Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Camelboy View Post
    They use pandaren rig and animations.
    No, they don't. You are wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarletKnives View Post
    I would want the Allied races to be removed on 9.0.

The main point of them was recruiting them for the Alliance-Horde war and being a feature of BfA. With BfA gone, they would feel... pointless, and even cringy.

Of course, players who unlocked them can keep them... Im sure a majority of players will disagree with me, but lets be realistic, whats the place of Highmountain Taurens, Void Elves, Lightforged Draenei, Vulperas or Kul Tirans on 9.0? I excluded the other races because they would make sense, even the awfully looking mechagnomes.
    Not sure how new races are cringy. It makes sense even more so in a post war world to discover new allies, as your efforts are no longer focused on sustaining a war machine and can be more focused on discovery. Also allied races typically add nothing negative to the game. They allow players who want them to get some variation. Now of course min\maxers are going to bitch about a grind to get 1-2% more damage, but those same players will complain when there is nothing to strive for...so screw them.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

The main point of them was recruiting them for the Alliance-Horde war and being a feature of BfA. With BfA gone, they would feel... pointless, and even cringy.

Of course, players who unlocked them can keep them... Im sure a majority of players will disagree with me, but lets be realistic, whats the place of Highmountain Taurens, Void Elves, Lightforged Draenei, Vulperas or Kul Tirans on 9.0? I excluded the other races because they would make sense, even the awfully looking mechagnomes.
    With that logic shouldn't DKs and DHs be removed? What's their place after defeating the Lich King or hunting the demon leaders?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The same argument could be made for Death Knights and Demon Hunters. They fullfilled their purpose so they should be removed from the game.

That’s because Pandaren don’t really exist. This whole time they have been Kul Tirans in costumes trying to hide!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    In the future of Allied races I can see Vrykul...
    Thats my favorite race next to san layn... so if either of those become playable.. damn nerdgasm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god. No they do not. They have unique animations, they do NOT use the Pandaren animations at all.

If you don't know what you're talking about, don't talk.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by HoodKazekage View Post
    So up until now I'm sure a lot of us thought that allied races were only limited to recolored skins of already pre established races which sucked but was fair so that neither faction would get a new race... Enter the Vulpera, I'm actually really confused by this move as it is the first new race "allied race", which I'm sure already has the alliance mad. The Horde gets a brand new race and the Alliance gets mecha gnomes which are just normal gnomes with a few extra customization options.

Any who, now that we know allied races are not just limited to re-skins what do you guys think the final allied race will be?
    Allied races just means re-used assets - usually rigs, as they are the most expensive to create. Vulpera use Goblin rigs.

The exception, of course, is Kul Tiran - but they were not intended to be this way. Originally they used a very slightly modified Pandaren rig, but they ended up having to scrap it and create a new one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Oh my god. No they do not. They have unique animations, they do NOT use the Pandaren animations at all.

If you don't know what you're talking about, don't talk.
    They do not, but they were originally intended to, which is why I don't really consider them to "break the rules" of allied races re-using assets.

Give me San'layn. But probably we will get marble undead.

So up until now I'm sure a lot of us thought that allied races were only limited to recolored skins of already pre established races which sucked but was fair so that neither faction would get a new race... Enter the Vulpera, I'm actually really confused by this move as it is the first new race "allied race", which I'm sure already has the alliance mad. The Horde gets a brand new race and the Alliance gets mecha gnomes which are just normal gnomes with a few extra customization options.

Any who, now that we know allied races are not just limited to re-skins what do you guys think the final allied race will be?
    The problem is that you, and alot of people on these forums, put arbitrary rules on the Allied Races based on the previous pattern. Blizzard has never said that AR need to be reskins or related races. Now, they have so far, but that doesn't mean that they always will be. People use this to argue that Ogres could never be an Allied Race. That's just a bunch of bunk. It gets really old hearing "experts" on the forum claim that a theory breaks a rule that Blizzard never even mentioned. It's like people saying that there will to be a new class with this expansion because there's usually one every other expansion. Past experience only provides clues to what the future will bring. However, Blizzard can always change up how things are done. There are no rules with things like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    They do not, but they were originally intended to, which is why I don't really consider them to "break the rules" of allied races re-using assets.
    According to whom, exactly? I follow the Blizzard Q&As/art/technical posts pretty religiously and I've never seen them so much as hint at 'well we were originally going to just reuse panda animations but we decided to do all new'. That's the opposite of cutting corners.

