Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So on one hand I'm like "yeah, pretty much every new class has been pivotal to the lore of the expansion, so why Tinkers when all other signs point to Shadowlands"

On the other hand, the fallout of Tinkers being announced would be oh so delicious.

10+ Year Old Account
    The anti-tinker hate and rage some of these people have is absolutely hilarious

Dark Ranger gets outvoted every time a poll comes up. It's pretty much neck and neck Tinker/Necromancer. We'll see Necroes before we see a hunter reskin.

Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    Explain specifically what doesn't make sense. What is this issue that is so important that it should determine their decision?
    All of it. Literally all of it. There is literally no good reason to have tinkers in a death themed expansion and the only examples I've been given on how they would fit has been head canon and "B-b-b-but i want one!". Tinkers are just dudes that use machines. That's literally it. There is nothing special about them. They're not trained to fight anything death related, like demon hunters were trained to fight the legion, they're not a force that are perfect weapons against the expansions bad guys like the death knights were since Arthas couldn't control them anymore AND they were already dead, so his version of the plague was useless against them and they don't have history fighting against the particular settings places enemies like the monks did for pandaria, as pandaria was a monk based culture that used monks to fight mantid, mogu and other threats. There is literally no tie in at all IF it is a death themed expansion. If it's not a death themed expansion and it's more tech themed expansion, then great, have at it. I'll never play one, but it at least makes sense.

I know it sounds like I'm trying to say fuck tinkers, but this isn't against tinkers or their fans and if they make literally any other class and it doesn't fit the expansion, then I'm not going to be happy about it, regardless of what it is. I don't want another BFA where things are poorly thought out and added for rule of cool, because its a shit way to do things as this expansion proves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    It's called speculation and discussion, something you seem not wanting to do considering you'll insult anyone that thinks differently than you.
    last time I checked pointing out people are reaching, when in fact they are indeed reaching, isn't an insult. And if tinkerboi fan is an insult then god damn people are thin skinned.
    Last edited by Doomchicken; 2019-11-01 at 06:48 AM.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

I don't mind tinker as long as it's available to races other than gnomes/goblins and it has race based technology. Let me have my draenei artificer with crystal laser turrets and I'll be happy with the class addition.

Though I would prefer it had a different name because Tinker is such a stupid name.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    last time I checked pointing out people are reaching, when in fact they are indeed reaching, isn't an insult. And if tinkerboi fan is an insult then god damn people are thin skinned.
    It's useless immature aggression towards someone with differing opinions. There's simply no reason to go out of your way to call people that.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by raz98 View Post
    Dark Ranger gets outvoted every time a poll comes up. It's pretty much neck and neck Tinker/Necromancer. We'll see Necroes before we see a hunter reskin.
    lol

At this point I hope for NO CLASS, NO 4TH SPECC, if it means a Tinker gets to be announced. That's how much I dislike the idea that this joke of a class will take development time.

And I hope Blizzard has at least some sense left in them to realize it. A Bard will be more welcome than a Tinker.

I for one believe in the trend that new classes (and new races while we're on the subject) match up with an expansion's theme; ergo, a Tinker class wouldn't match up with the Shadowlands xpac we're supposedly getting tomorrow.

It's true that a class like Necromancer or Dark ranger might share too much with the existing Death knight class, but if the Dragon Isles are also coming into focus, they could very easily add in something like a Dragonsworn hero class, despite Death being a more centralized theme

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    lol

At this point I hope for NO CLASS, NO 4TH SPECC, if it means a Tinker gets to be announced. That's how much I dislike the idea that this joke of a class will take development time.

And I hope Blizzard has at least some sense left in them to realize it. A Bard will be more welcome than a Tinker.
    Maybe to you, but otherwise it looks like the mob has spoken. Turns out folk are sick of elves, and their dark brooding backstories.
    Last edited by raz98; 2019-11-01 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by raz98 View Post
    Maybe to you, but otherwise it looks like the mob has spoken. Turns out folk are sick of elves, and their dark brooding backstories.
    Umm. Sorry, but a poll that consists of total ~90 votes is not a consensus on a game that is played by millions. And Dark Ranger is not that far behind at all. The votes are fairly close.

If that was the case they wouldn't add:
    4 elf races (6 if you are lore friendly geek and include trolls as ancestors).
    2 of which have an exclusive class only to them.

Pretty sure that says much more than your poll that consists of less than 100 people.

Vol’jiin Sylvannas Nathanos Genn Tyrande Alleria

What do they have in common?

They’re all hunters... that are..

shadowy.

