Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    One way or another, this thread is going to be entertaining in a few hours. Either the Tinker hopeful will be saying they knew it all along or the people who hate the idea of Tinkers is going to be back to talk shit to Tinker lovers.
    I mean one thing is for absolute 100% sure, even if there was a "Tinker" class, it ain't gonna be called "Tinker".

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    One way or another, this thread is going to be entertaining in a few hours. Either the Tinker hopeful will be saying they knew it all along or the people who hate the idea of Tinkers is going to be back to talk shit to Tinker lovers.
    Either Tinker gets added or it doesn't. I'm going to be slightly disappointed if it doesn't but that's really it. There's no reason for lovers/haters to shit on each other based on what happens next.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I will be honest right now, no matter what the new class is I am playing it. Tinker, Dark Ranger, Necromancer, Dragonsworn. I have played and mastered every class over the years and this won't change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    So is there like, any evidence at all, any actual reason to believe in Tinkers beyond "Mechagnomes are in the game!!!"? Honest question.
    They were in WC3.
    They've been a part of WoW as long as gnomes and goblins have (the whole time).
    They are the most requested class, and Blizzard has acknowledged that people want them.
    There is no other class that represents the mechanical abilities of goblins, gnomes, or anyone else who would use technology in combat, even though it's pretty common in Warcraft in general.

*Mekkatorque, Gallywix, and Gazlowe were all featured in the War Campain, specifically demonstrating their combat styles as tinkers.
    *Mechagon demonstrated loads more tech based combat styles.
    *There are island expedition teams for both factions that have tech based tank, range dps, and healer NPCs.

The three last points are specifically tied to BfA, which is why I think that they'd be coming now. It looks like a way to set up a class ahead of time rather than relying on a new expansion's theme. It's not conclusive, obviously, but it's a pretty decent set of evidence for their presence in Warcraft, and Blizzard's recent attention to the idea.

Can't wait for all the tears when Tinker gets announced.

may aswell say the same thing here dark ranger is most likly not gona happen becus dark ranger is still in horde faction even Delaryn Summermoon joins the horde in the calia becoms forsaken leader video from ptr
    the elfs that fighted back in darkshore were wisp and ghost not dark ranger versions
    faction problem is in the dark ranger thing + they dont want to do another demon hunter thing where it is race locked

necromancer seems more likely but so far the 17 juni leak that told us most of the stuff that gona happen seems to even say tinker and skin class
    so its a wait and see https://imgur.com/a/etFZctZ people can try to say it is debunked but this was around the time blizzard fired 500+ people so does not surprise me
    it even says shadowland so its a wait and see and to see what blizzard scratched to do different

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Either Tinker gets added or it doesn't. I'm going to be slightly disappointed if it doesn't but that's really it. There's no reason for lovers/haters to shit on each other based on what happens next.
    This is how I feel too even down to the slight disappointment. You know there’s still gonna be rampant bashing from the side that “wins”

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I will be honest right now, no matter what the new class is I am playing it. Tinker, Dark Ranger, Necromancer, Dragonsworn. I have played and mastered every class over the years and this won't change that.

Agreed, even though I’m not super keen on another dark/death/shadow class

Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    This is how I feel too even down to the slight disappointment. You know there’s still gonna be rampant bashing from the side that “wins”

Agreed, even though I’m not super keen on another dark/death/shadow class
    Yeah same here on both points. The only real disappointment for me would be no class at all, but I give that like 0.1% chance to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    haha you're probably right..

but still if the theme is death the logical counter would not be death no matter how much some people want that.
    The logical counter most definitely is not going to be robots, no matter how much some middleschoolers want that.