I won't go so far as to say 'THEY NEVER SAID THAT!' because I'm not privy to every conversation they have, but for as long as they've been in BFA (including alpha/beta) the KTs have had the animations we see now - just with varying degrees of less polish. At no point in the test-able client did they have pandaren animations. They have completely different proportions and pandaren animations are highly stylized and influenced by Asian cultures, so unless you have a source where a Blizzard employee directly said that, I don't buy it. Sounds like something where someone was proven wrong and now they're rebutting with 'yeah well okay, but they were supposed to use them!'

Even Blizz cites their unique set of animations as the primary reason it took so long for us to get them.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2019-10-31 at 06:01 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    what gold eye reskin? Sanlyan would have worked as the belf AR if the belf AR didnt go alliance and nightborne went alliance over horde as the nelf AR.
    Oh boy. Do you really believe that the races will be getting just 1 of each allied race to them? Sweet summer child....

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty convinced the last horde AR is some kind of fresh looking or light raised undead, but what's the Worgen one? Sethrak, Dragonmen, those tiger dudes all share the Worgen skeleton, and Sethrak is part of the BfA story arc, but they haven't been mentioned in a serious fashion since the initial patch.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Horde: Light Undead

Alliance: Draconic Men from the Dragon Isles that use the Worgen rig. (Lost alliance soldiers who were changed by the magics of the isles) channeling my inner Metzen here.

Pre bonus races for 9.0.
    Good idea. Might I recommend you check out the thread in my signature? (;

I just don't want anymore animal races. As of Vulpera, beastfolk have overstayed their welcome. They should have added Furbolgs and/or Tuskarr but it's too late now, they filled the anthropomorphism quota. (in my opinion)

Ethereals.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Nightborne kinda disproved allied races being necessarily just recolors already, not to mention Zandalari and Kultirans; the former has a lot of unique animations, the latter is a completely unique rig
    The Nightborne didnt disprove anything, what I'm trying to say is that Vulpera are the first race that isn't in fact just another subrace/offshoot of an already existing core race(in this case NE), but a completely new race that isn't lorewise tied to any of the other playable races.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    No? They're their own skeleton.
    Again we are not talking about skeleton or rigs but more the RACE. Fat human skinny human are still human.

- - - Updated - - -

They brought them in for more then just the war against the Horde/Alliance but also for the greater threats (old gods etc..) And by that logic every race added to the alliance was brought in for something

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    Allied races just means re-used assets - usually rigs, as they are the most expensive to create. Vulpera use Goblin rigs.

The exception, of course, is Kul Tiran - but they were not intended to be this way. Originally they used a very slightly modified Pandaren rig, but they ended up having to scrap it and create a new one.

- - - Updated - - -

Again... We are not discussing Skeletons or Rigs, This is about the RACE.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    The problem is that you, and alot of people on these forums, put arbitrary rules on the Allied Races based on the previous pattern. Blizzard has never said that AR need to be reskins or related races. Now, they have so far, but that doesn't mean that they always will be. People use this to argue that Ogres could never be an Allied Race. That's just a bunch of bunk. It gets really old hearing "experts" on the forum claim that a theory breaks a rule that Blizzard never even mentioned. It's like people saying that there will to be a new class with this expansion because there's usually one every other expansion. Past experience only provides clues to what the future will bring. However, Blizzard can always change up how things are done. There are no rules with things like this.
    Friend I think we're on the same side, please re read what I said, I am not saying that there is rules, I am saying now that we know that there isn't any rules what do you guys think the next race will be

Quote Originally Posted by Hallowseve97 View Post
    I remain optimistic and hopeful that we will one day get to play "already established" allied races.
    *Heavy breathing* Are my dream of a Tuskar priest imminent?!

Again we are not talking about skeleton or rigs but more the RACE. Fat human skinny human are still human.
    Okay? And? The person I replied to said Pandaren share the same rig as Kul Tiran which I told him that was wrong. I wasn't talking about race.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Pretty convinced the last horde AR is some kind of fresh looking or light raised undead, but what's the Worgen one? Sethrak, Dragonmen, those tiger dudes all share the Worgen skeleton, and Sethrak is part of the BfA story arc, but they haven't been mentioned in a serious fashion since the initial patch.
    Yeah lightforged undead would be a big one, also yeah i love those tiger dudes

Hahaha! Get it? Cause they're both "fat" races! Hahaha! So funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    No? They're their own skeleton.

Actually they are modified Ogre rig from WoD
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?