Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Alleria spent centuries training to use the void and she fully knows she can lose her way at any moment.
    Only because the "1000 year war" bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You cannot pick and choose what lore is valid.
    I'm not saying it isn't valid. I'm saying it's stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    The way Alleria and Turalyon were brought back was equal to character assassination really, imo. They should have left them MIA.

I mean, Turalyon as leader of the Army of the Light not even military council to Anduin? Are you freaking kidding me?
    it could have been interesting if they were written into the story well. but having Turalyon be some backseat character and Alleira bring a corrupted void elf was a huge pile of a mess.

The story is REALLY slow. Like REALLY REALLY slow in the past 2-3 expacs (no wonder why...). We've yet to see what's Sylvanas' "big game" is, if she has one, that is... This mysterious bullshit could have been cool for Legion, but we have been living it for 4 years now and it gets boring, especially if you're alliance.
    To me, Sylvanas is simply annoying at this point. I guess she should be portrayed like Sherlock Holmes in the series, "annyoing, but a genius and we love him", but Sylvanas is just... an emo bitch. Thanks to the writers. By the time her plan surfaces, I'd be like "Can we just finish this, please?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always liked Sylvanas, but less in BFA.

I wish Alleria was still MIA.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I've always liked Sylvanas, but less in BFA.

I wish Alleria was still MIA.
    Why? You don't like how they brought her back huh? Still, regardless, it has much more potential, though they might not use that potential.

She was a hero unit and rebelled against Arthas. That made her popular. The rest is rule 34 and exposure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    All three windrunner sisters are shit.

Alleria would only be popular amongst high elf fans and male human paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    All three windrunner sisters are shit.

Alleria would only be popular amongst high elf fans and male human paladins.
    wait theres 3 of them?

Sylvanas was the most badass character in WC3, destroying anyone and anything in her way (except Arthas, but she fucked him up good)
    Alleria did what?

Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    You realise there are two books and now also recent lore which shows her character?
    Except her book character and her wow character are entirely different.

Book Alleria was racist towards most humans, proud and extremely nationalistic and most importantly mentally weak.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2019-10-31 at 10:51 AM.

Probably because among all characters in wow she gets things rolling. Her vengeance arc in Wc3 is what players first enjoyed in her, now her character is destroyed but even then she still does things, while the rest don't really do anything. If the others actually are doing "something" it's often to drive the story towards a place where the story becomes bland.

I would say Sylvanas got blown up because she became popular. Rather than opposite. Of course it's true that any character receiving more spotlight will obviously enable more people to enjoy said character since you get to know them more compared to a background character.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Quite the opposite i'd say.

A lot of players were huge fans of her when she WASN'T in the spotlight and was always just doing her thing in the background to the other stories.

The Horde didn't really know what she was up to half the time, and you certainly didn't know if you could trust her. Even her role in Wraithgate was suspicious.

That's when Sylvanas was great.

Tbh, the more she's been in the spotlight, the worse a character she is. She's just some moustache twirling cliché who keeps fucking up her own plans when people trigger her. She's embarassing now.

Making her Warchief ruined her.
    Agreeing with this 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    I am convinced that Sylvanas' popularity has little to do with her nature and character, but far more because some blizz devs have just pumped her up, and ofucsed all the interesting plots and character portrayals to involve her.

My prediction is that Alleria would be more popular by some margin if she had/has the same focus from the devs as Sylvanas.
    No. Sylvanas is popular because her role in warcraft 3. She was popular before she was shoved to the forefront, arguably more so than after. in fact, the wow team trying to develop her has damn near completely destroyed her character.

Honestly, id argue that giving characters spotlight destroys them. Saurfang seemed like a cool guy till he got the spotlight, then he became an insufferable alliance bootlicker who made dumb decisions over and over. Thrall was a well respected badass till he got the spotlight and became green jesus. Voljin may be an exception, he was cool once he got the spotlight, then blizz dumpstered him and done him REAL dirty so they could slaughter sylvanas and the forsaken.
    Other examples: Nathanos, Tyrande, Malfurion, garrosh etc etc.

They might all become better known, but not better liked. and alleria is next in line to get a LOT of spotlight, she will become insufferable too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Why? You don't like how they brought her back huh? Still, regardless, it has much more potential, though they might not use that potential.
    Hate it, their main story telling in game has always been shit though. Sylvanas has been nothing but annoying this expansion, so no idea why she is growing in popularity (especially with the hate BFA gets, and lack of people actually playing, are you sure she's getting more popular?), plus she's always been pretty popular.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2019-10-31 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Ofc. Alleria also looks much better.
    Sylvanas is just that generic goth elf ZzzZzZz
    How is that worse than literally being the generic elf ranger used in all damn fantasies?
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I have been die hard Horde since launch, so Naw Ill take my Undead Banshee Queen over some vanilla, pumpkin spice Latte High Elf.
    At this point being "die hard Horde" is the most basic thing you can be in this community.

I barely know who Alleria actually is.
    Yes maybe she is characterized in the books, i never read them. As someone who only plays wow she's just some obscure side Character, on a level with the Highmountain Tauren leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    nope
    any character from wc3 popularity dwarf any character from another era, the exception is Deathwing because how well he was in books not to mention he is already a dragon and dragons are always badass in D&D
    I'm not saying she isn't popular, but doubt she would be as popular as someone in wc3 who had half a campaign focused on her and what to do, remember that in wc2 hero units were just buffed units while wc3 hero units were the core of the game
    Also any elf who stay with alliance is a retard species with the worst fictional case i ever saw of Stockholm Syndrome, she does know that alliance literally tried to wipe out her own ppl twice? What's next, lightforged eredar who were left alone for 15k years to fight against impossible odds betrayed by their own kind and miraculously survive the infinite onslaught from demons join their kind again and forget all that pass and even stand with them against a faction that their first interaction with was help them beat the burning legion? oh wait...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I have been die hard Horde since launch, so Naw Ill take my Undead Banshee Queen over some vanilla, pumpkin spice Latte High Elf.
    how can u be die horde fan, and u want to be with someone who literally sh8t on horde? even alliance treat horde better than Sylvanas, and alliance tried to genocide 4 out of 6 main horde races, one of them twice

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Yes maybe she is characterized in the books
    she isn't
    blizz basically have a very obvious elf fetish, hence why almost every beautiful lady elf end with the amazing human male
    Tyrande surprising broke that tradition, and as result they made the strongest character in azeroth to a kidnapped joke, seriously see malfurion in wow doesn't even show a glimpse of his power in lore, he can control every plant and wild life on azeroth, yet he gets kidnapped for breakfast
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Take away the Void stuff, bring back the absolute devotion to her kingdom, put it in opposition to her hump-human’s love for Alliance and you have a cool character. At least in my opinion. Bring back the hero of Quel’Thalas, out with weird fetishes that Windrunners are all seemingly into.