Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    my leaks can confirm this is fake
    Everything else this dude has predicted has come true so... I'm going to go with him.

Tomorrow can't come soon enough!

I kinda dont believe they will make it this time. The age of wonders is over, now is the age of homogenization, simplicity and mythic+\portal+\whatever+ runs. I was so hyped for D3, since I spent many good years in D2 only to quit the game in several months

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Because teeth kicked in implies a game is better and outsold it, but its the best modern isometric arpg on the market. So who kicked its teeth in?
    whatever dude .. if you think just because D3 sold so many units that its better then poe so be it ... but atleast people with braincells still at work realize that D3 sales just did well because of the franchise name and the huge love for D2 and whats your obsession with teeth kicked? go and enjoy your "best" lol arpg on the market while DD3 died 5 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    I didn't say you were wrong. I was merely pointing out that every game with more than 1 stats pretty much boils down to people having to look up guides. And in the end I happened to agree with your sentiment that PoE is kinda extreme in that regard.
    I was just pointing out it was worded weirdly I guess. Seemed like you were hard pressed to show "some" disagreement.

And I think it's a good thing that PoE goes further than D3 in that regard. Which is also just my opinion.
    The previous thing wasn't worded as an opinion from my perspective. I mean you responded to a quote of me saying "I don't like X" with "Yeah, but other people do."

Maybe I took it out of context. I don't know. Seemed pretty argumentative to me.

So does PoE if you just look carefully enough. PoE has like hundreds of possible builds, just because the most popular builds boil down to movement skill + left click doesn't mean all of them do. a lot of the current top performing builds use more than 1 ability - be it ED/Contagion, Trappers, Summoners, Brand or Orb builds... you just have to want to use them. This is not an opinion, this is a fact.
    I mean I've generally asked the community every so often if there are any builds that don't solely focus on one skill. Never got an answer close to yours so I don't know what to tell ya. Also, I don't know about any other of those builds, but I did try lighting trapper saboteur. From what I've seen and played, it's a one button centered build. So did you mean generally trappers, or more specific ones?

Oh of course it'll be more convenient in the long run... but it's just not true. Like I said, if you want to play several Duelist builds on a regular basis, then yes, releveling is more than likely the way to go. But if you just wanna start out as Duelist A, then later move to Duelist B and then later to Duelist C... there's absolutely no reason to relevel a character. You don't need to 'currency' farm for that. Doing like 10 maps and just picking up what you'd normally pick up anyways gives you enough currency to respec your whole character. No farming, just playing the game and by the time you'll hit maps you'll probably already have enough Regrets to respec once.
    Oh I know it gives enough for one respec through the story. I've heard that much. But I toy with specs regularly. Generally what you've described sounds dumb to me. A currency for respecing that is. It fuels the need to follow a build guide among other things.

Didn't say anything like that. Just said that Diablo was just as stingy as PoE in the beginning - iirc you were given like a max of 4 Stash tabs in the beginning and they only upgraded that to a measly 5 if you bought RoS 2 years later.

A Stah Tab bundle in PoE costs 150 points, meaning 15 bucks and gives you like 6 additional stash tabs (+ 4 baseline). If you decide to pay like another 20 bucks or so you could also get a currency tab (which will forever solve your currency problems (something D3 refused to implemented for like 3 years)) and a map tab to forever solve your map issues. Additionally you can half these prices because there's a 50% stash tab sale basically every 4th weekend or so.

Yes, D3 didn't have MTX stah tabs... instead they just didn't give you any option to upgrade at all. Until RoS came, at which point you could buy a whole new expansion for 1 more tab. Later they decided to give out like 5 more (over the course of like 2 years) and then you could get 1 or 2 more when you bought the Necro DLC.

Point is, D4 might very well just go the route of PoE and sell these to you.
    Ah, well yeah I agree on the D3 stingy part.

