Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Rather have a D2 remake/remaster version, i have my doubts that blizz can make a good D4.

- - - Updated - - -

I also feel that blizz feels forced to make a D4 after all the shit they got with immortal and all, lets just hope they dont make one just for making one.
    Do you hear the voices too?

I honestly think they are going to be bringing Diablo Immortal, Diablo 4, and Diablo 3 expansion 2 / mini expansion. They said they had 3 Diablo projects in the works not including the Netflix show.

https://imgur.com/gallery/y79706v

If you zoom in on the top left corner, it has Diablo IV and artists names.

15+ Year Old Account

Think this one is probably for you guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Fallout 76 would like a word with you.

The funny thing about D3, despite all the complaining about it, is that it has withstood the test of time. All these years later people still login at the start of each season no matter how lackluster that season is and the game is still alive for the first half of the season. Just like PoE, it's active at the start of every season and then the activity fades fast going into the later half of the season. Even if you absolutely hated D3 because it was too different from D2, you can't say it hasn't been a success for Blizzard. It sold well, and people continue to play it despite the bare minimum effort from Blizzard.

No offense but speak for yourself really. The last time I played Diablo 3 was during the start of season 4 in RoS thats it. I hate the fact there is barely any new storyline campaign contents after the RoS. No the Necromancer is just a new class... I wanted something new like how they do with PoE contents. The launch release of Diablo 3 was a disaster I say hell it is almost as bad as Fallout 76 in term of quality. The loot system and the real life money Auction house for vanilla Diablo 3 what turned me off the most about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibliomaniac View Post
    It will be diablo 4 coming to andoid and ios, so you and your family can slay demons anywhere!
    The mene died months ago it's time to move on
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    No offense but speak for yourself really. The last time I played Diablo 3 was during the start of season 4 in RoS thats it. I hate the fact there is barely any new storyline campaign contents after the RoS. No the Necromancer is just a new class... I wanted something new like how they do with PoE contents. The launch release of Diablo 3 was a disaster I say hell it is almost as bad as Fallout 76 in term of quality. The loot system and the real life money Auction house for vanilla Diablo 3 what turned me off the most about the game.
    D3 see sees a ton of activity at the start of each new season so he wasn'tspeaking for you but in general. Also D3 launch was almost 8 years ago. A lot has changed. The reason for no story elements is because Blizzard read the tea leaves wrong and abandoned the 2nd expansion for D4 development. Had they gone through with it the narrative on D3 would be even better IMO according to the rumor of it being us confronting and taking down Imperius.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    But irrational grudges within immature people are for ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qoning View Post
    https://imgur.com/gallery/y79706v

If you zoom in on the top left corner, it has Diablo IV and artists names.
    Glasses on or off all I see is a blurry image.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I honestly think they are going to be bringing Diablo Immortal, Diablo 4, and Diablo 3 expansion 2 / mini expansion. They said they had 3 Diablo projects in the works not including the Netflix show.
    My impression is it was Immortal, 4, and 2 remaster.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Rather have a D2 remake/remaster version, i have my doubts that blizz can make a good D4.

- - - Updated - - -

I also feel that blizz feels forced to make a D4 after all the shit they got with immortal and all, lets just hope they dont make one just for making one.
    It was already being made, and was on it's third iteration. D4 had been rebooted twice. Hence the reason for the o show last year. Rumored 3rd person souls like and a 1st person games didn't pass the muster so they went back to the drawing board.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 4 coming with social credit score systems included!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Ever since Titan fell apart Blizzard has been lost. Tons of developers worked years on the project and put their soul into it. Then all that came out of it was a team fortress 2 clone. That had to have crushed the spirit and confidence of the developers. Metzen had anxiety attacks for years after that and tons of people quit the company. Blizzard really lost their soul after that. I would like to see what they came up with down the road as a documentary. They did do a slight documentary on the failure of titan but they never actually showed what the project looked like. Blizzard had to beg to Kotick to even let them even use "Overwatch" from it since it was a pretty simple game similar to Team Fortress 2.
    I think you over estimate how many people were working on "Titan". It was mostly a small team concepting it for a long time, then a small team working on it until 2011. Then it shifted to full production but then it was just over 100 people, including the dozens that started it.. sometime in 2012 they decided to reboot it into somerhingelse that became OW.

I appreciate your concern for the people that worked on it and what not, but 100s of games and movies do the exact same thing yearly. It really is just par for the course.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Diablo 4 coming with social credit score systems included!
    Ah yes the clout people got from deleting Blizzard accounts and tweeting pics of it and the karma on reddit will last forever. How could I forget.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by xayid View Post
    but it probably also holds the record of the most damage done to a franchise ever.
    Not even close.

