Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I would agree OP, but they shifted their stance. Allied races are added post discovery and that makes the most sense. Like did it make sense for DKs to be trusted immediately at the start? Or Demon hunters? They were the enemy not even days before. Monks made sense because they simply introduced trainers so it was feasible they sent trainers out.
    Tech got a huge boost with a new energy source with BfA. Going into the next expac with tinkers isn't a huge jump.

If they keep their old philosophy, it'll be necromancers based off Diablo and wotlk. If not, it'll be tinkers.
    With like a 1% chance of dark rangers.

Tinkers are officially new High Elves

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Do you skip every expansion that doesn't have a new class?
    No? Did I say that? But instead of allied races or some other cool content, a tinker will come instead which is one of the more prominent features of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Demon Hunter = Night elven edgy Warlocks
    With swords or warglaives of course! Can't forget about that

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    By that logic Tinkers can just build the Azshara cannon, which is probably also quite resistant to Old god corruption, and blast some fucker like Nzoth out of existence.
    It seems someone did not set foot in Ulduar and find how Mimiron, a fully mechanical being and a Titan Watcher to boot, got corrupted by an Old God. I'm pretty sure a simple cannon would be child's play for an Old God.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Instead of fighting the Undead with what amounts to fuel for them (resurrecting whoever they kill) you could send in robots and mechs that when destroyed cannot be rezzed. It's really easy to come up with lore reasons for them. Just my speculation.
    But if "undeath" or "insanity" catches the mechs' pilots, wouldn't that amount to the same thing as the possessed pilot would just send his mech and/or robots against us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It seems someone did not set foot in Ulduar and find how Mimiron, a fully mechanical being and a Titan Watcher to boot, got corrupted by an Old God. I'm pretty sure a simple cannon would be child's play for an Old God.
    According to the wiki Mimiron is a titanic watcher spirit inside a Mechagnome body. Emphasize on spirit. So as long as tinkers don't put the souls of dead babies into their turrets I think we're gonna be safe here.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvager23 View Post
    So will new lands, new gear, new raids, and other features.

The game is lacking a steam punk based class, but it has a lot of shadow-based classes. I think people should be willing to open up to some different concepts.
    Unless they add some unbelievable new lands,gear and raids... I would come back if it's something else other than Tinker, at least that will give me something to do and quest to max level. You get me?
    Last edited by Deventh; 2019-10-31 at 04:09 PM.

Yeah well nightborne and highmountain allied races weren't particularly BFA themed but we still got them as technically part of that expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

"REEEEEEE STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE"

Good thread, OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Yeah well nightborne and highmountain allied races weren't particularly BFA themed but we still got them as technically part of that expansion.
    Isn't that wrong? We got them in Legion's last patch. So, technically, they were part of Legion, not BFA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the-italian-warrior View Post
    Guys face it... Dk were introduced in the right themed expansion, Monks and DH same!

Unless the next expansion is called Rise of Gnomeregan there will be no reasonable way to introduce this class.

Since everything head toward a more dark death themed exp i predict Necro or Dark rangers or whatever coherent with the theme, but not TINKERS!

Cheers
    what if they announce both?

Now THAT would be impressive.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    what if they announce both?

Now THAT would be impressive.
    The good ol' days where we would get 2 new things like in MoP.... a race and a class. Where is that Blizzard now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    The good ol' days where we would get 2 new things like in MoP.... a race and a class. Where is that Blizzard now?
    To be fair, they only had to design one race as opposed to the usual 2.

But yeah... I agree! So...

Where you at Blizz? Step up!
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    all dey gotta do is to make some mecha-zone, add some mecha-story and done = it fits. Yeah, we are getting tinkers.
    We killed lots of mecha-gnomes. They're going to get raised by the Lich King as mecha-ghouls.

Tadaaaaa
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    According to the wiki Mimiron is a titanic watcher spirit inside a Mechagnome body. Emphasize on spirit. So as long as tinkers don't put the souls of dead babies into their turrets I think we're gonna be safe here.
    As safe as standing next to a ticking time bomb.

Because machines need pilots. Pilots are living beings. Living beings that are just as susceptible to the powers of "undeath" and "insanity" as any warrior, mage, paladin, warlock, etc.

Control the "breathing, sentient" character controlling the "souless turrets" and we'll have the aforementioned "souless turrets" attacking us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Well Dark Ranger is not a class. Ranger is a class.

Dark Ranger = Forsaken Ranger
    What awful, false logic.

Edit, from the RPG: "Angered by this development, she turned to the arts that were becoming more and more natural to her: Necromancy. She altered her elven ranger teachings into a new form. Thus, the dark rangers were born"

They use a different skill set/abilities.
    Last edited by Armakus; 2019-10-31 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nysisyn View Post
    Tinker is coming !

Even if tinker do not fit the theme... Tinker make sense while necro and dark ranger do not because they overlap with existing class & spec

And we are not 100% sure next expansion is death themed ONLY
    As do priests and Paladins, Warlocks and Demon Hunters, Hunters and Druids or Shamans and Monks. And we are 100% sure that it will not be gnome themed, as the good team hast do deliver now after the trash team fucked everything up with BfA.

Dark Rangers and Necromancers are iconic classes with a badass and heroic theme, while tinkers are basically using weak ass crap gadgets because they tend to be too pathetic or worthless to wield any form of magical powers, so why should anyone want to play the class that is too pathetic to have any power on its own?

Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    What awful, false logic.

Edit, from the RPG: "Angered by this development, she turned to the arts that were becoming more and more natural to her: Necromancy. She altered her elven ranger teachings into a new form. Thus, the dark rangers were born"

They use a different skill set/abilities.
    The point is that only the forsaken/undead race can be Dark Rangers. And most Dark Rangers are Undead of Elven origin, which is currently not a playable race in the game. Especially not for the Alliance. You cannot be a Orc Dark Ranger or a Blood Elf Dark Ranger... you can only be a Forsaken Dark Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    The point is that only the forsaken/undead race can be Dark Rangers. And most Dark Rangers are Undead of Elven origin, which is currently not a playable race in the game. Especially not for the Alliance. You cannot be a Orc Dark Ranger or a Blood Elf Dark Ranger... you can only be a Forsaken Dark Ranger.
    I foresee Sylvanas becoming a neutral party that will then train a new generation of Dark Rangers - out of dead elves and void elves, for example.

I honestly doubt we are going to get Tinkers.. i really just wish they would focus on making our current classes perfect before adding anymore ((