i felt like the real money Auction House was the end of the world - kids going full zombie mode, earning more money than their parents wasting away their youth for $, like Blizz was the actual devil that robbed me of so much health and time

also Battle Royal mode (could be scary and uncomfortable if done right)

tldr: i just want it to be scary
    cuz i was so fucking afraid playing Diablo1 at night as a kid and kinda lost my mental virginity seeing the ending cinematic
    Last edited by iosdeveloper; 2019-10-29 at 08:59 PM.

A Blizz polish version of PoE would be great

Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    I hope D4 is closer to Grim down,D2,PoE.I want more dark and spooky atmosphere.Skeletens and blood.
    With the current D3 progression system with more added to it yes, as long as they stay away from skill point allocation and potion popping because that shit sucked.

I simply hope they don't try to do a PoE. I don't like that game, as much as I tried. It's overcrowded with systems that aren't very appealing to me. That's at least gameplay was. I think the gameplay side will be fine, they just need to keep the power creep under control, otherwise, I'm pretty sure they will have good systems in place. For the look and theme, everyone pretty much agrees that going back to Diablo's roots for it's theme is the way to go, and I agree too. I think it'd be cool to see if 2019 Blizzard is able to make things as grim as it Diablo 1 and 2

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it has a proper auction house system and it's supported on mobile phones.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    I simply hope they don't try to do a PoE. I don't like that game, as much as I tried. It's overcrowded with systems that aren't very appealing to me. That's at least gameplay was. I think the gameplay side will be fine, they just need to keep the power creep under control, otherwise, I'm pretty sure they will have good systems in place. For the look and theme, everyone pretty much agrees that going back to Diablo's roots for it's theme is the way to go, and I agree too. I think it'd be cool to see if 2019 Blizzard is able to make things as grim as it Diablo 1 and 2
    D4 will be Reaper of Souls refined with a grittier look, they did an amazing job with D3's Expansion and they need to keep in that direction and add more to it, now that they have had a proper end game they can make that a way bigger focus in 4

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    The fuck are you on about? Diablo isnt about the Judeo-Christian devil and the last thing it needs is a bunch of half-cocked modernism tropes. See DMC for how badly demon themes and modern schlock like "TV and Soda are EEEVILLL" work together.
    no need for literalism or technology themes, you can show modern problems using similar stuff in a fantasy world, (dunno, make people use magic pocket mirrors created by Malthael cultists to suck their souls through them)

interestingly enough literalism is the thing i like about DmC, if the majority is taking things literal - speak their language
    in a postmodern world no ones looking into the inside, so you have to make the message very obvious
    you summed it up pretty good: "TV and Soda are evil", this should be modernized to "Smartphones and Sugar are evil"
    Last edited by iosdeveloper; 2019-10-29 at 11:00 PM.

a better crafting system.
    better companion system for solo players.
    all the classes.
    that is all i can think of for now.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    D4 will be Reaper of Souls refined with a grittier look, they did an amazing job with D3's Expansion and they need to keep in that direction and add more to it, now that they have had a proper end game they can make that a way bigger focus in 4
    proper endgame? excuse me what?
    Greater Rifts are a shitty endgame. As much as i love D3 i hate the way the game is heading. Reaper of souls on launch and few patches after was great but then it went downhill. Adding 100 torment levels, Greater Rifts being a loot pinata with 10-15 legendarys dropping every 3-5 minutes (duration of a rift). And nothing else to do beside GR.
    i don't want that shit in D4. i want a slower paced game with 3-4 difficulty settings and its OK if 50% or more people never reach the end boss in the highest difficulty. Thats the beauty of a game if there is a steady progression and loot matters more with getting upgrades slowly. With D3 you complete a set and you jump from farming T1 to T10+ instantly.

Maybe D4 needs tinkers
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    considering the d3 necro has all the abilities of the d2 necro what is your point
    You don't have the ablility to have a swarm of 1000 skeletons, golems or the whole necro of a mob thing D2 had.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilek01 View Post
    proper endgame? excuse me what?
    Greater Rifts are a shitty endgame. As much as i love D3 i hate the way the game is heading. Reaper of souls on launch and few patches after was great but then it went downhill. Adding 100 torment levels, Greater Rifts being a loot pinata with 10-15 legendarys dropping every 3-5 minutes (duration of a rift). And nothing else to do beside GR.
    i don't want that shit in D4. i want a slower paced game with 3-4 difficulty settings and its OK if 50% or more people never reach the end boss in the highest difficulty. Thats the beauty of a game if there is a steady progression and loot matters more with getting upgrades slowly. With D3 you complete a set and you jump from farming T1 to T10+ instantly.
    Ya that is part of the tuning, it can all be fixed. Obviously they won't bring it forward exactly as is, no sane person would expect a carbon copy of the current system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Actually... they did.
    *insert Simpsons 'That's the Joke' meme.*

Honestly, if they can take the flow of combat from D3, and add a skill tree somewhere between D2 and PoE I'll be happy. It doesn't need to be as insane as PoE's because we're dealing with classes here, but something a little bit bigger/more flexble than D2's multi tree layout would be perfect.

And yeah, no sets. While it's cool that I can, for instance, get a set that lets me melee as a wizard, or scale off Thorns as a Crusader, it makes the game a little dull when endgame is so focused on sets.

Keep those crazy ideas, but shift them towards legendaries instead. Make Legs MUCH rarer, but make them "Build Defining", so to speak.

Also: Make leveling a thing again. Leveling shouldn't just be some boring nonsense that you knock out in an afternoon, before you start spamming GRifts to increase your paragon. It should be the majority of your journey in game.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I'd like it to be far more solo-friendly. My biggest problem with d3 is that you always have the cloud of inefficiency hanging over your head if you play solo, and seeing people with +30 augments/gems not to mention thousands more paragon than you on the leaderboards isn't cool. There should be an incentive for people to group up, but the degree of efficiency that farming in groups provides plus thousands of extra mainstat should not be it.

Other than that they should just continue on the same course imo. D3 was clearly unfinished and shockingly greedy when it launched, but the expansion fixed everything and polished what turned out to be imo one of Blizzard's best games. It never really got the credit or momentum it deserves. So yeah just keep at it, I'm sure they can make a good game.
    Absolutely agree with this. If 4 man is going to be the meta again, I think I'll pass.