And if D4 goes that route you describe, I will dislike that choice. I don't believe stash space should be a MTX in an ARPG or loot hoarding genres in general. I view it the same as P2W stuff in other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Great. And those were just my 2 cents on it
    Looked like you were implying I was wrong for having those some of those opinions, rather than just giving 2 cents, but if that's the case so be it. If I seemed "sassy" I apologize. Was left over sass from the other guy that was definitely saying I can't have those opinions

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    Oh my bad. I'll go force myself to have fun in PoE then. /s

But if you want an actual answer to why I dislike the game rather than antagonize me further here's a list:

- Horribly unfriendly to new players.
    - Literal one skill spam is the focus of all builds. At least with D3, there are opportunities to break out of that mold.
    - Generally accepted that its better to reroll a character than to respec one.
    - Stash tabs are bought with real money. And I'm a hoarder by nature.
    - Path of Exile looks ugly to me. Like really ugly. Hate the UI design, and hate the aesthetic.
    - Clunky combat

By all means disagree with any of the above. I ain't stopping you. But this is why I hate it.
    ya unfriendly to new players who don't have a basic understanding of arpg...
    there we see you didn't play PoE at all .. sure there are builds out there where u just spam 1 skill but there are also builds which utilize all hotkeyes .. and btw the same could be said about d3

i don't see why this reroll thing is even a problem since its up to YOU if u wanna put some currency into it to respec or put time into it to reroll..

so because YOU are a hoarder its the games fault kk

looks are subjective as for me i hate D3 comic look and nowhere near as dark as D2 was

clunky combat is the only thing i agree with you there are only a small amount of builds in PoE where combat actually feels fluid for others you have to invest into ias/ms to come close

i may come over as an asshole but thats just because people who didn't tokk the time to actually play poe just try to bash it while they have the pink glasses on for D3 while D3 has sooo many issues going for itself

D4 will not have to compete with PoE and the like because it wont be the same. They're planning something bigger. Else they would have shown off what they had last year. Also I think they're doing D2 remastered for a buffer between their new diablo style and hardcore fans so people dont lose their minds. It wont be a top down dungeon crawler. My bet is on the Action RPG God of War style game. But this is just my personal speculation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Dude, if they can nail Diablo 4 and be as good as the Path of Exiles team, then I have high hopes for the game.
    Especially if they even have proper PVP in the game
    Why the fuck have so many people such a hardone for fucking pvp?

In fucking diablo where it´s stupid as fuck?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    O nu, the "game that has no revenue outside of box sales has no new content outside of some small free updates and a paid DLC" argument again... And the only thing PoE is better than D3 at is monetizing themselves. Honestly I tried to like that game, tried to play it in 3 different seasons and I never got farther than lvl 40. Didn't even finish the main story, it's just fucking boring and overly complex for no real reason other than to be complex. There are no meaningful choices to be made in that shitty talent tree, that you can't make in diablo 3 with their rune system. And don't get me started about itemziation lol. Getting a legendary at level 50 that is best in slot for a build is shitty itemization in my book, not a +, you're basically locked to that item for the rest of the game. so exciting.
    o nu "the game is complex while its actually not and im a casual who never reached even the 2nd half of the story" argument again .. i atleast played the "endgame" of D3 before i hated on it and even if PoE was soo complex atleast its not braindead as D3 is .. slap set on and literally everything besides high grifts is obsolete nice design there. and that a D3 lover talks about bad itemization don't make me laugh .. a constant issue that is coming up even for D3 players is itemizastion .. just slap xxx% more dmg for xxx on every unique sure is soo much better then actually depth and it also seems you have no idea of poe itemisation since your scenario with a lvl 50 unique being bis is 1 out of 100 builds ... but hey someone who doesn't rly play poe and thinks its to complicated ofc has to come up with such bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    i dont want it only to be 4 players, it needs to be mroe players more open
    I agreed, I'm more of solo player, I barely play with other people on D3. I'd rather to keep it that way in D4 as well.

We need more single player games. Diablo series is good for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post

I found PvP in D2 to be horrible. It was basically whoever hit first win.
    Last edited by DTJames; 2019-10-31 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post

PvP was a huge fucking deal on Diablo 2 Hardcore. And i mean HUGE.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Ah so again pvp is only for a few and when it´s designed then all the others have to fear the "balance"patches bcs of it, got it.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    But it was built by the community unless you had a lot of skill, knowledge and items you typically got one shot. Now of days if stuff wasnt balanced to last, people would complain. Diablo 2 PVP was amazing but unless you were top tier and knew what was what you got instant killed.

People would ask for way to much in 2019 for PvP it wouldnt be the amazing community built thing we had back in d2

If they isolated china to Diablo Immortal so they could take a darker path for NA with Diablo 4 then I'm all for it. Let the chinese have their mictrotransaction filled shitty mobile game so we can have our fully fleshed out game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    In terms of what? I like the class flexibility and the flavors of the seasons but that's about it. That skill tree is garbage, it looks awful, and it is clunky as fuck. Not to mention boring as fuck to get to the end game where everyone tells me it gets good. Last time I tried on the Delve season, I finished what I thought was the slog, inky to end back on the original beach and have to go through all that shit once more before getting to the end.

