Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    Yes, it has to be specifically an undead Elf, thats the true reason why dark rangers cant be added as a new playable class, because it would be a horde only class, the rest is nonsense.
    Unless they are going to allow you to be on either faction with any race, which it's been hinting towards.
    Then, even if you have a horde only race for it, you can choose to be alliance (but I'd assume they'd be fair and offer it to alliance race/s too).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    And you're pissing me off because you can't see what's put right in front of you.

The Unseen Path is made up of the following groups

The Night Elven Sentinels/Hunters/Huntresses
    The Blood Elven Farstriders
    The High Elven Silver Covenant
    The Forsaken Dark Rangers
    Assortment of random unafilliated hunters

That is at least 3 types of ranger and you're saying that Rangers aren't hunters. Despite everything saying otherwise. Despite Sylvanas being well known and obviously a hunter. Despite Nathanos being well known and a Hunter trainer. Despite the fact you can literally do a quest in the class hall to get a Dark Ranger helm. Despite the fact that the lore states that Dark Rangers still employ the tactics they did before dying with a necromantic twist.

Despite all of this, you're gonna sit here going "Dark Rangers are not hunters."

Start bringing actual evidence and understanding instead of just what you feel. Because I have the lore behind me. You have your personal preferences.
    Rangers were trained in archery.
    Hunters are more like people who live off the land, and with ferocious animal companions. While, I can't find the clip now, there was a dev at a blizzcon, while talking about big changes, said that, hunters were supposed to be a mix of melee and ranged, which is why originally you had moves like raptor strike. But, once people figured out, being at range was the best way to play, it made the melee moves pretty much useless.

While in current WoW, we don't really get that side of the hunter, at least we haven't in a while. That there should be a good enough reason. Hunters would typically want to live off the land. Rangers might want to go home and put their feet up at the end of the day. There will be similarities, sure, but I'd argue for other than using a bow and arrow - maybe even a gun - they don't REALLY have anything in common. I'd say, beastmaster and survival are probably the only *true* hunter specs out of the 3.

How about...lightforged rangers!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dorp View Post
    Unless they are going to allow you to be on either faction with any race, which it's been hinting towards.
    Then, even if you have a horde only race for it, you can choose to be alliance (but I'd assume they'd be fair and offer it to alliance race/s too).

- - - Updated - - -

Rangers were trained in archery.
    Hunters are more like people who live off the land, and with ferocious animal companions. While, I can't find the clip now, there was a dev at a blizzcon, while talking about big changes, said that, hunters were supposed to be a mix of melee and ranged, which is why originally you had moves like raptor strike. But, once people figured out, being at range was the best way to play, it made the melee moves pretty much useless.

While in current WoW, we don't really get that side of the hunter, at least we haven't in a while. That there should be a good enough reason. Hunters would typically want to live off the land. Rangers might want to go home and put their feet up at the end of the day. There will be similarities, sure, but I'd argue for other than using a bow and arrow - maybe even a gun - they don't REALLY have anything in common. I'd say, beastmaster and survival are probably the only *true* hunter specs out of the 3.
    Have you ever played a ranger in EQ? Sadly, they were not ranged though..they were meant to be melee.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    How about...lightforged rangers!!

- - - Updated - - -

Have you ever played a ranger in EQ? Sadly, they were not ranged though..they were meant to be melee.
    I never played EQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorp View Post
    I never played EQ.
    Ahh ok. They are melee and use melodic based abilities. Flight, be invisible, heal, damage, buff. Quite versitile. They are also a plate/melee class. Quite the change from your normal melee classes. I think blizz could fit them in lore wise...as battle minstrels.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    While some big names may be that way, not all necromancers or warlocks were mages from the start. They're all certainly magical, but not all of them started off training and then went "You know, I want to go be this." and branched off. You can become a necromancer by purely studying necromancy or a warlock by studying and enslaving demons. The only way you'd start being a Dark Ranger is by training to be a hunter and then dying. Or I suppose you could die and then train to be a hunter. They really are just a darker shade of them. That is pretty much shown by the fact they aren't just on Trueshot Lodge but members of the Unseen Path themselves.

Like, it's not that I don't think Blizzard CAN make Dark rangers a class if they wanted to, I just don't see why they would when there's other options.
    That reminded me of something. From a class design standpoint, all classes added after Vanilla have been heavily centered around the most famous people of that class. DKs were designed around Arthas, because he was the first Death Knight (of that type, of course, since Orc DKs from the Second War were a different thing). Monks were designed around Chen Stormstout and the Pandaren from WC3. Demon Hunters were designed entirely around Illidan from his abilities in WC3, Black Temple, and Heroes of the Storm - with the tank spec as a mostly new concept.

Should they add Dark Rangers as their own class, they would likely have similar moves as Sylvanas as we've seen her in WoW and Heroes of the Storm. Should they add Necromancers, Kel'thuzad would likely be the inspiration for their abilities and design. However, there's a lot more wiggle room for Necromancers, since we've seen far more of them over time.

As far as the lore, you're right, anyone with magical aptitude can learn to use any sort of magic they want to. However, it's far more common in lore for Necromancers and Warlocks to have been mages before that. Aside from the previously stated Kel'thuzad and Helcular, these notable Necromancers were all once mages (or are still mages) as well:
    Noth the Plaguebringer, Naberius, Ras Frostwhisper, Dar'Khan Drathir, Maleki the Pallid, Thule Ravenclaw, Amal'thazad, Jandice Barov, etc.

