Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Starting to drop a few players we knew weren’t too invested to begin with, we’re clearing MC and Ony in about 3hrs every week so there’s not that much to do as guild groups yet. We desperately need BGs and honor at this point, people are leveling alts now, a few people even started their third character to 60.

Personally I’m doing a second 60 and then doing 2-3 characters to 35 for profession cds.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Bad to be honest. I think it's over pretty soon. Not because we don't have enough players, but our leadership is shit and people start to realize how much.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty bad tbh. Those of us that geared up ages ago are bored as fuck. Raid attendance is down somewhat, and people are resorting to pugs for their missing pieces.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Found a private server guild about a year ago just to see the raids and have some fun, ended up staying with them into classic launch. Not gonna brag about how good they are but I've been having a ton of fun just being a part of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in 3rd guild.
    First one failed due to Loot council. Aka why he gets gear not me. So all srs ppl like myself fucked off
    Second one I left cause GM was an Idiot not knowing how to run guild

Now we got Normal not retarded guild with DKP and no bullshit loot council. We tried Roll but instant drama so DKP sorted situation out.
    Clearing Onyxia and MC.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great. Pretty much everyone from my "bfa guild" moved to classic. We have the main guild now for those that want to raid Naxxramas (therefore they are super hardcore) and the more casual guild with those of us that wanna level together, do dungeons together and have some fun. Also, we have the "bfa guild" but there are only 3, sometimes 4 people there -.-'
    Edit: 90% of the original guild were vanilla players, so we all started playing wow again just because we wanted to play OG WoW, therefore doesnt say a lot about the whole situation with abandoning current wow.
    Last edited by pinelakias; 2019-10-30 at 09:04 AM.
    The man in the mirror is watching. Study hard and work harder! Always be civil and care about others!

Like 80 60s, something like 30 level 30-59 alts, top 30 raiding guild globally feels pretty good

I'm in a guild of real life friends. Only 3 of us are level 60 currently so we're either farming dungeons for gear or leveling alts. I keep funneling some tasty items down to the lower levels when I'm not leveling my alt. All in all though engagement is the same as when we started. Just waiting until we can start doing some Mara and BRD runs
    RETH

We have 3 40man raids full clearing MC and Ony weekly. The first 2 raids do also split for Ony so we do 4 Ony20 and 1 Ony40. Loot council for the 2 main raids and rolls for the third (alt+friends) raid. We're 2nd on our server by the logs.... Usual drama here and there but we're doing good

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Pretty bad tbh. Those of us that geared up ages ago are bored as fuck. Raid attendance is down somewhat, and people are resorting to pugs for their missing pieces.
    That’s the proper classic experience. Once you’re geared and you don’t want to level alts there is pretty much nothing to do other than logging in for raids.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Our guild fractured in two - Retail and Classic.

Barely enough to do anything on either ... Classic pretty much stopped everything I was doing in Retail on day one, and not enough went to classic to take it up.

I suspect that Classic may be the WoW killer - killing both Retail and Classic faster than anyone could have expected.
    Retail has been dead since the release of BFA.
    Classic has only dug the graver deeper.

Moderator Note: Stop with the persistent game vs game stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    That’s the proper classic experience. Once you’re geared and you don’t want to level alts there is pretty much nothing to do other than logging in for raids.
    If you're only playing the game to get gear and raid log then you're playing the wrong game.
    Go out and enjoy the massive world. Go out there have engage is some epic pvp. Classic isn't about the raid environments. The raids are just an added bonus.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-10-31 at 09:45 AM.

Ours is great, raiding moving along, picking up more people. Got MC down to an hour and a half. People are hyped for BGs I'd say, by now.

Hilariously, our "#1" guild on our server already had their GM meltdown moment, and they had to reform the guild after he left, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    True. But leveling a 19 twink and farming gold / gear / enchants for it is a cool (but short if boosted) activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Naiyano View Post
    Bad to be honest. I think it's over pretty soon. Not because we don't have enough players, but our leadership is shit and people start to realize how much.
    I quote myself here. It's over now.

A group of people left and we took about 30 people from our old guild by now. I expect it to be more today in the afternoon. Was mostly about greedy loot council stuff and biased rooster descisions because of friends. Like reserving every legendary till the end of naxx for guild leaders and officers wasn't enough they even wanted to reserve the ZG mount for one officer. No thank you. Good bye.

The good thing is we now have a community of like minded people that just want to play the game. I'm looking forward to it.

Dead. Classic was engaging for about a week, then our mythic raid guild stopped playing both games. End of retail expansion sucks, classic is worse and it turns out the real "WoW Killer" was WoW all along.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    If you're only playing the game to get gear and raid log then you're playing the wrong game.
    Go out and enjoy the massive world. Go out there have engage is some epic pvp. Classic isn't about the raid environments. The raids are just an added bonus.
    This.

If you are anything but a casual player, you might just quit, because there is nothing to do outside of worthless gold farming when you get to your personal gearprogression wall.

There is a reason why the game pupularity peaked years AFTER vanilla/classic and now you know why.

If you enjoy the game in general and got time for it and you would like to shit on casual players, retail is allways an option. With pvp-rating, r.io-rating and raiding-history you dont even need gear to get into the gated communitys.
    Last edited by Ange; 2019-10-31 at 08:52 AM.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Dead. Classic was engaging for about a week, then our mythic raid guild stopped playing both games. End of retail expansion sucks, classic is worse and it turns out the real "WoW Killer" was WoW all along.

Retail is a game that is spent in smaller groups within dungeons & raids.
    Classic is a game that's spent in MASSIVE groups outside in the world.

Sounds like neither Classic or Retail is for you... Might as well just quit playing wow.

Half of the OG people are already gone.
    Like 80% of the guild are only logging in to raid once a week. A handful of people leveling.

Basically WoD, just with shitty shitty raids and shitty shitty classes - exactly what everyone wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Might as well just quit playing wow.
    I mean... Good reading comprehension I guess, that's literally what I said we had all done.

The issue for Blizzard is that they decided to release a game with a very definite shelf life (Classic) while their main game was deep into one of its biggest content lulls. Anecdotally, they've now straight up lost 20+ committed, paying subscribers because Classic simply isn't engaging enough gameplay-wise to keep our attention and retail is not in the best shape right now. "Enjoying the massive world" is something we already did 14 years ago, and the "epic pvp" is two shotting people over and over again without even having a progress tracker, let alone any rewards. I did that, as well, 14 years ago, when there were no games on the market doing PvP or "massive world" better - now, there are plenty, so we've done what you suggested and quit playing WoW entirely.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doing great actually, we have been cleaning the raids available and gearing up. Trying to improve the players of the core and such.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Half of the OG people are already gone.
    Like 80% of the guild are only logging in to raid once a week. A handful of people leveling.

Basically WoD, just with shitty shitty raids and shitty shitty classes - exactly what everyone wanted.
    This is happening in the whole classic overall i believe. There is not much to do rn with only this phase tbh and leveling an alt is not as viable to be appealing.

Hopefully ZG and Bgs will breath new life.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3