Say what you will about D3, at least you can get to endgame rather quickly and it is butterly smooth. I do hope that take some pointers from PoE and the like though.
    Path of exiles end game is getting to the end of the game with that character... The max level for your character is however far your skills allow you to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    To state this correctly. If diablo 4 is a failure, lost ark online will overrun blizzard. Since that game has been in good development before it released to europe.

I feel the need to respond to all this madness

First off POE is a good game, but imo it has a weird learning curve and just never felt satisfying to me.

Second off Grim Dawn felt way more "diablo" then even diablo 3, but again it just didn't feel right to me.

Both of those games honestly felt like work to get through. I didn't enjoy my playthroughs. Yes they did things right, but if you want diablo well then diablo is the only cure to the itch.

Diablo one was fantastic, diablo 2 improved everything, diablo 3 felt super casual (even the higher difficulties at launch were not much of a challange) RoS fixed a lot, but I think for most it wasnt enough.

Diablo 3 is hardly a dead game though. People still enjoy it, honestly I think most people that bash it enjoy it. It's just the cool thing to bash everything now a days.

Let's talk about diablo 4 though

I do feel it needs a better darker atmosphere, a new engine would go a long way. The graphics from 3 even with corpses and what not just didn't feel gothic.

I want star allocation (and I don't buy the "viable builds are all the same so we got rid of it") I get it, every RPG has top builds, but some of the fun is going off the rails, it may not be viable, but it is fun.

Skill trees! I love having multiple abilities at the ready but they did the same thing they did to skill points. Give me 3-6 hot keys, but also allow me to pick from 3 skill trees with skills and passives. I want to mix and match and be able to upgrade things I enjoy.

Classes are hard to adjust at this point, across the games we have most of the "normal" classes accounted for.

I would enjoy a more hybrid class, or hell remove classes. Give us a combat/magic/defense skill tree so we can make our character whatever we want. Could even do sub classes as a reward for investing x amount of points into a single/double tree. You put your points into magic BOOM necromancy skills open, you do a mix of magic/combat BOOM druid skills. Etc

Bring back trading and lower legendary drops. I don't want my drops specific to my class. I want to feel excited when it's an upgrade, and I want to feel excited when it's not because I can now trade for something. You know build a fun community so we can all be social and end up hating each other.

Overall I'm on the hype train, I will always be on the hype train.

Looking at his precious leaks.are reddit he seems to be right. So this may be correct info. I hope they show gameplay and it doesnt come out 3 to 4 years from now lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    I mean I've generally asked the community every so often if there are any builds that don't solely focus on one skill. Never got an answer close to yours so I don't know what to tell ya. Also, I don't know about any other of those builds, but I did try lighting trapper saboteur. From what I've seen and played, it's a one button centered build. So did you mean generally trappers, or more specific ones?
    That's the beauty about PoE, no one build is like the other... unless you make an exact copy of someone's build that is. Especially Traps, Mines and Minions can be build in soooooooooooooo many ways it's ridiculous. Sure, most of the time you'll come across builds that only boil down to 1 button - but that's because the vast majority of the PoE community seems to prefer these kinds of builds (me included). I tried a VD summoner this season because I've never done that before, my rotation involved constantly keeping up a 6s defensive buff, a 10s buff on me and my minions, I constantly had to summon corpses and manually explode them, all while also psamming movement skills like stupid - I got to T15 without any problems whatsoever... but I wanted to fucking shoot myself because it was just way too much maintenance. In the end I decided to swap over to Cast on Critical Strike to take 2 buttons out of my rotation - that didn't make me better, it just made it more convenient / more relaxing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if it's a leak as such, it's more like stuff that's been seen/mentioned previously repurposed into one. E.g. Darker style mentioned in the previous news about it being worked on, classes used before, Co-Op and Lilith being mentioned in art book previews. The only new things are PvP and additional actions which the "leaker" isn't even sure about.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

7+ Year Old Account
    Mood and atmosphere is about art style not amount of corpses on ground. Problem with D3 is very simple: it's cartoony art style, grim one but still a cartoon that fits blizzard's art like wow, sc, hots and overwatch.
    To make D4 work they need to drop Blizzard's style, I'm not sure they can.
    oh and apply modern textures and shadering not brush painted style textures