Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Wasn't titanforging supposed to matter less in BFA?

Hey. Title says it all. I am currently in a fix where I am trying to figure out what Ion or Blizzard has said but it never happened or they went back on their word.

Thanks. c:

10+ Year Old Account
    In the content preview for Visions of N'Zoth, Ion said they're looking into alternatives to Titanforging, which you can already see in action in the 8.3 PTR in the form of Corruption, a new stat that fucks up your gear in a fun way that you have no control over.

It matters less because weapons can't TF anymore - like, that's objectively and 100% mattering less. Once more Blizzard kept their word and 100% delivered on their promise, as always.

It was, that's why they reduced the chance of rolling +ilvl. But that actually made it matter more, the classic problem of good intention, completely scuffed consequence. Though titanforging does matter a lot less than to gem rolling compared to Legion.

Gems were/are a bigger issue with BFA. A gem slot can be worth like 25 ilvls, and all before BFA blizz was going on about how they wanted "If something with higher ilvl drops, you equip it, cause of primary stats" yet primaries rank dead last for most classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    In the content preview for Visions of N'Zoth, Ion said they're looking into alternatives to Titanforging, which you can already see in action in the 8.3 PTR in the form of Corruption, a new stat that fucks up your gear in a fun way that you have no control over.
    No, I am talking about specifically back in 2017 during their Blizzcon reveal of BFA. I remembered them talking about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The chance of it happening nowadays is much lower to begin with. All in all, it's far from the boogeyman it's being made of in these forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    They lowered the chance of titanforging. Which just made the problem worse. Now you expect something to happen but it rarely does, making it even more frustrating to see titanforges out in the world where you yourself get none. I guess it increased user engagement slightly in the short term or something like that.

And yeah.. the RNG gemslots..

Doesn't it inherently matter less since there's several pieces of armor that can't *forge vs Legion? Even if it's not much, that's still less! (Though I guess you could turn that on it's head and say since there's less pieces that can, it matters even more)

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Hey. Title says it all. I am currently in a fix where I am trying to figure out what Ion or Blizzard has said but it never happened or they went back on their word.

Thanks. c:
    Well firstly, can you find me the source where you ever heard them say "we give you our word" or anything remotely similar. Start there. From there, realize that your interpretation of something spoken may not be as they intended for you to interpret things. Case in point, they said titanforging wasn't going to matter as much in BFA and for the most part it doesn't. Weapons, the largest equipment based dps gain for most classes, can't titanforge. Head, shoulders, and chest are all huge stat slots and those also can't titanforge. That alone makes them matter less. Also, there's no numbers that I've seen showing the chances for things to titanforge, but if they lowered that chance to occur by even 10% that's them keeping their word. They try to keep people informed of the direction they're headed, and yeah sometimes they change because that's just how developing any application goes. Do they always listen to feedback? Hell no. They could definitely improve there because it seems like they often don't listen when they should, but trying to pick apart Ion or Blizzard is almost guaranteed to be the type of behavior that is caused them to pull back on providing any type of feedback to the community until it's too late for immediate changes and things are set in stone from a development standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    They lowered the chance of titanforging. Which just made the problem worse. Now you expect something to happen but it rarely does, making it even more frustrating to see titanforges out in the world where you yourself get none. I guess it increased user engagement slightly in the short term or something like that.

And yeah.. the RNG gemslots..
    If more people just learned to grow up and stop worrying/getting jealous about the gear that others have in a video game titanforging wouldn’t be one of the most controversial parts of BfA.
    change can't wait.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Isn't removing TF enough in terms of making it matter less? -.-

Well compared to Legion we currently have 5(6) pieces that cant titanforge

Helm, Neck, Chest, Shoulders, Weapons
    With the next patch giving us a cloak that cant titanforge

Which leaves Wrists, Gloves, Pants, Boots, 2 Rings, and Trinkets

So now we have about 45% of our gear unable to titan forge...as opposed to about 90% in legion

Less chance to proc(like a lot it seems, I rarely see warforged even in our raids/dungeons), weapons can only Warforge and helm, shoulders and chest can't forge at all. And neck yeah, keep forgetting about that one, it's nothing fancy right? L o l

So they did what they said in late 2017, they would tone it down. If it matters less or more now is for each and everyone of us to decide I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    It does matter less. Its the players putting too much weight on TF.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    ....WRONG... Rolling a Socket or +15 ilvls on a weapon is YUGE.
    - Lostep -

Why do people even bitch about titanforging? It's a good system. As someone who only does pvp and M+ with friends I like having a chance for my gear to occasionally titanforge to a higher item level.

Who is seriously complaining about this system besides that 0.1% of players who can actually earn the highest item levels in the game? Do we really care what they think?

Quote Originally Posted by Didly View Post
    Who is seriously complaining about this system besides that 0.1% of players who can actually earn the highest item levels in the game? Do we really care what they think?
    Its pretty simple, do the hardest content get rewarded with the best items. Participation trophies are bad for the game.... and ya know life in general. Blizzard clearly does care about them because they are killing the system.
    - Lostep -

Quote Originally Posted by Lostep View Post
    ....WRONG... Rolling a Socket or +15 ilvls on a weapon is YUGE.
    Not really... 15 extra item levels on even a weapon is good for, what, less than 5% total DPS increase?

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post

This!

Also, can anyone explain to me why is everyone qquing about timegating and grind being worse in BfA, when they were objectively much worse in legion??

Both the neck grind and the rep gates are much more relaxed in BfA compared to Legion counterparts (artifact power grind made me burnt out of the game for the first time in 12 years, als Suramar campaign).

People need to get in their heads that there is no evil intent here to boost MAU or shit like that. If there was, there would be no catchup mechanics (i dinged my alt a couple of days ago, already i am neck lvl 62 just by questing, doing a couple of emmisaries and fast WQ, missions, donation quests for warfront and 1 weekly cap for islands)