Page 48 of 146 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Can't answer the question "are you aware of a continent called Africa?". Yeah...ok
    Are you aware that Witcher is heavily based on Slavic culture, which, guess what, is white as fuck? But in current clown world, having a fully white show would get you and your kind in such an uproar that no one in their right mind would ever try it. And yet, you will hypocritically claim how skin color doesn't matter, while simultaneously being the kind of person who would organize internet protests for any kind of while/straight/male only show/movie/game/anything
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    You said it yourself, Wakanda is fictional. God I love exposing SJWs.
    While Wakanda is fictional it still exists in the very real continent* of Africa.
    Quoted, bolded, underlined, and italicized. If you can't read beyond the first 4 words then you can fuck off, troll.

Flaming isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2019-11-01 at 04:37 PM.

Quoted, bolded, underlined, and italicized. If you can't read beyond the first 4 words then you can fuck off, troll.
    Do you think The Witcher is based off of nothing? It's slavic, WHITE mythology.

They are both fictional, and they both should NEVER be white/blackwashed to pander to toxic, loser, SJW/PC culture.

Ah, right, because white people don't exist in africa.

Also, no. I get attached to characters as a whole. Their entire appeal to me is based on exactly what they are presented to me as. If that changes, it doesn't feel like the same character, because physical appearance is still a characteristic. If it feels less like the thing I know and love, I'll probably like it less, and if it's something I previously liked a lot, I'm going to be pissed when I like it less.

Like fallout 76. I was expecting greatness and a step up from fallout 4. What I got was 10 steps backwards in a game that called itself a fallout game, which set certain expectations. Damn straight I'm upset at that.

Just like I'm lukewarm about the witcher, when I really WISH I was super excited.

I'm someone that wants to like things naturally and I'm sad when I feel it's a missed opportunity, because truly liking something makes me happy, and I like being happy for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2019-11-01 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Are you aware that Witcher is heavily based on Slavic culture, which, guess what, is white as fuck? But in current clown world, having a fully white show would get you and your kind in such an uproar that no one in their right mind would ever try it. And yet, you will hypocritically claim how skin color doesn't matter, while simultaneously being the kind of person who would organize internet protests for any kind of while/straight/male only show/movie/game/anything
    I don't organize protests, but I'll take a bit of time out of my day to point out how ridiculously obsessed some people here are concerning skin color.

Culture and skin color are two very different things. That Slavic culture and inspiration look to be adhered to on the show, but since the characters aren't ACTUALLY Slavic, they don't NEED to look Slavic. They just need to act Slavic.

Holy shit, it's like you read the first 4 words of that paragraph and then your brain exploded.

Same thing as the mentally deficient poster above. Are either of you even aware of a continent known as Africa? I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it like a half dozen times now but neither of you seem to acknowledge that it's an actual place with actual people. I mean, how fucking racist do you have to be to only look at people as black or white and that's it?

You say it "doesn't matter", but Black Panther being white WOULD matter because "Africa"? Wait, what? White people never go to Africa? YOU'RE calling people racist, yet ignoring that you're stereotyping race more than anyone in this entire post?

Triss has blue eyes in the books. Black people having blue eyes is EXTREMELY RARE. I'm not being racist, this is a fact. In fact it's far more rare than white people being born in Africa. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_...opean_ancestry
    Last edited by Zafire; 2019-11-01 at 03:05 AM.

Holy shit, it's like you read the first 4 words of that paragraph and then your brain exploded.

Same thing as the mentally deficient poster above. Are either of you even aware of a continent known as Africa? I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it like a half dozen times now but neither of you seem to acknowledge that it's an actual place with actual people. I mean, how fucking racist do you have to be to only look at people as black or white and that's it?
    Talk about ignorant,do you have any idea how many white people live on the continent of Africa?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh btw do you even know that black panther had a WHITE brother who almost would have been the king instead of him hm?

