Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I tried to get back into BFA but couldn't. The game is way too convoluted.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    This is another weak statement because it assumes that gaming trends haven't changed at all in the fifteen years that WoW's been around. FPS -- and shooters in general -- are more popular now than they ever have been in the past. MMOs, on the other hand, simply aren't. (There have been multiple triple-A shooters in the last five years. MMOs? You've got WoW and... that's pretty much it.)

It's a tough pill to swallow but some of WoW's popularity was due to it being the right game at the right time for the right audience. Yes, some of its popularity was due to its design but you can't credit 100% of its success solely to its design then turn around and attribute 100% of the resulting drop off with "worse design choices." The equation simply isn't that simple. Like I said in my initial response to you, we would have to know the exact reason every player quit WoW in order to trend design choices with subsequent subscriber losses. We never will know this information but we do have firsthand accounts from game developers who have seen this data and unsurprisingly design changes are pretty low on the list of reasons people really quit the game.
    That's simply just not true. If that were the case the newest CoD wouldn'tbe their best selling in 6 years, it would just be their best selling period. The fact that it's done really well, but not as good as others (not as good as Modern Warfare 2, for example), tells you at one point the franchise was perceived to be better, a better quality game, and then they had a downturn in that regard, but are picking back up again.

Also nice dodge on the one question I specifically asked you to answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus
    A thread about how hard it is being a white dude is not really a reasonable topic.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    This is another weak statement because it assumes that gaming trends haven't changed at all in the fifteen years that WoW's been around. FPS -- and shooters in general -- are more popular now than they ever have been in the past. MMOs, on the other hand, simply aren't. (There have been multiple triple-A shooters in the last five years. MMOs? You've got WoW and... that's pretty much it.)
    The sleeping on XIV is hilarious
    Insert cringe politically charged signature here

Nothing Preach ever says is correct, and is said simply to generate outrage and views (and hence more revenue for him.)

So why should we think this video is any different?
    Keep moving forward. - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    • We're removing all the shit you hate.
    People like and hate different things? So, who decides?
    Sealth [Cenarius] Priest

You, lfr and Hc only heroes could be mad / jealous @ preach for whatever reason, but that doesn't change the fact that he spoke the truth, the rap god way.
    And raging on forum won't change the fact that retail sistem are a massive mess
    c

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    Nothing Preach ever says is correct, and is said simply to generate outrage and views (and hence more revenue for him.)

What exactly constitutes him to ever ever not say anything that is correct in your mind? Because he sure aint flat out lying as far as I can see.

And well, it's a rethorical question, so don't answer it. The point is, you're another one of those ....... who do nothing other than bash a person for no real reason other than hate.

What I do wonder though, is where is this ... coming from? What did he do to you lot in the past? Hurt your precious freedom in some casual content or something? I just don't get it.

I want the examples, bring them out. These blanket statements are worth ZERO on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    How on earth is a gambling system wherein which we earn a piece more or less every 2 weeks better than tier, which was easier to earn?
    Yeah I don't get these people and what's going on in their heads either. Then again, it is hard to understand the minds of folks addicted to slot machines, who still go there, just to pull the lever while being flat near broke.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Sometimes I just want gear to be rare, and that's it.
    My problem with that is I don't want to be in content with people for fucking ever. So gear is more rare and dungeons can become a pushover with having gear.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

How on earth is a gambling system wherein which we earn a piece more or less every 2 weeks better than tier, which was easier to earn?
    Tier is easier to earn eh? Well i just didn't collect all my 5man tier gear from the previous expansions. my mistake

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huzzaa View Post
    What exactly constitutes him to ever ever not say anything that is correct in your mind? Because he sure aint flat out lying as far as I can see.

And well, it's a rethorical question, so don't answer it. The point is, you're another one of those ....... who do nothing other than bash a person for no real reason other than hate.

What I do wonder though, is where is this ... coming from? What did he do to you lot in the past? Hurt your precious freedom in some casual content or something? I just don't get it.

I want the examples, bring them out. These blanket statements are worth ZERO on their own.

Yeah I don't get these people and what's going on in their heads either. Then again, it is hard to understand the minds of folks addicted to slot machines, who still go there, just to pull the lever while being flat near broke.
    You and your entire raid got tier in y'alls first raid? Damn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    Tier is easier to earn eh? Well i just didn't collect all my 5man tier gear from the previous expansions. my mistake
    And... ????

Dude you are such an obvious troll at this point. Being lowiq and thinking about gambling system being a benefit only because of you doing 5 mans. It's still objectively worse than earning tier in raids and that's because players have more control, and when I say control, I don't mean some illusion. You do have control.