Now, that's not to say that has to be the case, of course. We see plenty of Trolls, Ogres, San'layn, Orcs, Draenei, and Eredar that use necromancy for various reasons, from various sources. However, it's similar to Dark Rangers in that regard - most would likely be hunters/rangers before they died, but they likely wouldn't need to be hunters, since rangers are kind of a combination between hunters, warriors, and rogues. It's entirely possible that they were raised as a Banshee/Spectre, then learned those abilities. We see plenty of other undead that don't continue their path after being raised - while not a ranger in the slightest, Renee Lauer was a Crusader in her past life, and now she's an innkeeper.

We also see Night Elven Dark Rangers, who were Sentinels in their past lives - which are very similar to Rangers, but are usually a combination of a hunter, warrior, rogue, and priest. The Warrior trainer in Darnassus was a Sentinel in the Sentinel's HQ: Warrior's Terrace. Sentinels themselves are an offshoot of the Sisterhood of Elune, as are Wardens.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would blizzard waste their resources making a new class when they can very easily build dark ranger into rogues? This would be a prime opportunity to add 4th specs or rework old specs that aren't played as much. Similar to how they reworked Survival hunters, they could easily rework subtletly into being ranged while retaining their stealth aspect.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Why would blizzard waste their resources making a new class when they can very easily build dark ranger into rogues? This would be a prime opportunity to add 4th specs or rework old specs that aren't played as much. Similar to how they reworked Survival hunters, they could easily rework subtletly into being ranged while retaining their stealth aspect.
    Make a new class with 2 or 3 specs vs creating 12 new specs...
    Also, Blizzard haven't stopped working on earlier classes when new were released. Every class gets reworks regardless of any added classes.

- - - Updated - - -

If Bolvar will be a neutral champion of balance he will most likely aid horde and alliance to chase Sylvanas. By doing so, wouldn't it make sense to raise more Dark Rangers, like Arthas did with Sylvanas, to help us out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Make a new class with 2 or 3 specs vs creating 12 new specs...
    Also, Blizzard haven't stopped working on earlier classes when new were released. Every class gets reworks regardless of any added classes.
    Enhance didn't get a rework headed into BFA and won't likely see one til after. I'd much rather prefer they rework dark ranger into rogues than to create a new class, something the game really doesn't need. Any time they come out with a new class, they provide them w/ the latest ideas. They get unique abilities that set them apart, which very easily can be utilized towards current classes/specs.

Because:
    a) Brand new class sells a lot
    b) It feels better than just simply seeing a 4th specc on existing classes
    c) Lore wise it's way better than several hero classes being cramped together in 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ffs, just stop with this already. Dark Rangers are SPECIFICALLY created to be Sylvanas' elite guard/assassins. Making them a class, would make as much sense as making SI:7 or the Kor'kron a class. So like literally zero...

At best, with a lot of retconning, it could possibly become a single spec for hunters.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

I believe if blizzard has ANY good sense left on them, they will focus on fixing the current classes and not add a new one, which is already a major undertaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Synros View Post
    Ffs, just stop with this already. Dark Rangers are SPECIFICALLY created to be Sylvanas' elite guard/assassins. Making them a class, would make as much sense as making SI:7 or the Kor'kron a class. So like literally zero...

At best, with a lot of retconning, it could possibly become a single spec for hunters.
    Except... they are already a hero class... LOL.
    They are Hero Class from Warcraft 3. Lore wise they make absolutely the most sense to get and they've been teasing them every expansion since WOTLK. While Kor'kron and SI:7 have gotten jack shit in terms of lore and story, not to mention they do not exist as a class in the previous Warcraft games.

Case closed.

We are getting Dark Rangers and you are going to love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodee View Post
    When people speak in absolutes about the unknown it desperately makes me hope they are wrong, out of spite.

While I agree with you that there is backing for them, Tinker and many other things to be a "hero class" due it already being established within W3 as a Hero Class, that doesn't mean we are for sure getting it. Could be that we get Shadow Hunter, Warden, Tinker, Blademaster or Shadow Hunter as well. Could be we are getting none of those and they're making up something entirely new. We don't know. You don't know. All we can do is hope and speculate, but to speak in absolutes makes you sound foolish.

Edit: Also, even if we get it - doesn't mean people are going to love it. I personally really dislike Demon Hunter from a playstyle perspective, it's a bit too simple.
    or they know they are right

lets face it

new expansion is shadowlands

and only thematic class that fits will be dark ranger dabbling in necromancy .

hell wouldnt be surpised if necromancerish spec would be one of its specs.

because it fits death based expansion

instead of idiotic idea of tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Synros View Post

except she abandoned the horde.

sounds a lot like the demon hunters illidan trained to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Because:
    a) Brand new class sells a lot
    b) It feels better than just simply seeing a 4th specc on existing classes
    c) Lore wise it's way better than several hero classes being cramped together in 1.
    Do you usually state opinions and convince yourself they're facts?

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    • We only have 2 mail classes right now.
    • We only have 1 class that uses Bows, Guns and Crossbows.
    I don't say you're right but these are true, plus no ranged dps spec has ever been added to the game, and ranged count is lower than melee.

Do you usually state opinions and convince yourself they're facts?
    From what I’ve seen yes. As said above saying things like “it’ll be dr and you’ll love it” really make me hope it’s not out of spite

Doubt a new class like Dark Ranger will be added. They most likely will just have an allied race with the forsaken nightelves being the option. Rangers and hunters are to similar to have a ranger class. Dark Warden/Wardens I can see as a class being added.

How could you possibally consider dark ranger? If its to be considered it would have to be available for both alliance and horde. I could see them with horde but theres virtually nothing for them being available for alliance. And the tears that would become rivers if a class was only for one side. Honestly i dislike the idea of tinkerer as weel but that seems to be the better option IF a new class is added.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    I believe if blizzard has ANY good sense left on them, they will focus on fixing the current classes and not add a new one, which is already a major undertaking.
    People have been saying this before every expansion.