Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    I never claimed that they were useful. Just that they were the most impressive piece of Alliance technology. Thex never accomplished anything though. Like, in Icecrown they contributed nothing to us killing the Lich King and they couldn't even reach the Frozen Throne. On Deathwing, we still had to rip off his plates with our own hands. Like, why the fuck do I need canons if I still have to use my own hands. In Legion, the mission on a gunship ends up in a total failure while invading without one and just relying on magic purely gets us a total victory against the remaining legion forces on Azeroth. And now we have Void Elves and Nightborn with their teleportation magic on both factions, so why the fuck do we need an airship when we just can teleport?

I mean, fuck, even in the game not having an airship and just using a portal between Tirisfal and Orgrimmar is much more comfortable than having an airship. Magic is superior both in terms of gameplay and the lore.
    In this respect though technology plays the same role as the magic you're talking about, Plot Device. Technology is no more useful or useless than any other aspect of the game dependent on the needs of the story. The Vindicaar played a prominent role on Argus because Plot Device. That same ship, sitting in the skies above Azeroth with a powerful cannon that could rain down destruction from the heavens, sat out the Fourth War because Plot Necessity. If an airship was the ace in the hole in any encounter, it would make the game pointless. Your character could sit at home while a gunship crew did all the work.
    Like, why the fuck do I need canons if I still have to use my own hands.
    This sounds more like a personal gearing problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DTJames View Post
    What if Blizzard revealed that Vulpena can be Tinker. What then? That poor baby!
    Oh I'm gonna smack it real good if that's the case.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tinker:

DPS SPEC - Rockets and mechanical pets:

HEALING SPEC - Alchemist:

TANK SPEC - Robo-Goblin:

Quote Originally Posted by cloudotq View Post
    I think its interesting to consider people saying that if the new expac is Shadowlands or similar that Tinkers don't make sense thematically. Sure, you can argue that DKs fit Wrath, Monks fit Mists, and DHs fit Legion. Tinkers could be how we get BACK from the Shadowlands. Just because the Frozen Throne is the gateway to the Shadowlands doesn't necessarily mean we can get back to Azeroth. It could be a funnel, not a bridge.
    We've already been into and out of the Shadowlands before with the help of shamans, soulpriests, DKs, and shadow hunters. Why in the fuck would Tinkers, who have no connection at all to death or spirits, be the ones to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    I wish you good luck with this thread when the tinker fanboys arrive and shit on it for not restricting it to gnome/goblin only.
    I think you mean when the tinker haters arrive and just shit on anything tinker because fuck tinkers and tinkers suck, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hated Mechagnome Player View Post
    Devil's advocate but how would you assume that given that (assuming the class is implemented) you have no idea how it would play and what mechanics it will use? Maybe they build a playstyle and toolkit for it that you just happen to find fun and enjoyable and fits you. Would you not play it out of spite because you already decided you don't like it?
    I've played WoW long enough to know what I'm going to like and not like. In the 13 years I've been playing this game there have been only four classes that I genuinely enjoyed and kept going back to and those are shamans, paladins, warriors, and mages. Everything else has just been kind of meh to me.

It's not that I hate the idea or anything I just feel that it's wasteful to spend so much time and resources on building a class like tinkers when you know there aren't going to be that many players who will play them or play them seriously. How many monks and death knights do you see these days? Not many. A vast majority of people just play the original classes or at least that's what I see whenever I play. I'd rather them spend that time and money on other things like more customization features for our characters or a better variety of the types of quests we do instead of the same old kill this, collect that or make dungeons more exciting and bigger instead of having one path to go on.

I mean at this point it feels like it's becoming more of a collection thing. Kind of like when you keep buying new games even though you have a massive backlog of games that you've had sitting on your shelf for like two years that you've never even played or beaten yet. My opinion is that we have enough classes to play as. What they need to do now is build on what we already have and make it better instead of piling on class after class, race after race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Give vulpera a mech gypsy wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up! Hey guys, we can stop talking about new classes, this dude says there won't be any. Silly us.
    As I said, there will not be new class, because we don't need any atm.

I don't know why people think there will be new class.

Well guys, see you in 2 years :-\

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd rather have Tinkers than nothing at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Guildenstern View Post
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd rather have Tinkers than nothing at all...
    Same.

Feelsbadman.

Honestly a bit heart broken to see so many bread crumbs for what could of been such a fun and exciting class, only to get literally nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

And here we are with the Hearthstone what's next panel talking about a tinker hero summoning mechs and being able to tinker with her mechs. Are you shitting me?