Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Harisun View Post
    It's a fantasy. They could make tinkers work in almost any scenario.

I really hope we get Tinkers.

Plus, by the looks of WC3: Reforged with it's new lore to tightly tie into WoW... looks like we might be getting them thank god!
    Lemme guess, you’re one of those that make it “make sense” by making the lore be “tinkers now hold the blueprints of titanic creation and azerite therefore the ultimate weakness to the void lords”.

Well, here’s the thing... don’t ya think the titans themselves would have dealt with the void lords.

Or are you one of those guys that are like “tinkers now use azerite wmds and able to fend of the scourge, killing them permanently.”

Well, we’ve fought the lich king and his minions without the aid of tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    They are tools of the power, they need them or they have nothing. Didn't say it was controlling them¨.

Bolvar is no technology. Icecrown is not a gateway but another siphon upon the realm of the dead. As for the saronite part, maybe because it was something that was everywhere there..
    Bwonsamdi says the throne is a gateway to the Shadowlands, there has to be a reason it is a gateway. My guess is either a Titan Facility underneath and or a Dragon Aspect Portal for an Death Dragon aspect which would make sense since all other things are represented.

If there is a Death Aspect I am guessing they are part of the Shadowlands itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    That's ridiculous, they're completely different. SI:7 use the same abilities as rogues, and KorKron as warriors, while in WC3 and in-game Dark Rangers have a different set of abilities. That's like saying we could never get Death knights because Death Knights are all undead - yet here we are with playable death knights of all the races. It would be incredibly easy for them to say that some champions chose to become Dark Rangers instead of Death Knights, if Bolvar raises more undead or some such bullshit.

Look, I'm saying all of this as someone who doesn't expect there to ever be a Dark Ranger class in the game - I just think it's dumb to say it'll "never happen". People were saying that Demon Hunters would never happen because Metamorphasis was given to Warlocks - yet here we are. A lot of hunter abilities such as Black arrow, etc. started as Dark Ranger abilities but were given to hunters as they were the best fit in the game at the time. They could easily create a new Dark Ranger class.

- - - Updated - - -

I see no reason you couldn't be a Dark Ranger of another race - that's like saying only Forsaken could be Death Knights - read my above post
    What "abilities" have you seen them use?

The Dark Rangers are simply "Rangers". And their displayed skill set reflects that. They shoot arrows, hide in the shadows, if you want to count the 2 rogues that attacked Thrall and Saurfang as Dark Rangers that just adds more to them being an organization and not a specific "class".
    SI:7 is an intelligence organization, they have scouts, rogues, hunter like people, etc... Anything that helps their mission, specifically recon, much like the Dark Rangers.
    Kor'Kron are the elite Horde Guard, they aren't all warriors, Former leaders include Priests, Paladins, Mages, etc...

Death Knights have never been exclusive to any "race" and being undead is just apart of being a DK. The original DKs were Orcs places in human bodies. But there is a common theme to DKs, and Death Knights aren't in a group called the Death Knights, they are members in the Knights of the Ebon Blade. Would you make a class called Knight of the EB?

And more to your second paragraphs point, I'm not saying that there will never be a "Dark Ranger" class. I'm saying they are essentially already in the game, unless you want Blizz to make a new role and add new abilities that the current Dark Rangers simply don't have and have never displayed. I understand that they've expanded a bit on Sylvanas recently, but if you want a "Banshee" spec (which I would consider Sylvanas and her abilities), that would fit better under a Lich class which would include Necromancer as a spec.

I've discussed this in other threads about Dark Rangers, there is this misconception of a skill set that they have that doesn't really fit what we've seen in the game. IF, and this is the big IF, you were to put a spec in the game that is this misconception of a Dark Ranger, they are closer to a Rogue spec than anything else. They'd be a stealth based class, I'm assuming with ranged openers and close in skills/rotation. Would likely be very similar to Sub rogue.
    BUT if we are going by what exactly a Dark Ranger is, they are already in the game, you can either make a Blood Elf Hunter or an Undead Hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Bwonsamdi says the throne is a gateway to the Shadowlands, there has to be a reason it is a gateway. My guess is either a Titan Facility underneath and or a Dragon Aspect Portal for an Death Dragon aspect which would make sense since all other things are represented.

If there is a Death Aspect I am guessing they are part of the Shadowlands itself.
    Ah, but if there is a Death aspect, then I don't even think the champions of death has much chance..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by brt2pp View Post
    blizzard literally said they have waited with demon hutners for so long because they were waiting for right themed expansion to introduce them

also, meme class based on meme race would be goddamn terrible, please can we all go back to pre-bfa state of lore where gnomes were preety much in their own little bubble of irrelevance ?
    Tinkers aren't meme class.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

It won't happen but I honest to god wish they'd take the idea of a tinker and throw it in the hot garbage where it belongs.

