Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    I can say at least for me it's definitely not a class I would play on much. I'd try it out for a little bit but then I'd most likely get bored and just go back on my warrior or shaman.
    Devil's advocate but how would you assume that given that (assuming the class is implemented) you have no idea how it would play and what mechanics it will use? Maybe they build a playstyle and toolkit for it that you just happen to find fun and enjoyable and fits you. Would you not play it out of spite because you already decided you don't like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hated Mechagnome Player View Post
    Blizzard will remove Gnomes when you concede you were wrong about the Alliance gunships, as stated by Blizzard's own sources.
    I was wrong on them, but this doesn't really change anything, does it? I mean, Gunships are absolutely useless so far. I mean, remember Deathwing when we had to jump on his back and rip off his plates ourselves because seemingly a Gunship is just too much of a piece of trash to blow off deathwings spine plates?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Cuz if we removed all the races people don't like, then you'd get World of Elfcraft.

Good luck with that
    What would be wrong with that? When a class is more popular, I think a majority of content should be invested into them. Thats how capitalism should work. It's part of Blizzards anti-consumerist bullshit, that they write the story to pander towards unpopular races like undeads and orcs instead of blood elves, night elves and humans.

I think its interesting to consider people saying that if the new expac is Shadowlands or similar that Tinkers don't make sense thematically. Sure, you can argue that DKs fit Wrath, Monks fit Mists, and DHs fit Legion. Tinkers could be how we get BACK from the Shadowlands. Just because the Frozen Throne is the gateway to the Shadowlands doesn't necessarily mean we can get back to Azeroth. It could be a funnel, not a bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    So you'd skip a expansion because they added a new class people would enjoy...but you'd stay if they added no new class? Seems a little irrational...
    Yes, if they add a race I would like. I don't care what people enjoy, I don't care about what other people want at all. I care about myself only. So if I don't gt a class or race I want I simply won't play, unless there are other special treats to compensate it like class skins or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    What would be wrong with that? When a class is more popular, I think a majority of content should be invested into them. Thats how capitalism should work. It's part of Blizzards anti-consumerist bullshit, that they write the story to pander towards unpopular races like undeads and orcs instead of blood elves, night elves and humans.
    Nothing is wrong with that.

It's just stupid to expect it to happen and it's completely unrealistic, that's all. They don't remove stuff from the game just because of whiners.

If that were true, Pandaria would have been removed from the game. Anyone that suggest this should happen is living in a high fantasy world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Yes, if they add a race I would like. I don't care what people enjoy, I don't care about what other people want at all. I care about myself only. So if I don't gt a class or race I want I simply won't play, unless there are other special treats to compensate it like class skins or something.
    Then honestly you have no reason to be on the forums if all you care about is yourself. There's nothing to discuss.

Start a blog instead.

I mean, Gunships are absolutely useless so far. I mean, remember Deathwing when we had to jump on his back and rip off his plates ourselves because seemingly a Gunship is just too much of a piece of trash to blow off deathwings spine plates?
    Yes I understand, you said gunships were the most impressive piece of Alliance technology when you attributed them to 'superior human technology' but now that that has been disproven they are back to being useless. Gunships have played important roles in countless in-game instances at this point, but yes absolutely useless. Deathwing as a dragon likely being too fast for a gunship to lay down enough sustaining fire = gunships being absolutely useless. Absolutely.

I was wrong on them, but this doesn't really change anything, does it?
    It changes your arrogant sense of self-infallibility from a couple thread pages ago, at least from where I sit. But you do you.

Nothing is wrong with that.

It's just stupid to expect it to happen and it's completely unrealistic, that's all. They don't remove stuff from the game just because of whiners.

If that were true, Pandaria would have been removed from the game. Anyone that suggest this should happen is living in a high fantasy world.

- - - Updated - - -

Then honestly you have no reason to be on the forums if all you care about is yourself. There's nothing to discuss.

Start a blog instead.
    But I can still discuss superiorty of the classes I want over what others want. Discussion doesn't necessarily need to be about compromises or even care for other's ideas but pushing one's own wants.

No more blogs for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hated Mechagnome Player View Post
    Yes I understand, you said gunships were the most impressive piece of Alliance technology when you attributed them to 'superior human technology' but now that that has been disproven they are back to being useless. Gunships have played important roles in countless in-game instances at this point, but yes absolutely useless. Deathwing as a dragon likely being too fast for a gunship to lay down enough sustaining fire = gunships being absolutely useless. Absolutely.

