Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    This is insane, I'm going oom after x1 stormstrike + x1 chain lightning, this is terrible.... I think that the only spells that are cost efficient mana wise are the healing spells, am I wrong? why is it so terrible? how am I supposed to play the class if I'm going oom like this?
    Because Vanilla had horrendous balancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    wait... im confused that's what I am saying, the player makes the spec work. A spec will not destroy a raid but the player might.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry I am used to talking with people that assume off meta spec add hours to a run and completely break a raid apart. I took the word hindrance to far.
    The endgame of vanilla/classic is a joke by today standard. You could do a raid full of 40 paladin and down the boss of every raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    The endgame of vanilla/classic is a joke by today standard. You could do a raid full of 40 paladin and down the boss of every raid.
    Indeed, minmaxing is not needed to kill a boss. It's more of a personal choice/goal/record to see how far you can push yourself.
    I don't know why I am seeing class elitism in the community.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is insane, I'm going oom after x1 stormstrike + x1 chain lightning, this is terrible.... I think that the only spells that are cost efficient mana wise are the healing spells, am I wrong? why is it so terrible? how am I supposed to play the class if I'm going oom like this?
    Because the dev assigned to balancing Shamans legitimately hated them so they weren't fixed until TBC overhaul.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

My guild ran the following off-meta specs: 2 enhance shamans, an ele shaman, a 2h Fury warrior, a cat druid, and I think we had a shadow priest (can't confirm, log wasn't posted yet). We have 1 DW Fury warrior, about 12 mages, 5 hunters, 2 warlocks for the meta DPS. We also had 4 tanks: three prot warriors and a bear druid. Bear druid took all the knockbacks like a champ and charged back in no problem.

Downed Ragnaros before submerge. Nobody in our guild is super geared and most are a lot of pre-raid BIS and had FR gear on.

Shaman with their totems provide a lot to the group. If you look at the game with the perspective that you must be at the top of the dps meter to be considered "worthy" they are not the class for you. Its not gonna happen friend, just play a different class. Shaman are not about dps meter glory in vanilla, they bring excellent poison cleansing, fear cleansing, buffs, mana restore, self rez, resist totems, grounding fucking totem.
    Stack up INT/spirit gear no matter what spec you are, you aren't a hunter.

This is insane, I'm going oom after x1 stormstrike + x1 chain lightning
    No you're not. Lying does not help your argument.

they get better as the game released more gear i.e AQ40 and naxx

Quote Originally Posted by DargorDraconis View Post
    Than again, why even give hybrid class 3 spec with different role if only one is viable? Just give each class a single role and make 3 different functional aspect of it
    Then again, it's a 15yo complaint. That's why people asked for change. What you are talking about is one of numerous things that was bad in vanilla. Vanilla veterans warned people about it, but all the zealots screamed for "no change". That's what we get. Same problems than 15years ago. Deal with it or gtfo. I deal with it, I played enha during vanilla. I play holy priest in classic. You just needed to know your shit before whinning.... especially when everything is documented for more than a decade, plus you had more than a year to make an educated choice...
    Last edited by Beuargh; 2019-11-23 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Because Vanilla had horrendous balancing.
    It actually didn't. It just wasn't balanced around what you want it to be balanced around.

When WoW was released, PvP and raiding were not considered terribly important parts of the game. As a result, the balancing was almost entirely around the leveling and 5-man experience. This resulted in a variety of trade-offs that make sense in that context - but not necessarily in the context of raiding/PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    What sort of gear are you using? Are you doing a mix of Mail, Leather, and Cloth? Are you gearing for maximum mana pool and high regen? Or are you going for as much spell damage as possible?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    This has nothin todo with l2p issue when a mage can spam frostbolts but a shaman goes oom in 2-3 casts. Classic is unbalanced as fuck, easy as that.
    My warlock goes OOM pretty quickly in raids, and in the world. Even when I balance spells and life tap,I still drink and eat a lot of food. I actually had an easier time leveling on my shaman due to the auto attack damage. Not saying warlock is hard by any means, I was just able to be more efficient solo'ing out in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistnectar View Post
    My warlock goes OOM pretty quickly in raids, and in the world. Even when I balance spells and life tap,I still drink and eat a lot of food. I actually had an easier time leveling on my shaman due to the auto attack damage. Not saying warlock is hard by any means, I was just able to be more efficient solo'ing out in the world.
    clearly leveled warlock wrong, leave imp on passive using dark pact = mana battery from 40-60 never oom.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think they're terrible because they're meant to be healers.

Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Hybrid tax. If you have +dmg gear just use down ranks. Slight drop in dps, but better on Mana.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VigilantRose View Post
    It actually didn't. It just wasn't balanced around what you want it to be balanced around.
    It actually did. It is actually the worst balancing in WoW's lifespan.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was good on mana leveling as Enhance because I was wearing int in some slots. Also around 50 they start putting hunter/enhance gear in dungeons. I was wearing the Searingscale leggings, which has like every stat on them. Beaststalker shoulders, have int. The Mara mail pieces are really good and have int on them, you should wear those til 60.

You don't really need hit while leveling, so you can afford to have some stam/int pieces, which you wouldn't think benefit Enhance that much, but a couple pieces really does.
    It's kind of a QoL thing, having more mana doesn't exactly increase your throughput. This is the beauty of classic. You can actually choose to have more QoL or just straight up do more damage. There is no QoL on my DK in retail. Everything is clunky through and through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DargorDraconis View Post
    Than again, why even give hybrid class 3 spec with different role if only one is viable? Just give each class a single role and make 3 different functional aspect of it
    it's not a "role", the "spec" is literally just a page with bunch of talents. Stop thinking with "specs", you are a shaman, it doesn't matter what talents you pick, your are here for buffs and heals. Which shouldn't stop you from trying to do damage (if you want to. I mean, even in RPGs when you roll some shitty character like 11str 11agi fighter), but don't be surprised when people during ragnaros will complain about shaman being in melee, and your excuse of "but i'm enhancement i need to do damage!" won't cut it.
    Because you put bunch of talent points into elemental doesn't mean that you'll perform like a mage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you lvling or is it endgame? If u lvling up go ench if u wanna dps :P As endgame i think resto is the way.

Quote Originally Posted by archelos91 View Post
    clearly leveled warlock wrong, leave imp on passive using dark pact = mana battery from 40-60 never oom.
    clearly leveling wrong, the mana drain is among the worst talents, you will spam that shit with barely any effect.
    you either drain tank, especially if you are on a PvP realm now or you follow the proper spells and wand.