Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Terrible lol. I joined a friends guild from retail, they chose a PVE server... decided to still go with them anyway, I'd prefer to play with people I know, and I've known some of them since vanilla.

They are also a bunch of slackers, they are officers in retail as well, and they do nothing (they think they do though, not sure why).

I was pugging before my guild was ready, MC was super easy killing Rag before he phased, even easier than private servers. Knowing my friends from retail are a bunch of slackers, there is no way we'll struggle with MC.

We had our first raid 2 weeks ago. It went bad. Communication from my officer retail friends was pretty much non existent to members in the guild, lots of complaining about this, which went ignored.

We also somehow had no RL, or officer/GM that wanted to do it. Apparently our GM, couldn't MT and RL at the same time... I think he just used that as an excuse (a bad one at that) to not RL.

So we had this total silence in raid, with no direction from officers at all. We had members complaining, getting no answers. Finally a random member said fuck it, I'll RL. His English was bad... Killed up to Shazzrah, as MC is a joke, trash was horrible though, with clueless tanks not knowing how to pull.

The only way I got through this, was being stoned out my nut and finding it hilarious.

So after that awful raid, the officers promised to turn things around.

They didn't. Nothing changed, well in fact, things got worse.

The random member who RL the last raid, is now suddenly an officer. My issue with this is, he was utter shite. We recruit another tank, who talks a big game. All of a sudden he is an officer, and assistant RL lol. It turned out he had never tanked before, and had raided MC once, the week before, as DPS. So our new RL and "assistant" RL, one speaks broken English (he would go over tactics, and confuse me) and the other just doesn't know what to do. Oh and our new tank freaked out when tank gloves dropped from first boss and our GM won them.

Anyway, 2nd raid was an utter shit show. Only got up to Shazzrah again, but this run was worse. Officer silence again (besides our new RLs who I couldn't understand) and nothing learned on how to pull trash.

So after the 2nd raid, members are not happy, lots of complaints.

The next day, our feral druid, started complaining on discord, saying the officers are slackers, we need more communication and basically that he is not happy. He got kicked for this, by disrespecting our GM, telling him he wasn't taking his role seriously. Even though I've known the GM for like 15 years, I know this feral druid, who I've known for like 3 weeks, is right.

That basically starts a domino effect, we go from 35-40 level 60s, down to about 5-8 level 60s within a few days.

I'm remaining in the guild for the time being, they have said they are going to rebuild. I want to see how. They had recruited a recruitment officer before classic released. This person was the only one I saw recruit and he has now left.

I've got a solid pug I can raid with weekly, so I should be ok to get geared without a proper guild.

The main thing that pisses me off, is that it's clear that my friends from retail don't want to do any leading. So why the fuck do you create your own guild? It would have been far more productive, if we joined another guild as a group of players that just want to raid, without the leading part.

Still having great fun with classic maybe this has made it even better.

If you need a leader and "tactics" for molten core, you guys have bigger problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    If you need a leader and "tactics" for molten core, you guys have bigger problems.
    If you think you're going to have a good time in 40 man raids with zero leadership, you're gonna have a bad time.

Couple more points, our GM MT was in mostly lvl 45-47 blues. I gave him a quick run through UBRS, so he at least had a decent shield. His pulling in MC was trash, the following week he let the new tank do it. He was worse at pulling.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2019-11-01 at 11:07 AM.

If you think you're going to have a good time in 40 man raids with zero leadership, you're gonna have a bad time.
    I was clearing MC in actual vanilla when everyone was retarded with no voice coms or leader. There are literally no mechanics, the only way for you to fail in MC is if you have players that are basically ray charles.

People that aren't even LFR quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was clearing MC in actual vanilla when everyone was retarded with no voice coms or leader. There are literally no mechanics, the only way for you to fail in MC is if you have players that are basically ray charles.

People that aren't even LFR quality.
    I cleared up to Naxx in actual vanilla, what's your point? People didn't care if you didn't clear a raid in the first week, or if things went terrible.

You require leadership in a 40 man raid, if you actually read what I said, you'll see the flaws in the raid, mainly down to terrible trash pulling.

If you join a raiding guild and none of the officers actually do any leading in the first raid (we had silence, with people asking what's up, only getting ignored), do you just expect everything to go easily? I know MC is a joke, I cleared it in a pug before my guild and I am now pugging it again, clearing it easy, but the pugs I join, have actual leadership.

LFR is usually horrible to do when it's just out.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2019-11-01 at 11:16 AM.

I cleared up to Naxx in actual vanilla, what's your point?

You require leadership in a 40 man raid, if you actually read what I said, you'll see the flaws in the raid, mainly down to terrible trash pulling.
    And I am telling you that nothing should matter in MC. It's literally a lower difficulty lv than LFR, pulling trash shouldn't have any tactic requirement, it basically dies right away.

Seriously.

Guild just split because people were unhappy guild leadership assigned themselves all first legendaries up until Atiesh already. Even fucking ZG tiger.

All Norwegian guild, currently working on setting up a raid team number 2. Clearing Ony/MC in one night. So I guess things are good.

- - - Updated - - -

Serious question; have you cleared MC yet? Not saying it is hard, but saying it takes no leadership is actual bullshit in most raid groups. People are morons, people don't know what to do. That's why you need a leader to tell them to move out of melee on Ragnaros, gtfo with bombs etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

since lots of members are now geared and we had plenty of new recruits, we started going split runs for our raids this week.
    Cleared everything with a few bumps here and there while adjusting to smaller numbers. all in all going strong and active.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I am telling you that nothing should matter in MC. It's literally a lower difficulty lv than LFR, pulling trash shouldn't have any tactic requirement, it basically dies right away.

Seriously.
    And I'm telling you when you have a raiding guild of 40 people, they require some leadership and guidance. I've never done a MC raid where there is zero leadership until now, and I did it plenty on private servers.

If you think a brand new guild can have it's very first raid in total silence, a bunch of people who have not raided together before, no guidance at all, not played vanilla for 15 years (or didn't even play vanilla) and just expect everyone to do what they are meant to, then you're a fool.

You clearly don't see the organising your officers do (if you are playing that is).

If it was me and my private server friends, sure, we could do our first raid with our eyes closed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Serious question; have you cleared MC yet? Not saying it is hard, but saying it takes no leadership is actual bullshit in most raid groups. People are morons, people don't know what to do. That's why you need a leader to tell them to move out of melee on Ragnaros, gtfo with bombs etc.
    Pretty much this.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2019-11-01 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Apanonar View Post
    Guild just split because people were unhappy guild leadership assigned themselves all first legendaries up until Atiesh already. Even fucking ZG tiger.
    We were or are in same guild I guess. Whats your Char name?

LFR is usually horrible to do when it's just out.
    That's because LFR still has about 200 more mechanics then MC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    That's because LFR still has about 200 more mechanics then MC.
    And you can ignore 199 of them. Comparing LFR to MC is just a dumb thing to do in the first place.

Terrible DPS is the most common problem in LFR, resulting in enraging mechanics, the one you can't ignore.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2019-11-01 at 11:44 AM.

And you can ignore 199 of them, or 200 in many cases because they don't do anything. Comparing LFR to MC is just a dumb thing to do in the first place.
    Not really, considering the average player in classic can clear it, it's pretty much right in line. It's certainly not even close to normal.

MC is what it is but hard it is not, requires leadership it does not. It's a zerg fest, just like LFR is. Except even LFR bosses don't die in sub 1 min.

If you have to take the time to explain or lead MC mechanics to a player then they are definitely an LFR raider if they play retail and don't sniff higher difficulties. It's literally as simple and bare bones as the game has ever been(and obviously so since it was the first raid).

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, considering the average player in classic can clear it, it's pretty much right in line. It's certainly not even close to normal.

MC is what it is but hard it is not, requires leadership it does not. It's a zerg fest, just like LFR is. Except even LFR bosses don't die in sub 1 min.
    My dead guild is proof that leadership is required. If a guild has bad leadership, they won't survive in classic, people will leave for a better organised guild.

Raids do require leadership, and the majority have them, you clearly don't play classic, or take for granted the things your officers do.

Just another example of how there was no leadership, even the groups weren't done properly, and anyone that asked for changes to them, got ignored.

I'm not saying you require a RL, I don't either (the RL we ended up using just confused me, so I would ignore him anyway). It's these other random people that have been recruited to the guild that do.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2019-11-01 at 11:54 AM.

My dead guild is proof that leadership is required. If a guild has bad leadership, they won't survive in classic, people will leave for a better organised guild.

Raids do require leadership, and the majority have them.
    Nothing says requiring leadership like raid bosses that die faster then dungeon bosses on retail.

No amount of leadership is gonna make a player that can't understand MC mechanics be a viable raider. Ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing says requiring leadership like raid bosses that die faster then dungeon bosses on retail.

No amount of leadership is gonna make a player that can't understand MC mechanics be a viable raider. Ever.
    The bosses were all one shot, bar Garr because of a bad pull. I've not once said bosses were a problem, perhaps read my OP?

But the trash was awful, and that's where the complaints were, along with the lack of leadership/organising from officers.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2019-11-01 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    I mean... Good reading comprehension I guess, that's literally what I said we had all done.

The issue for Blizzard is that they decided to release a game with a very definite shelf life (Classic) while their main game was deep into one of its biggest content lulls. Anecdotally, they've now straight up lost 20+ committed, paying subscribers because Classic simply isn't engaging enough gameplay-wise to keep our attention and retail is not in the best shape right now. "Enjoying the massive world" is something we already did 14 years ago, and the "epic pvp" is two shotting people over and over again without even having a progress tracker, let alone any rewards. I did that, as well, 14 years ago, when there were no games on the market doing PvP or "massive world" better - now, there are plenty, so we've done what you suggested and quit playing WoW entirely.
    Makes sense, no game last forever and not every game is for everyone.
    Sorry to see you go.

Not sorry to see retail suffer but sorry that the Blizzard experience has pushed you out of the game.

My guild is faring well. We've just started raiding, though we have to pug a few spots. Our first night we one-shot every boss through Baron Geddon, then had a couple of pulls on Shazzrah. Pretty good for less than 3 hours with crap gear. And we took the rest of the week off because Halloween. We're certainly not clearing content with the big guilds, but we're having a lot of fun.

Organizing is difficult. My job as GM has been primarily herding cats. It's cool - I don't have another job.

The funny thing is, I didn't envision my guild being this large, or even raiding as a guild tbqh. When I had my 9 friends sign the charter on Day 2, I thought we'd be a silly little crew of misfits flagged on the RP realm baiting alliance into fighting with us, then attacking Southshore when we finally hit 60. But the core leadership have raided for a long time, so I guess it's not that big of a surprise (and we know how to HANDLE IT!).

i hit level 60 a month ago. Around level 10 i joined a friends guild, everything looked nice at first. When i hit level 60, everyone was around level 40. A couple days ago, i relogged to find everyone was the same level as a month ago. MY alt (which i didnt join this guild) reached level 40, and they were still level 40.
    I left that guild. The guild my alt is in right now looks exactly the same, barely active, with everyone between levels 20 to 40.

Its my fault for joining a PvE realm.

120+ people on daily with 160 max.

3 raid teams pve focused with another raid team on the way pvp focused

All 3 raid teams are unique players, no alts atm.

All 3 raid teams have completed mc/ony and can complete in under 3 hours. My raid team in particular finished mc/ony in 2 hours 40mins.