It changes your arrogant sense of self-infallibility from a couple thread pages ago, at least from where I sit. But you do you.
    I never claimed that they were useful. Just that they were the most impressive piece of Alliance technology. Thex never accomplished anything though. Like, in Icecrown they contributed nothing to us killing the Lich King and they couldn't even reach the Frozen Throne. On Deathwing, we still had to rip off his plates with our own hands. Like, why the fuck do I need canons if I still have to use my own hands. In Legion, the mission on a gunship ends up in a total failure while invading without one and just relying on magic purely gets us a total victory against the remaining legion forces on Azeroth. And now we have Void Elves and Nightborn with their teleportation magic on both factions, so why the fuck do we need an airship when we just can teleport?

I mean, fuck, even in the game not having an airship and just using a portal between Tirisfal and Orgrimmar is much more comfortable than having an airship. Magic is superior both in terms of gameplay and the lore.

But I can still discuss superiorty of the classes I want over what others want. Discussion doesn't necessarily need to be about compromises or even care for other's ideas but pushing one's own wants.
    But that you say you don't even care about what other people want makes it sound like you're not interested in discussion about anything other than what you want.

I may be misunderstanding that statement as an extreme, but it sounds like to me there's no matter of compromise, therefore no discussion. After all, if all I say is 'I want this, it's better, I don't care what you want this is all I want' then there's really nothing left to discuss. Superiority isn't even worth talking about since there's nothing to reach here other than looking for other people who feel the same way and mutually stroking epeens.

- - - Updated - - -

I never claimed that they were useful. Just that they were the most impressive piece of Alliance technology. Thex never accomplished anything though.
    If Gunships ended wars, then everyone would be complaining that your character had no role in taking down the big bad. People would complain they didn't feel accomplished and felt robbed of their victory.

This game is written to make the player feel accomplished. They could have the dragons and gunships fly over Icecrown and blow up ICC, but that would be an anti-climactic ending. It's why you don't see that happening, and why the players are the ones who take on gods and demigods toe-to-toe rather than firing some spaceship lasers or riding on the backs of dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I swear to God, if I see someone suggest Vulpera tinkers I'm gonna punch a baby.

VULPERA MAKE NO SENSE AS ENGINEERING DRIVEN CLASS, WHAT"S WRON WITH YOU PEOPLE!?
    What if Blizzard revealed that Vulpena can be Tinker. What then? That poor baby!

But that you say you don't even care about what other people want makes it sound like you're not interested in discussion about anything other than what you want.

I may be misunderstanding that statement as an extreme, but it sounds like to me there's no matter of compromise, therefore no discussion. After all, if all I say is 'I want this, it's better, I don't care what you want this is all I want' then there's really nothing left to discuss. Superiority isn't even worth talking about since there's nothing to reach here other than looking for other people who feel the same way and mutually stroking epeens.

- - - Updated - - -

If Gunships ended wars, then everyone would be complaining that your character had no role in taking down the big bad. People would complain they didn't feel accomplished and felt robbed of their victory.

This game is written to make the player feel accomplished. They could have the dragons and gunships fly over Icecrown and blow up ICC, but that would be an anti-climactic ending. It's why you don't see that happening, and why the players are the ones who take on gods and demigods toe-to-toe rather than firing some spaceship lasers or riding on the backs of dragons.
    That is your headcanon interpretation. I'm basing my statement on the game itself, in which gunships so far were useless.

That is your headcanon interpretation. I'm basing my statement on the game itself, in which gunships so far were useless.
    Yeah but...

So was the Lich King. Throughout all of Wrath he did nothing but get his ass kicked. Name one thing he did to the Alliance or Horde? Even Saurfang Junior's death was not caused by Arthas; that was Putress' doing.

Again, the game is written to make the player feel badass. Practically anything that isn't the player can be considered useless in one way or another, no matter how 'impressive' they may seem. This isn't something that is specific to Technology, what you're pointing out is how the story literally revolves around the players and takes everything else for granted.

Just look at the Dragons. They've accomplished almost nothing in the overall story, and they're supposed to be the guardians of the world. The best thing they ever do is grant our champions power to fight some big bad; otherwise they're constantly F'ing up or dying. That's due to how the story revolves around our characters.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-10-31 at 06:06 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't care what people want, that's correct, but I like when they agree with me. I love echo chambers. And I like to state what I like.

I don't care what people want, that's correct, but I like when they agree with me. I love echo chambers. And I like to state what I like.
    I respect your honesty

10+ Year Old Account
    So did you decide to ignore the isle of conquest bg where most of the winning are duo to who control the hangar?

So much for your crusade against everything related to gnomes and to people who like them, because in your head canon they are a joke race and society say who enjoy this race are weirdos

Yeah but...

