Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Alleria is awful though.

"Oh, I'm a super special snowflake because I'm the only one who can use the void without being corrupted because of 'reasons.' Please ignore that the shadow is a central part of Forsaken lore"

Both her and Turalyon were way over the top in ridiculousness when they were brought back.
    All shadow priests, nagas, arakkoa, demons and so on laugh at her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    I am convinced that Sylvanas' popularity has little to do with her nature and character, but far more because some blizz devs have just pumped her up, and ofucsed all the interesting plots and character portrayals to involve her.

My prediction is that Alleria would be more popular by some margin if she had/has the same focus from the devs as Sylvanas.
    No. Alleria is too emotional, she is basically angry elf archer. Sylvanas is calculative, pragmatic, manipulative.

Only thing that redeems Alleria is Void magic, which is very interesting. However, on that field she is surpassed by Locus-Walker.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    The way Alleria and Turalyon were brought back was equal to character assassination really, imo. They should have left them MIA.

I mean, Turalyon as leader of the Army of the Light not even military council to Anduin? Are you freaking kidding me?
    Army of the Light looked pathetic in comparison to crew of Vindicaar.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Sylvanas is popular for a few reasons:

70% of it is sex appeal
    This comment is especially dumb because the thread is comparing Sylvanas and Alleria, another female elf who has the benefit of actually being alive. It's almost as if sex appeal isn't what drives everything.
    change can't wait.

70% of it is sex appeal

20% of it is her hated for the other team and her ability to antagonize them in various ways

5% is due to marketing

5% is due to her complexity as a character.
    not really

i would rate it

50/50

50 % - big ass tiddies

50% - because she is effective at slaughtering allience and this is world of warcraft not world of pussycraft.

wont lie i kinda wish for 3rd faction of sylvanas loyalista who would be against both horde and allience.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    She was popular because she's from Warcraft 3 and interesting. Now that they fucked up her character tho i don't know what people see in her.

Alleria could have been something good if she wasn't a void elf. She could have brought the high elves into the alliance and been a bridge to bring blood elves and high elves closer together. As it stands now tho being a void elf, she is a waste.
    She wouldn't bring high elves and blood elves together. She is far more extremist than Veressa.

- - - Updated - - -

70% of it is sex appeal

20% of it is her hated for the other team and her ability to antagonize them in various ways

5% is due to marketing

5% is due to her complexity as a character.
    That is Tyrande.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanz View Post
    this. dude's writing is fucking trash. Legitimately created Nathanos as a mary sue insert.
    Nathanos has been a character long before Danuser took a liking to him.
    change can't wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am convinced that Sylvanas' popularity has little to do with her nature and character, but far more because some blizz devs have just pumped her up, and ofucsed all the interesting plots and character portrayals to involve her.

My prediction is that Alleria would be more popular by some margin if she had/has the same focus from the devs as Sylvanas.
    Cunning and edgy undead elf chick with huge boobs.

That's like dweeb dream realized right there. Of course she's popular. She was made to tick all these boxes that make rpg/mmo crowd swoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    That and also: any character is as popular as Blizzard decides to make them.
    Yes. They just give character a new model, one cinematic and everyone buys him. With Sylvanas, they did everything they could to make people hate her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    This. Every single one of them fawning over Human Potential is sufficient reason to completely euthanize all of them. It's creeping over to Valeera aswell.
    I am sure Nathanos is her because he is an asshole, not because he is human.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    Take away the Void stuff, bring back the absolute devotion to her kingdom, put it in opposition to her hump-human’s love for Alliance and you have a cool character. At least in my opinion. Bring back the hero of Quel’Thalas, out with weird fetishes that Windrunners are all seemingly into.
    The thing is that she always loved humans more than Quel'thalas.

Sylvanas was popular because she was smart in war3. Then suddenly in wow mind control and banshee power completely disapeared to profit a plague that the forsaken have no reason to use since the defeat of arthas.
    That plague was specificaly designed to kill livings and undeads. Plague hurting only the livings are easier to make and would make sense.

Mind control and banshee are now taboo because a blizz retard decided so.