- - - Updated - - -

Bully! Nonfren! Truly a shun! :c

Don't be low iq. If people aren't enjoying the game, and the results are extremely evident, then something has to change. No matter who you are, I seriously doubt many like the systems bloat that are in the current games. This has been going on since WoD. Even for all the crap progression raiders get for liking Vanilla and TBC, the truth is we haven't had an actual TBC+ expansion ever. Wrath wasn't that, it was a different expansion that led to most of the issues we have today. You can say whatever you like but I like to think that many people liked those past games as shown by the recent success by classicwow.

Also you ignored how you were wrong about raidbots. I have doubts you even play in current game or care for your own dps performance.
    Unless you knwo every single player in the game right now and have asked for their opinion, you have no clue what they think of the systems. Also, classic is being gfued by massive nostalgia, so that doesn't prove anything.

That is major projection of your opinion that you are doing there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    The natural reaction to "not bothering with something" is to also not comment on it. I know people who disagree with Preach and that's that, they don't feel the need to quickly announce it on forums - while also insulting those who do. But you do you, continue "not bothering".
    I will comment when I want to comment. You are not the arbiter of how people act. This a forum for debate and discussion.Sorry, I don''t worship your hero the way you do.

Possibly because not everyone is so black and white in their thinking as to make ridiculous, sweeping generalisations.

It's a pretty cynical outlook to assume that a content creator doesn't ever express any genuine views because they're explicitly trying to monetise every single word.

His description of BfA's gearing system was spot on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Unless you knwo every single player in the game right now and have asked for their opinion, you have no clue what they think of the systems. Also, classic is being gfued by massive nostalgia, so that doesn't prove anything.

That is major projection of your opinion that you are doing there.
    Two months have passed for classic and the game is still doing very well. Lots of people are playing. I am 100% certain it exceeded Blizzard's expectations on it.

Two months have passed for classic and the game is still doing very well. Lots of people are playing. I am 100% certain it exceeded Blizzard's expectations on it.
    It did not. If you believe ANYTHING suprise blizzard decision making team you are naive. They dont take chances. Im pretty sure they were much aware how much backslash they get for Diablo Immortal or HK debate and they decided it is worth the money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Preach, being cynical as always. I for one am looking forward to the next expansion without setting unrealistic conditions for what they should remove or fix to "get me to play".

If the lore is good and the gameplay is fun, I'll enjoy the expansion.
    Hard to be positive in this climate. Trash gameplay invites evil to grow.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Monoxide View Post
    That's simply just not true. If that were the case the newest CoD wouldn'tbe their best selling in 6 years, it would just be their best selling period. The fact that it's done really well, but not as good as others (not as good as Modern Warfare 2, for example), tells you at one point the franchise was perceived to be better, a better quality game, and then they had a downturn in that regard, but are picking back up again.
    Forgive me for speaking in broad strokes but it's nearly impossible not to when discussing this topic. First off, you're comparing popularity of gaming trends over nearly two decades. That's a lot of time for anything and that holds especially true for video games. Think movies or cars. 15 years ago the fucking Pontiac Aztek was selling hand-over-first and 3D movies were super fucking cool. In 2004 (and through 2010), WoW flourished because at the time MMOs were very popular. (Yeah, I just called WoW the 2019 gaming equivalent of a Pontiac Aztek. Come at me, bro.) In the years following WoW's initial leaps in popularity, incredibly stupid amounts of money was invested into games like ESO and SWTOR to try and dethrone it. Ultimately these attempts failed but in their wake nobody has really bothered to try to dethrone WoW since. (Somebody mentioned FF:XIV but this game at its best is still a magnitude of three to five times less popular than WoW at its worst.) It's a great place for the game to exist currently but I refuse to believe it sits there because the devs made the wrong choices. I'll get into that in a bit because it builds off your other request that I intentionally ignored.

Also nice dodge on the one question I specifically asked you to answer.
    You implied I view Blizzard in a religious sense which is absolutely fucking ridiculous because 1.) I mentioned that I don't agree with all of their choices and 2.) my views are not that Blizzard can do no wrong, but rather that players have a tendency to make shitty arguments to support their distaste for the current design direction. One of the most common and infuriating arguments I see crop up on these forums is the one which you've insisted multiple times to be infallible. I'll give you credit where credit is due. Surface level, your argument is air tight. Game is good = popular; game is bad = less popular. But then you think about it and the whole fucking thing falls apart. If you'd, you know, read the article I linked you, you'd understand that in the grander scope of things, players generally do not quit games just because they dislike a certain design decision. And for a game that's been in development as long as WoW, the number of possible design changes that could have caused people to quit is so innumerable that it becomes idiotic to even try to articulate.

Was it transmog? Was it the LFG? Was it the LFR? Was it dailies? Was it the lack of dailies? Was it because the game catered too much to casuals? Was it because the game catered too much to raiders? Who fucking knows? And who cares? For most people, they just take one of any of these features, correlate it with sub losses and come to the ridiculously stupid conclusion that their individual issue with the game must have been the reason everybody else quit, too. In reality, most people just... quit. They put down the game and don't come back. Yeah. It's really that boring. And it doesn't make for very colorful conversation on message boards because you can't say shit like, "HERE'S A GRAPH THAT SHOWS HOW THE LFR RUINED THE GAME."

Cute.

This builds into what I was mentioning earlier. My defense of Blizzard isn't that I believe they can do no wrong. It's that I believe that developers in general need to be able to make decisions that are unpopular in echo chambers like this forum. If Blizzard listened to 100% of feedback from players the game would be a fucking disaster. Check any fucking thread. Christ, check out this fucking thread. Players can barely agree on anything. For every decision Blizzard makes there will be hundreds of players who look at it and say, "this is fucking awesome," and another drove of players who will say, "this is fucking stupid." Then you have debates like this where people on either side of the argument try to convince other people that their point of view is correct because reasons.

Game design is not (and should not be) a democratic process.

To that end, I believe that Blizzard has made changes to the game which have kept it as popular as it is. I don't agree with many of the changes but I accept that they were made to keep players engaged in the game so that the game is able to continue being developed. And I'm sorry, I fully believe that if Blizzard hadn't made these changes that this game would have gone the way every other major MMO in the past has gone. For better or for worse, this is the game we have and Blizzard deserves to be commended -- not admonished -- for being able to keep it around as long as they have.

Does that mean the bloated beast of a game that Preach decried in his video is God's gift to MMOs? No, it sure as fuck doesn't. But to say that the game "needs to go back to its roots" and use subscriber levels as support for this argument completely ignores the very real fact that the reason the game is the way that it is today is because gaming in 2019 is so very, very different than it was in 2004 through 2010. (Classic's recent success is still very short term and it remains to be seen what the long term effect will be.) There are constructive arguments to be had about what should be done with the game but I personally find arguments in support of bringing the game back to the way it was "when it was more popular" exceptionally weak because they ignore the reasons the game changed in the first place.

tl,dr - fuck attunements
    Last edited by Relapses; 2019-11-01 at 02:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    It did not. If you believe ANYTHING suprise blizzard decision making team you are naive. They dont take chances. Im pretty sure they were much aware how much backslash they get for Diablo Immortal or HK debate and they decided it is worth the money.
    Classic was announced two years ago. If they wanted more money, they should've released Classic a long time ago. They didn't. I promise: Either these guys are extremely prideful people for creating the best/successful mmo on the market and were going to stick to their guns on classic not being released, or actually opened their eyes and saw an actual demand for this kind of content.

Also no idea why you are saying it did not, It went way fucking up in twitch and lots of server pops are high with it. It's clearly doing well.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    I listened to his Tube cast and I was in agreement with most of his postulations (sorry.....I wanted to be the first to use the word today). BFA is a boring expansion for me.... maybe not for you. I liked his explanations of gearing in BFA and actually laughed. It is a complicated and unpredictable defecation display (shit show). I generally like his non screaming attitude and will continue to monitor his channel.

More revenue on a channel that is essentially demonetized....ok

it is threads like this that make me kind of happy that essentially all forums have just become a meme on his channel

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Metrox View Post
    I listened to his Tube cast and I was in agreement with most of his postulations (sorry.....I wanted to be the first to use the word today). BFA is a boring expansion for me.... maybe not for you. I liked his explanations of gearing in BFA and actually laughed. It is a complicated and unpredictable defecation display (shit show). I generally like his non screaming attitude and will continue to monitor his channel.
    but you don't understand everything he does is just outraged and he's so against blizzard and he just wants the game to die in actually I think that's most of what people say and I know some people say that he's a liar and a terrible player and everything but when you play on the highest difficulty of the game you have to understand the systems more than little Jimmy who is in LFR and if the systems are so complicated but at the same time get tossed out in the next patch for the next expansion it's really poor design and for some reason people see that as being negative

Like oh for some reason he hates the game but in reality the content that he does outside of the gearing system he's pretty positive about including this newest raid but say anything negative and well you do it just for money and clicks I feel like people get him confused with heels first baby face