Gonna go with shadowhunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    I take it you've never played WoW in your life...you talk like someone who has never even watched WoW be played.

Plus I'm sure you also ignore that Tinker has always beaten out Dark Ranger and Necromancer when someone posts a poll about which class people want most on here.
    Yeah, I've not been getting CE for countless years now. Sit down boy, stop embarassing yourself.

Introducing tinkers may please few hundred of posters here, but it would destroy wow raiding and dungeon world. More then half of my guild will quit wow the day tinkers come to life as a playable class. It doesn't work in wow atmosphere. A guy tanking as a bear, priest healing with holy spells, dude throwing blizzards, another ones throwing fire or nature shit, dh uses meta, and alongside of them, wait for it... A guy with a freaking rocket launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by ping-pong View Post
    Yeah, I've not been getting CE for countless years now. Sit down boy, stop embarassing yourself.

Introducing tinkers may please few hundred of posters here, but it would destroy wow raiding and dungeon world. More then half of my guild will quit wow the day tinkers come to life as a playable class. It doesn't work in wow atmosphere. A guy tanking as a bear, priest healing with holy spells, dude throwing blizzards, another ones throwing fire or nature shit, dh uses meta, and alongside of them, wait for it... A guy with a freaking rocket launcher.
    You realize there are tanks and spaceships in WoW correct?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You realize there are tanks and spaceships in WoW correct?
    Yeah. I can tolerate that. Tinkers, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    I don't mind tinker as long as it's available to races other than gnomes/goblins and it has race based technology. Let me have my draenei artificer with crystal laser turrets and I'll be happy with the class addition.

Though I would prefer it had a different name because Tinker is such a stupid name.
    That'd be really cool. Also I could see plenty of races, especially if it's an Engineering/Alchemy-based class:
    - Goblins and Gnomes (OBVIOUS)
    - Mechagnomes and Vulpera (fairly obvious)
    - Draenei and Undead (Draenei have plenty of engineering-knowhow. Undead more on the apothecary side)
    - Dwarves and Trolls (Dwarves are obvious; trolls do actually have some engineers around IIRC)
    - Lightforged Draenei (bonus race for Alliance; maybe Orc to match the number of races? I've seen Orc engineers)

Quote Originally Posted by ping-pong View Post
    Yeah. I can tolerate that. Tinkers, not so much.
    So you can tolerate Sci-Fi/Anime levels of ridiculousness in a MEDIEVAL FANTASY setting, but not something that already exists in the lore?
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2019-11-01 at 07:07 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Because logic dictates that all that this "undeath" or "insanity" themed threat has to do is attack the "breathing, sentient" pilots, and all those "breathless, mindless machines" are rendered null and void. Worse: they can now be used against us as the pilots are now being controlled by the enemy.
    Still works out better for the good guys.
    A mindless zombie or a gibbering psychopath aren't really gonna have the faculties to pilot those mentioned war machines and weapons.

A Tinker's superpower is their intellect. Without it, they're no more threatening than a farmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    A Tinker's superpower is their intellect. Without it, they're no more threatening than a farmer.
    Oh man, now I really want an Int-based tank, but they'll probably do Agility instead :/

PS: Whatever is the class for the expansion, it had better be a Mail-user to balance the armor sets better. Will be upset if Cloth/Plate, will be beyond pissed if it's a 5th leather-user.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2019-11-01 at 07:10 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Liberate Tinkerers, Revolution of our age

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    That'd be really cool. Also I could see plenty of races, especially if it's an Engineering/Alchemy-based class:
    - Goblins and Gnomes (OBVIOUS)
    - Mechagnomes and Vulpera (fairly obvious)
    - Draenei and Undead (Draenei have plenty of engineering-knowhow. Undead more on the apothecary side)
    - Dwarves and Trolls (Dwarves are obvious; trolls do actually have some engineers around IIRC)
    - Lightforged Draenei (bonus race for Alliance; maybe Orc to match the number of races? I've seen Orc engineers)

So you can tolerate Sci-Fi/Anime levels of ridiculousness in a MEDIEVAL FANTASY setting, but not something that already exists in the lore?
    Yeah, I can tolerate things that arent on my screen entire time. I can't tolerate seeing rocket launchers accompanying me through every part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by nysisyn View Post
    Tinker is coming !

Even if tinker do not fit the theme... Tinker make sense while necro and dark ranger do not because they overlap with existing class & spec

And we are not 100% sure next expansion is death themed ONLY
    And Holy Paladin overlaps with Holy Priest. Still both exist. Sorry, but that's bullshit.