So sylvanas was popular when she was sylvanas. And undeads were popular when they were undead.
    We only have Paxton team left.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    The thing is that she always loved humans more than Quel'thalas.
    With her retconed personality yeah, her original characterization had her look down on humans not even respecting their kings, not addressing them with any royal affix, simply because they were like children to her. Outright told Turalyon he would never understand what true pain feels like, because humans live only for a fingersnap and as such would never understand true loss and outright stating the Alliance was a means to an end for her and the only reason she disobeyed orders tagging alongside the token support was because she feared her leadership had underestimated the threat the orcs posed to quel'thalas.

Well, I find Thallysra and Valtrois much more interesting then either Sylvanas or Alleria. Even Lady Liadrin is more interesting (no matter if people keep complaining that she is a generic paladin now).

As soon as Blizzard gives out some power upgrades to their characters, the become garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    With her retconed personality yeah, her original characterization had her look down on humans not even respecting their kings, not addressing them with any royal affix, simply because they were like children to her. Outright told Turalyon he would never understand what true pain feels like, because humans live only for a fingersnap and as such would never understand true loss and outright stating the Alliance was a means to an end for her and the only reason she disobeyed orders tagging alongside the token support was because she feared her leadership had underestimated the threat the orcs posed to quel'thalas.
    And why do you think they changed her personality. Do you believe the rabid high elf fans and human paladin mains would accept what you just described?
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    Take away the Void stuff, bring back the absolute devotion to her kingdom, put it in opposition to her hump-human’s love for Alliance and you have a cool character. At least in my opinion. Bring back the hero of Quel’Thalas, out with weird fetishes that Windrunners are all seemingly into.
    Also this. Elven females falling for human males should not exist in a setting where Elves are really extreme with their superiority complex. It's OK in Lord of the Rings, because Elves are less pricky in there, especially the Half-Elves have the option to live a human life. But in WoW, please no. My Elven characters would only accept an Elf as a partner or mate.

Quote Originally Posted by scubi666stacy View Post
    Also this. Elven females falling for human males should not exist in a setting where Elves are really extreme with their superiority complex. It's OK in Lord of the Rings, because Elves are less pricky in there, especially the Half-Elves have the option to live a human life. But in WoW, please no. My Elven characters would only accept an Elf as a partner or mate.
    It’s only Thalassian elves. Night Elves seem to stick together. What’s the difference between night elf men and high/blood elf men that has high elf women going for humans instead?
    change can't wait.

Alleria is very popular regardless. She is one of the most anticipated and hyped characters in the game, often mentioned by devs, and once even at Blizzcon if I am not mistaken. Now she became even more popular because she is the leader of the void elves (the fourth most played Alliance race, eclipsing even some of the Classic races) and is the first mortal in the history of the cosmos to successfully defy the shadows' whispers (so she is a very important character and leader).

Yes maybe she is characterized in the books, i never read them. As someone who only plays wow she's just some obscure side Character, on a level with the Highmountain Tauren leader.
    Then you never did the Argus questline? Because she's one of the main characters there...
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-10-31 at 12:33 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account

Too late. Alleria is way behind. Sylvanas has over a decade of luring the wicked.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Too late. Alleria is way behind. Sylvanas has over a decade of luring the wicked.
    Blizz essentially tried to recreate Kerrigan with Sylvanas and to a degree they succeeded.

I actually don't enjoy Sylvanas as a character.

There was something a lot more EPIC about Arthas bringing a dead dragon back to life in a cinematic, compared to Sylvanas burning down a big tree or yelling "For the Horde!"...

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz essentially tried to recreate Kerrigan with Sylvanas and to a degree they succeeded.
    Indeed, both looked hot before and now you wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole unless you had some extra kinks in your lifechoices.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Harisun View Post
    I actually don't enjoy Sylvanas as a character.

There was something a lot more EPIC about Arthas bringing a dead dragon back to life in a cinematic, compared to Sylvanas burning down a big tree or yelling "For the Horde!"...
    Never enjoyed her but alas, Tirion is gone, Cairne is gone, Rhonin is gone, Nazgrim is not truly Nazgrim anymore - only ones left for me is Gazlowe, Lor'themar, Genn and Mekkatorque.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

This characterisation seems nice. However, from blood elf perspective she should have obeyed the orders.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't play Starcraft but I bet Kerrigan must be great character.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Everyone knows the two reasons she's always been popular.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn