World of Warcraft: Echoes of Lordaeron

WoW: Echoes of Lordaeron

With the temporal tampering from AU Draenor leading to the defeat of the Legion which has altered our own time line and changed events which led to the release of N'zoth, after N'zoth's defeat (not death, they left his end up in the air so they can reuse him later or later on say he died, depending what they decide to do) some of N'zoth's essences have impacted the dragonflights. You can already see this with the Ebonhorn quests. It goes deeper however, with the bronze dragon flight dealing with the corruption which impacts them handling their duties related to regulating time. This has led to time-event horizons to appear across Azeroth.

We will travel back in time to an AU Lordaeron where Sylvannas has prevented Arthas from ever finding Frostmourne. Sylvannas found a way to prevent Arthas from hearing Nerzhul's whispers and she has pushed the Scourge out of the Eastern Kingdoms with her own death forces. Early parts of the expansion is us helping clean up pockets of scourge and traveling to Northrend ourselves to beat Nerzhul. However, as the expansion develops we learn that us further impacting the time ways has led to bad events happening, and as a result we have to team up with Bolvar to invade Lordaeron, corrupt Arthas, help assassinate King Menethil and put into motion what was supposed to happen. One of the final bosses will be Sylvannas as we help Arthas get the crown from Sylvannas to complete his destiny as the Lich King.

They are going to update the Culling of Stratholme dungeon and bring Scholomance back as a 5 man mythic similar to Karazhan where we help Arthas turn it into a Necromancy school in a .2 or .3 patch to help get more minions for the siege on Sylvannas.

He also said at the time they had not decided on the expansion unique AP grind or expansion specific points as their main focus was on Lordaeron and making it feel alive.

There will be a few other zones handled in the way of Nazjatar and Mechagon where other time-events lead to other locations in WoW's history but the focus on them will be much smaller. The expac will have an Stormwind / Ironforge / Kul'tiras blockage south of Arathi Highlands where the player cannot journey southwards.

Anyway, I'm excited to share this with you guys! We have an exciting weekend ahead of us. My dad's cousin's brother's sister's cousin's uncle who is adopted works at Blizzard and he leaked to me this expansion idea. This is no joke, they were floating a few directions and were deciding between Shadowlands, Wrath of the Bolvar, and this for the next expac. Despite that they pulled him from WoW and put him on Diablo Immortal this is what he told me they were leaning towards a year ago.
    Last edited by Deferionus; 2019-10-30 at 04:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    This is no joke, they were floating a few directions and were deciding between Shadowlands, Wrath of the Bolvar, and this for the next expac. Despite that they pulled him from WoW and put him on Diablo Immortal this is what he told me they were leaning towards a year ago.
    Almost had me there for a second. Well played.

... a bunch of stupid shit to waste my time.

My dad's cousin's brother's sister's cousin's uncle who is adopted works at Blizzard and he leaked to me this expansion idea.
    See my quote for how I feel about your post.

Yeah, because the last time travel AU expansion worked out so well for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Death... it is the lifeblood of this world. We are its children. Soon, its masters. Ours is a legacy of genocide! A rising tide of ice and shadow that will wash over this world, and all others! Our bond is deadly. Our will unbreakable. Who will stand against us?
    The shadowy Daughter of Urthona stood before red Orc,
    When fourteen suns had faintly journey'd o'er his dark abode:
    His food she brought in iron baskets, his drink in cups of iron:
    Crown'd with a helmet and dark hair the nameless female stood;

We already know it's Shadowlands. At least make a fake Shadowlands leak so it doesn't immediately lose credibility.

We will travel back in time to an AU Lordaeron where Sylvannas has prevented Arthas from ever finding Frostmourne. Sylvannas found a way to prevent Arthas from hearing Nerzhul's whispers and she has pushed the Scourge out of the Eastern Kingdoms with her own death forces. Early parts of the expansion is us helping clean up pockets of scourge and traveling to Northrend ourselves to beat Nerzhul. However, as the expansion develops we learn that us further impacting the time ways has led to bad events happening, and as a result we have to team up with Bolvar to invade Lordaeron, corrupt Arthas, help assassinate King Menethil and put into motion what was supposed to happen. One of the final bosses will be Sylvannas as we help Arthas get the crown from Sylvannas to complete his destiny as the Lich King.
    If this is an alternate Timeline we don't have to do anything.
    This makes no sense at all :P

15+ Year Old Account
    this is somewhat true but wrong overall. sylvanas dues go back in time, however she actually recruits the many elven nations to band together. the expansion is called WoW: Elflords of Azeroth

trust me i am the ceo of blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    No...no...guyz...listen...listen to me....I know the truths. K.....I know a guy who has a cat who sits outside Blizzard HQ windows and takes notes and this is legit...just ask me I'll tell you.
    1. Gonna have a new name...Bolvar something something Shadow something something random something something
    2. You're gonna have races and classes
    3. new places to go....and ummm...do stuff...yeah do stuff
    4. new/old bad guys...take that as you will
    5. lots of fun for all, invite your friends
    6. and if this isn't legit (at least parts of it) I will plant trees.....and stuff

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

They are going to update the Culling of Stratholme dungeon and bring Scholomance back as a 5 man mythic similar to Karazhan where we help Arthas turn it into a Necromancy school in a .2 or .3 patch to help get more minions for the siege on Sylvannas.
    You know I'd actually pay to play this sort of villain, I mean, how nice to have Sylvanas turned into a hero just to have us players roll over her with a meat wagon after we corrupt Arthas? I'd totally go Scourge to do that, no kidding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas with death forces? What?

Bolvar is not bad, he is chaotic neutral and cares for neither faction.

nice draft bud, add it to the pile

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Sylvanas with death forces? What?
    Yes. In the pre-expansion event the loyalist players, a splinter group of Forsaken, and undead she has risen from the faction war march on Icecrown. My source didn't know what the rebel player's role in the pre-expansion event was as that wasn't developed or decided upon when he left the WoW team.

Quote Originally Posted by Draeth View Post
    Yeah, because the last time travel AU expansion worked out so well for them.
    Blizzard is convinced that the basis of WoD was good and it was undermined by employees leaving the company and not working on their assigned projects causing large parts of its later patches to be cut due to being incomplete. They had to choose between pushing back Legion to save WoD by reassigning other devs or double down on Legion and try to make it good as possible. As such they are not shy about trying another AU location set in a different part of Warcraft's history, and the WC3 era resonates well with the player base. Additionally, it also matches up with the release of WC3 reforged, so the time for it is now.