Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aynen View Post
    Tinkers sounds like the type of class that is really fun for a while because of all the bells and whistles it would have, but those would stop being fun really quickly.
    That sounds like the Demon Hunter. It was cool at first because of double jump, gliding etc. however after a while it become really boring because the playstyle in raids is so simple and all the gimmicks don’t really matter in that environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    And BFA has the best conclusion for inclusion of Tinkers.

Dark Rangers are just a ranged rogue, and I'd rather have Unholy DK to be necromancers as ranged plate casters.

Nor does a Necromancer or Dark Ranger if you look at their premise. One steals from the realm of the dead to gain power in the realm of the living, another steals from the realm of the living to stay away from the realm of the dead... I guess we'll respecc to spirit walker, spirit healer, or Wraiths?

Machines can't be quelled as easily either, like magic can.
    If tinkers were introduced in BFA I would agree but it'd be odd if they were added after the fact. Necromancer and dark ranger atleast are related to death in some way which I consider a really high edge over tinkerers. However, I'd rather see them all be new specs if DKs are the beginning of a cycle of new specs like how Allied races were the selling point of BFA. Although necromancer seems unlikely in that regard since DKs are supposedly getting a fire spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I don't know it it is a rule that class must fit its expansion.
    Ion himself said they have to fit the theme for it to make sense, so it is Dark Ranger or Necromancer.

Whatever happens, I really hope they don't call it "Tinker," which should be ranked among the worst names given to anything in history...

Side note: One problem I have with retail is that it hasn't been able to decide since Cata whether it wants to be goofy or grave. The jolt from "death knight dark antihero" --> "magical fat pandas with ninja moves" --> "edgelord with a demon inside him" was bad enough. Are we really going to now go --> "Teehee! Inspector Gadget on the case!"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    If tinkers were introduced in BFA I would agree but it'd be odd if they were added after the fact. Necromancer and dark ranger atleast are related to death in some way which I consider a really high edge over tinkerers. However, I'd rather see them all be new specs if DKs are the beginning of a cycle of new specs like how Allied races were the selling point of BFA. Although necromancer seems unlikely in that regard since DKs are supposedly getting a fire spec.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on them but with the inclusion of Mechagnomes, Mechagon, and so much Tinker themed, one would be silly not to consider that what the factions has used as back-up and special units, could benefit on the field. Hence I said that the conclusion of BFA almost screams the inclusion of Tinker.

As for Dark Ranger and Necromancer, I'd rather see Necromancer taking the place of Unholy to create a ranged plate DPS spec. And Dark Ranger to be a Stealth Ranged rogue spec since Dark Rangers has shown a lot in common with rogues as well, almost to the point of tilting the scale away from Hunter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    Whatever happens, I really hope they don't call it "Tinker," which should be ranked among the worst names given to anything in history...

Side note: One problem I have with retail is that it hasn't been able to decide since Cata whether it wants to be goofy or grave. The jolt from "death knight dark antihero" --> "magical fat pandas with ninja moves" --> "edgelord with a demon inside him" was bad enough. Are we really going to now go --> "Teehee! Inspector Gadget on the case!"?
    WoW has always been goofy and grave. It's part of its identity to not be over the top gritty but to add in the flavours.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Where would they have "fit" in the transition from Legion to the start of BFA?

We also know nothing about the next expansion, soooo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Ion himself said they have to fit the theme for it to make sense, so it is Dark Ranger or Necromancer.
    Source?

10+ Year Old Account
    But Tinkers are the only reason I want to roll a Goblin or Gnome

If they give us Dark Rangers like the rumour suggests then its another elf exclusive class, and we had that recently with demon hunters.
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-10-31 at 01:16 PM.

Feel free to show your sources. I guarantee that's not what he said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure he said that they try to make it fit the theme of the stories.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on them but with the inclusion of Mechagnomes, Mechagon, and so much Tinker themed, one would be silly not to consider that what the factions has used as back-up and special units, could benefit on the field. Hence I said that the conclusion of BFA almost screams the inclusion of Tinker.
    Funny you mention that, mechagnomes imo take away from what tinkerers could be since that mechanization could have been customization options for tinkerers like how DHs have tattoos and horns. That's my problem with pretty much all of the allied races save for maybe vulpera but that's a whole different thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Where would they have "fit" in the transition from Legion to the start of BFA?

We also know nothing about the next expansion, soooo
    I'll be quoting this in a few days
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Dude, you just have to hold on one more day without insulting people too much and you won't hear about tinkers for another year, without even getting banned!

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny you mention that, mechagnomes imo take away from what tinkerers could be since that mechanization could have been customization options for tinkerers like how DHs have tattoos and horns. That's my problem with pretty much all of the allied races save for maybe vulpera but that's a whole different thread.
    Naw, special attributes to such class would end up making it a hero class. A Tinker is a flatline class in my opinion. They've been part of the game for a long time, and a long list can be one - even longer if you look into what kind of tech.

It seems like they are gearing it to be something we discover in Mechagnome towards the end of this x-pac.

Pretty sure he said that they try to make it fit the theme of the stories.
    Even if that is the case, the story is Death related which does not bode well for Tinker as a class.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll be quoting this in a few days
    Not going to answer the question at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    No one cares if you hate Tinkers.

The world doesn't revolve around you.

Can't wait to see the babyrage.
    ill stalk you on this forum for a week after blizzcon, qouting this post and laughing at you hysterically.

i invite you to do the same ofc if we tinkers do turn out to be coming.

Even if that is the case, the story is Death related which does not bode well for Tinker as a class.
    We need a special technology to get to the Shadowlands without actually dying or staying dead. This same technology helps us return from undeath, otherwise our souls would be against us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tinker is a good counter vs. Death. Necromancer, Dark Ranger and Death Knights are just tools of Death.

Tinker is a good counter vs. Death. Necromancer, Dark Ranger and Death Knights are just tools of Death.
    No, DK, DR, and Necro harness the powers of death they are not controlled by it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    We need a special technology to get to the Shadowlands without actually dying or staying dead. This same technology helps us return from undeath, otherwise our souls would be against us.
    Bolvar is that technology, Icecrown Citadel is a gateway between Azeroth and the Shadowlands, there is a reason it was built there and made of saronite.

Quote Originally Posted by the-italian-warrior View Post
    Guys face it... Dk were introduced in the right themed expansion, Monks and DH same!

Unless the next expansion is called Rise of Gnomeregan there will be no reasonable way to introduce this class.

Since everything head toward a more dark death themed exp i predict Necro or Dark rangers or whatever coherent with the theme, but not TINKERS!

Cheers
    let them keep dreaming

just like high elf crowd