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    I get attached to characters as a whole. Their entire appeal to me is based on exactly what they are presented to me as. If that changes, it doesn't feel like the same character, because physical appearance is still a characteristic. If it feels less like the thing I know and love, I'll probably like it less, and if it's something I previously liked a lot, I'm going to be pissed when I like it less.
    This is a really bizarre sentiment; that the skin color of a fictional character can put you off to such an extent is pretty terrible. I'm not saying that race is completely unimportant to ALL fictional characters, but it's definitely unimportant to most. If their skin color doesn't drive the narrative then it's unimportant.

As for white people in Africa, Black Panther did include a pretty pivotal white South African character.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Talk about ignorant,do you have any idea how many white people live on the continent of Africa?
    Yes, I do. And they even had representation in Black Panther (which was what the poster I originally responded to wanted to compare to the Witcher). So what was your point?
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2019-11-01 at 03:15 AM.

Are you done with your personal attacks? Typical leftist showing his true colors.

If all the main characters of The Black Panther movie were whitewashed I'd condemn it all the same.

But no, I'm racist for wanting fictional white characters be cast as white. What a riot.
    Tbh most likely they just had a casting call for the show and chose an actress they liked, and didn't care about her skin colour. I doubt they went out of their way to specifically pick someone with a darker skin.

Black Panther is a bit of a different situation, as their ethnicity was fairly central to their characters and important to the story. If you made them white it would be a completely different movie. For The Witcher the characters aren't really defined by their race, and changing it doesn't really make a lick of difference except apparently to your feels. So I'm not outraged by black characters in The Witcher, neither am I outraged by a white The Ancient One in Doctor Strange, nor a Maori Hitler in Jojo Rabbit.

Now excuse me while I go play the world's smallest violin.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    You say it "doesn't matter", but Black Panther being white WOULD matter because "Africa"? Wait, what? White people never go to Africa? YOU'RE calling people racist, yet ignoring that you're stereotyping race more than anyone in this entire post?

Triss has blue eyes in the books. Black people having blue eyes is EXTREMELY RARE. I'm not being racist, this is a fact. In fact it's far more rare than white people being born in Africa. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_...opean_ancestry
    "White Africans of European ancestry" link to try to rationalize the idea of white people populating a fictional African country that was meant to be concealed from the outside world.

Really, you're like the 3rd poster to bring this up. Yes, I'm aware that European's colonized parts of Africa and white people currently live throughout the continent in relatively small numbers compared to the rest of the native African population. Hell, there was even a white South African character in Black Panther.

Frankly, I wouldn't particularly care if the entire cast of Black Panther was played by white people as long as the thematic and cultural style of the fictional world were adhered to. It would be a very odd choice given the real world basis that Wakanda is part of.

This is a really bizarre sentiment; that the skin color of a fictional character can put you off to such an extent is pretty terrible. I'm not saying that race is completely unimportant to ALL fictional characters, but it's definitely unimportant to most. If their skin color doesn't drive the narrative then it's unimportant.
    Absolutely not. Appeal and attraction are something I feel on varying levels for every character and/or person, and physical appearance is 100% part of that. Skin color is 100% part of that. If Triss was portrayed in the game as she is in the show, I wouldn't have the same emotional feelings and reactions I got from the romance options, and thus, I wouldn't have liked her or cared as much.

Triss knocked my socks off in the witcher. Top tier waifu. I wanted that recreated as closely as possible in the show, and it's not happening.

If I'm watching the show, I expect these to be the characters I know and love in their entirety. Personality and writing isn't the whole package. I need the whole package to be satisfied.

7+ Year Old Account

As for white people in Africa, Black Panther did include a pretty pivotal white South African character.

Yes, I do. And they even had representation in Black Panther (which was what the poster I originally responded to wanted to compare to the Witcher). So what was your point?
    So why is it important then that a black char would get whitewashed but not if a white char get blackwashed hm?