Ah yes the clout people got from deleting Blizzard accounts and tweeting pics of it and the karma on reddit will last forever. How could I forget.
    I bet those HK citizens would rather see people delete their Blizzard accounts in protest than money to help support their cause. But again, hating on Blizzard is the easy 0 sacrifice thing. Donating money to charities and actually taking a stand would be too hard. It's all just thoughts and prayers.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    No offense but did you read what you quoted? I didn't say that everyone still plays, I said that the first half of each season is still quite lively after all these years. I wasn't giving you a personal opinion, or saying that you should feel any particular way, just that the game continues to be popular at the start of new seasons, and that by all metrics it's a success for Blizzard. As opposed to something like Fallout 76 which is a critical failure. You personally hating D3 doesn't change any of that.

I like PoE quite a bit, but lets not pretend that each league has great content. Synthesis league was almost universally hated and completely destroyed the game's itemization. This current league is a laggy buggy mess. Last league was pretty fantastic though. Also PoE balance is some of the most horrendous in any ARPG ever. 41% of people are playing Necromancer this league, the next highest played class is Assassin with 9% and then it drops off even more sharply from there. In Synthesis the vast majority of players played two classes.

You can love a game and talk about its failings and you can hate a game and still acknowledge its success.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

I am super excited for an announcement today and a release date four-to-six years from now.

I'm sure it's got enough hype to last half a decade, right?

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    I am super excited for an announcement today and a release date four-to-six years from now.

I'm sure it's got enough hype to last half a decade, right?
    Joke or not, bethesda is doing this with elder scrolls 6 lol. Just showed a wide shot and some music and that's it. I think they mentioned they are going to work on it after they are done with 2 or 3 games first. But i think ESO is more popular than Diablo, so the hype will indeed last half a decade for their game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    No offense but did you read what you quoted? I didn't say that everyone still plays, I said that the first half of each season is still quite lively after all these years. I wasn't giving you a personal opinion, or saying that you should feel any particular way, just that the game continues to be popular at the start of new seasons, and that by all metrics it's a success for Blizzard. As opposed to something like Fallout 76 which is a critical failure. You personally hating D3 doesn't change any of that.

I like PoE quite a bit, but lets not pretend that each league has great content. Synthesis league was almost universally hated and completely destroyed the game's itemization. This current league is a laggy buggy mess. Last league was pretty fantastic though. Also PoE balance is some of the most horrendous in any ARPG ever. 41% of people are playing Necromancer this league, the next highest played class is Assassin with 9% and then it drops off even more sharply from there. In Synthesis the vast majority of players played two classes.

You can love a game and talk about its failings and you can hate a game and still acknowledge its success.
    Yeah but just because the game is active as you said at the start of each season doesn't mean it is great game quality wise I am talking here. Call of Duty black ops 2 and 3 still pretty damn active does that mean it is a great fantastic game? hell no (Then again I am pretty biased toward fps games I pretty much play every genre except sports and first persona shooters).

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I will probably die laughing if the Diablo announcement is nothing more than a release date for Immortal along with 'content patches' for it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but just because the game is active as you said at the start of each season doesn't mean it is great game quality wise I am talking here. Call of Duty black ops 2 and 3 still pretty damn active does that mean it is a great fantastic game? hell no (Then again I am pretty biased toward fps games I pretty much play every genre except sports and first persona shooters).
    If it wasn't a great game quality-wise would it still be being played all these years later? As far as whether CoD is a great fantastic game or not .. In its genre? Probably. Again, otherwise it wouldn't sell as well as it does year after year. Whether we personally like or dislike something ... people aren't going to buy it if it's shit. Devs and franchise can only carry things so far, see Fallout 76, that Star Wars game with the micro transaction fiasco, and Infinite Warfare as good examples of this. Oh and the latest Marvel vs Capcom game which died within a month.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Not really because of 2 reasons.

1. All D3 is missing from D2 ( apart from druid/amazon etc ) is runewords that let you have auras or other effect that would need heavy balancing etc ( Even tho the cube is for that basically ) People only PvP in D2 to try and "Flagship" the game and because they are bored and try to justify certain loot and twinking.

2. Even if D4 was everything amazing that D2 had it would still get hate because that's what " Kool kids " do, If its not a D2 clone with better look shit then its total trash. So its a pointless and wasted effort to make D4.
    They need the gearing system from D2 where gear provided + levels to skills so you could play a Swarm Necro and have like 100 minions out or just cast Teeth and wipe out a dungeon.