So was the Lich King. Throughout all of Wrath he did nothing but get his ass kicked. Name one thing he did to the Alliance or Horde? Even Saurfang Junior's death was not caused by Arthas; that was Putress' doing.

Again, the game is written to make the player feel badass. Practically anything that isn't the player can be considered useless in one way or another, no matter how 'impressive' they may seem. This isn't something that is specific to Technology, what you're pointing out is how the story literally revolves around the players and takes everything else for granted.

Just look at the Dragons. They've accomplished almost nothing in the overall story, and they're supposed to be the guardians of the world. The best thing they ever do is grant our champions power to fight some big bad; otherwise they're constantly F'ing up or dying. That's due to how the story revolves around our characters.
    Lol, you don't even know the Lore, do you? The Lichking destroyed the Kingdoms of Lordaeron, Quel'thalas and Dalaran, lead Illidan into consuming the skull of Gul'dan and defeated Illidans Forces at Icecrown. Despite his forces in Lordaeron being defeated between classic and wrath, he just crushed the Scarlet Crusade, during classic one of the major military forces in Lordaeron besides the Scourge, during the Death Knight Questchain, a defeat from which the Crusade never ever recovered. He just blighted the entire world beforehand and it was only due to the royal apothecary society together with the Naaru luckily finding a cure, that Azeroth didn't fell in the Ghoul Event. And lol, you don't even know the Cinematic. It was the Lich King who killed Saurfang Junior, we even see how he sucks the Soul of of his corpse with Frostmourne.

Most of the Wrath of the Lichking Storyline was basically everything going according to Arthas plans. He threw his minions and champions at us to be slaughtered, because he wanted to feed our strength and hatred, so that we would become his ultimate champions and break hope for the rest of Azeroth. This is canonically his plan. He only suffered unplanned defeats three times during Wrath of the Lichking. Twice due to divine intervention and once because who would expect that Tirion would just destroy his heart? And with the later, he still got up immediately afterwards and we had barely the time to escape. Even during the argent tournament, he proofed that he could show up at any moment he wanted.

And in the end, he has proven himself to be much stronger than our characters. He just killed us. With one attack. He could only be defeated because of divine intervention. So the light itself had to intervene for us to defeat the Lich King.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pigglix View Post
    So did you decide to ignore the isle of conquest bg where most of the winning are duo to who control the hangar?

So much for your crusade against everything related to gnomes and to people who like them, because in your head canon they are a joke race and society say who enjoy this race are weirdos
    It's common sense to think that Grandpas in Toddler Bodys are weird. And the Isle of Conquest had no relevancy for the plot or overall story of World of Warcraft. So they were useful in one battleground which added nothing to the story, wow. Your are grasping for straws, because you can't admit that technological races tend to be useless in the lore. And the problem with the Gnomes is also...what is their joke? Like, they aren't even funny. A Joke race that fails to be funny is the most pathetic concept you could come up with.

And races like the gnomes can be done well. Like, Lalafell in FF14 are a good example. They can be legitimately creepy when they are all evil, they have a serious and interesting lore and engaging characters. And one of them has kind of the most attractive male voice imaginable in the japanese dub.
    Last edited by Shiza; 2019-10-31 at 06:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure sure my dude, did you also forgot that we escaped the lich king on halls of reflection thanks to the gunship too?

Or the intro to pandaria (horde side) where the gunship was used to make an entrance for the horde forces?

Much useless, such waste, wow

Quote Originally Posted by Pigglix View Post
    Sure sure my dude, did you also forgot that we escaped the lich king on halls of reflection thanks to the gunship too?
    We had Jaina with us in the Alliance Scenario. You know, the Arch Mage whose magical flying ship has proven to be superior to any gunship, who is also known to be great in teleportation. So it was like...yeah, kind of spared Jaina the effort after all the running and helping us to keep the Lichking away, but not necessary?

Which is why I think that having engineer as a profession is the best spot for the Tinker concept. I mean, it can be practical and neat at times, but you don't need it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, and can you remember me, please, how the alliance escaped the broken shore after the first assault? I mean, jaina was there too and probably more mages..., did she/they opened a portal or teleported all of the alliance force?

Or...did they used a gunship?!

Lol, you don't even know the Lore, do you? The Lichking destroyed the Kingdoms of Lordaeron, Quel'thalas and Dalaran, lead Illidan into consuming the skull of Gul'dan and defeated Illidans Forces at Icecrown.
    He did all that in Warcraft 3. When we had full playable control of him.

The story serviced him as a playable character.

Since WoW, none of that applied. He sat in Icecrown, and the most he did was set up the expansion by sending Frostwyrms to attack the major cities. That's it. Everything within WoW showed us that the Lich King was a coward, nothing more. That is WoW lore for you.