I mean you just said it yourself, it´s not important what skincolour they have...

Absolutely not. Appeal and attraction are something I feel for every character, and physical appearance is 100% part of that. Skin color is 100% part of that. If Triss was portrayed in the game as she is in the show, I wouldn't have the same emotional feelings and reactions I got from the romance options, and thus, I wouldn't have liked her or cared as much.

If I'm watching the show, I expect these to be the characters I know and love in their entirety. Personality and writing isn't the whole package. I need the whole package to be satisfied.
    If you're fetishizing fictional characters and being that affected by their subjective attractiveness then that sounds like a personal issue that casting directors really shouldn't care about when their filling a role.

These characters originated in text, so personality and writing IS the whole package. You can come up with your own mental image of a character, but that's just a personal interpretation. If I described a character solely in terms of physical attributes, your mental picture may still vary greatly from someone else's. You are apparently basing your personal preference on how the game designers interpreted these characters, but they aren't the source material.

Basically, while it may suck for you that you can't enjoy the show as much because of it, whether or not the character is attractive to YOU is pretty irrelevant to everyone else.

These characters originated in text, so personality and writing IS the whole package.
    If these characters had stayed in text, the entire market of people who made the series even POSSIBLY financially feasible wouldn't exist. Without the video games and the characters they created within, there would be no market for the witcher.

Whether or not they adhere to the characters as they are portrayed in the game clearly ISN'T irrelevant to everyone else. Hence the massive backlash and the untimely failure of most of these types of endeavors.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    So why is it important then that a black char would get whitewashed but not if a white char get blackwashed hm?

I mean you just said it yourself, it´s not important what skincolour they have...
    In a perfect world, it wouldn't matter either way. However, in the real world where white is still pretty much the default and people of color rarely get cast unless they're playing someone of a particular nationality, there is a difference. We're talking about a completely fictional setting where skin color really shouldn't be an issue because there are no real world implications. These roles have been 99% of the time cast with white people but that doesn't need to be the case. The fact that people get so up in arms by an actor of a darker skin tone getting a part like this is indicative of a deep seeded issue that still persists (it begins with an R and ends with an ACISM).

- - - Updated - - -

If these characters had stayed in text, the entire market of people who made the series even POSSIBLY financially feasible wouldn't exist. Without the video games and the characters they created within, there would be no market for the witcher.

Whether or not they adhere to the characters as they are portrayed in the game clearly ISN'T irrelevant to everyone else. Hence the massive backlash and the untimely failure of most of these types of endeavors.
    Even still, I wouldn't say it is necessary to pander to people so used to a secondary version of the setting/characters. I mean, does the original source material really suck? If not, then one interpretation of said source material shouldn't be discounted just because it doesn't adhere to every detail of a different interpretation.

Looking good. Will definitely watch.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe they blackwashed Yenn and Triss. PC culture ruining everything for their identity politics.
    Have you ever seen a black person? This isn’t one.

7+ Year Old Account
    In a perfect world, it wouldn't matter either way. However, in the real world where white is still pretty much the default and people of color rarely get cast unless they're playing someone of a particular nationality, there is a difference. We're talking about a completely fictional setting where skin color really shouldn't be an issue because there are no real world implications. These roles have been 99% of the time cast with white people but that doesn't need to be the case. The fact that people get so up in arms by an actor of a darker skin tone getting a part like this is indicative of a deep seeded issue that still persists (it begins with an R and ends with an ACISM).

- - - Updated - - -

Even still, I wouldn't say it is necessary to pander to people so used to a secondary version of the setting/characters. I mean, does the original source material really suck? If not, then one interpretation of said source material shouldn't be discounted just because it doesn't adhere to every detail of a different interpretation.
    Maybe just maybe that´s bcs people want to see games/movies/series stay true to their origins?

Just something to think about...

I still can't get over the god damn scrotum armor.