But alas we're probably going to be relegated to put up with this class until the bitter end.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    I dont think they'll care.
    I doubt i'd be the only one, but someone has to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Not going to answer the question at all?
    I'll be answering that in a few days.*
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the-italian-warrior View Post
    Guys face it... Dk were introduced in the right themed expansion, Monks and DH same!

Unless the next expansion is called Rise of Gnomeregan there will be no reasonable way to introduce this class.

Since everything head toward a more dark death themed exp i predict Necro or Dark rangers or whatever coherent with the theme, but not TINKERS!

Cheers
    How about away with your alt account creating to save your ass tinker hating posts?

Tinker would actually be a useful addition unlike Emo Marksman or Cloth Unholy classes.

Quote Originally Posted by the-italian-warrior View Post
    Guys face it... Dk were introduced in the right themed expansion, Monks and DH same!

Unless the next expansion is called Rise of Gnomeregan there will be no reasonable way to introduce this class.

Since everything head toward a more dark death themed exp i predict Necro or Dark rangers or whatever coherent with the theme, but not TINKERS!

Cheers
    No worries mate, Blizzard is surely aware that tinkers as a class would destroy WoW as an epic game and reduce it to some silly mambo jumbo. I don't think they'd be able to cover server costs with subs if they introduced such atrocity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ping-pong View Post
    No worries mate, Blizzard is surely aware that tinkers as a class would destroy WoW as an epic game and reduce it to some silly mambo jumbo. I don't think they'd be able to cover server costs with subs if they introduced such atrocity.
    I take it you've never played WoW in your life...you talk like someone who has never even watched WoW be played.

Plus I'm sure you also ignore that Tinker has always beaten out Dark Ranger and Necromancer when someone posts a poll about which class people want most on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Lemme guess, you’re one of those that make it “make sense” by making the lore be “tinkers now hold the blueprints of titanic creation and azerite therefore the ultimate weakness to the void lords”.

Well, here’s the thing... don’t ya think the titans themselves would have dealt with the void lords.

Or are you one of those guys that are like “tinkers now use azerite wmds and able to fend of the scourge, killing them permanently.”

Well, we’ve fought the lich king and his minions without the aid of tinkers.
    Neither. I just hope we get Tinkers and Blizzard can make it work if they wanted to. In any scenario.

Case closed

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Considering the undead's strength is in turning their enemy into their own I think machines would be perfect to combat them. You can't resurrect them so slowly the undead numbers would go down.
    The level of reaching from the tinkerboi fans has been the best part of this thread really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    If they think tinkers are the class that will add the most to the game, that's more than reason enough. Tinkers have existed since before WC3, and the leaders of both gnomes and goblins are both definitely tinkers. Why would there need to be a bigger tie-in than that? Should they put in a bunch of effort to create something to match the theme of the new expansion at the expense of a unique, well established, and highly requested class that they already have concepts for? That just doesn't make sense.
    Putting in effort to make things make sense does make the game better yes. How you and others keep questioning that is beyond me.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Dark Ranger, Necromancer, and Witch Doctor have all essentially been cannibalized for the classes that already exist. "Dragonsworn" doesn't really have any real basis in the lore. It only exists in the non-canon WoW RPG.

Tinker is one of the few classes left with substantial history in the lore, and also the capacity to be unique enough and interesting to be a new class.
    Last edited by Teekey; 2019-11-01 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Putting in effort to make things make sense does make the game better yes. How you and others keep questioning that is beyond me.
    Explain specifically what doesn't make sense. What is this issue that is so important that it should determine their decision?

Quote Originally Posted by nysisyn View Post
    Tinker is coming !

Even if tinker do not fit the theme... Tinker make sense while necro and dark ranger do not because they overlap with existing class & spec

And we are not 100% sure next expansion is death themed ONLY
    lol, tinkers are the new gnome skins, thats all, face it.

Life is not a linear sequence. Grow up.

The theme methodology is not sustainable long term. It would end up repeating the same ones. As enemies in WoW are Fel, void and death, and all their fantasies are already represented in-game. Monk and Pandaria were the exception. You don't have continents like that left, to say it's the fantasy. The theme of Pandaria ended up being the void/old gods, just like BfA.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-11-01 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Life is not a linear sequence. Grow up.

The theme methodology is not sustainable long term. It would end up repeating the same ones. As enemies in WoW are Fel, void and death, and all their fantasies are already represented in-game. Monk and Pandaria were the exception. You don't have continents like that left, to say it's the fantasy. The theme of Pandaria ended up being the void.
    I think its also important to mention that the Shadowlands isn't just going to be a land filled with death, its going to be running multiple themes, like the Dragon isles which contains Old God and Titan ruins and facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    The level of reaching from the tinkerboi fans has been the best part of this thread really.
    It's called speculation and discussion, something you seem not wanting to do considering you'll insult anyone that thinks differently than you.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Oh boy I can't wait for blizzcon, for the amount of butthurt alone It would be worth adding tinker, even if class gameplay would suck.