Also, Wotlk. Death vs death works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    So is there like, any evidence at all, any actual reason to believe in Tinkers beyond "Mechagnomes are in the game!!!"? Honest question.
    1.Mechagon and Mechagnomes.
    2.Gazlowe's abilities from Heroes of the Storm (where he is portrayed as a Tinker) wound up in his Island Expedition team's abilities, and they all had level requirements.
    3.Gazlowe replaced Gallywix as leader of the Goblins. Gazlowe hinted at potentially working with the Gnomes in Mechagon.
    4.Mekkatorque became a raid boss in his mech, and (I suppose) unified the Gnomes and Mechagnomes.
    5.Multiple NPCs including IE Gazlowe displayed mech-based mechanics that were new for BFA.
    6.New Goblin mech model (AMOD/GMOD)
    7.Motherlode and the retaking of Kezan

We'll know in a few hours if any of that meant anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Guildenstern View Post
    The logical counter most definitely is not going to be robots, no matter how much some middleschoolers want that.

i never claimed it would be mister adult man.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    No. Me being right means that everyone else is wrong. Fuck Tinkers thread incoming in 4 hours

There's zero reason to put down others just because of their ideas and opinions. Don't call others "middle schoolers" when you can't have a discussion as an adult.

- - - Updated - - -

No. Me being right means that everyone else is wrong. Fuck Tinkers thread incoming in 4 hours
    Why do you care so much?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I said this in another thread, but my thinking is this:

It was revealed at some point (Jailor of the Damned, I think?) that the Frozen Throne is a gateway/portal/link to the Shadowlands. Fine. Wonderful. So that means we can GET to the Shadowlands via that route.

But that makes no guarantee we can get back.

So, enter the Tinker, who creates some sort of time-space-dimensional rift transport thing (Shadowlands Humanoid Interdimensional Transporter, or SHIT for short?) that lets us get BACK to Azeroth. It's not the most simple of class links, but it could work if Blizzard is adamant on implementing Tinkers.

Why are you going to go and call people middle schoolers? It speaks a great deal to YOUR maturity.

If death v death worked so well the first tine then why should we add more? Especially dark rangers?

You seem awfully emotionally invested in a class in a game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cloudotq View Post
    I said this in another thread, but my thinking is this:

It was revealed at some point (Jailor of the Damned, I think?) that the Frozen Throne is a gateway/portal/link to the Shadowlands. Fine. Wonderful. So that means we can GET to the Shadowlands via that route.

But that makes no guarantee we can get back.

So, enter the Tinker, who creates some sort of time-space-dimensional rift transport thing (Shadowlands Humanoid Interdimensional Transporter, or SHIT for short?) that lets us get BACK to Azeroth. It's not the most simple of class links, but it could work if Blizzard is adamant on implementing Tinkers.
    Lol I love it

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I don't know it it is a rule that class must fit its expansion.
    It has been thus far, and adding a class that thematically has nothing to do with the expansion is just a pretty weird, random decision in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    Why are you going to go and call people middle schoolers? It speaks a great deal to YOUR maturity.

If death v death worked so well the first tine then why should we add more? Especially dark rangers?

You seem awfully emotionally invested in a class in a game.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol I love it
    I never said I was perfect. I'm emotionally invested in pretty much everything around me. If they add tinkers, I am going to have to skip this expansion altogether.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aynen View Post
    Tinkers sounds like the type of class that is really fun for a while because of all the bells and whistles it would have, but those would stop being fun really quickly. The class needs to feel heroic and cool for it to feel like it belongs as a player character in an rpg, which is why I think monks aren't as populair either. They're not "cool", they're "quirky".
    +1. Unless the class blows my mind I personally have no interest whatsoever in even bothering to roll one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Not .... really?
    It actually is: Another example is Destruction Warlock is only a Fire Mage with more primeval fire damage tabbed through the twisting nether. But in the end it's still nearly the same as a fricking fire mage.

So why can't necromancer exist just because Death Knights can summon a fricking ghoul? Sorry, but it is actually the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    It actually is: Another example is Destruction Warlock is only a Fire Mage with more primeval fire damage tabbed through the twisting nether. But in the end it's still nearly the same as a fricking fire mage.

So why can't necromancer exist just because Death Knights can summon a fricking ghoul? Sorry, but it is actually the same.
    Because people using very bad arguments when they are vehemently against something happening for personal reasons.

Every class has shared/overlapped themes with other classes. Its inevitable when the game only has 3 primary roles.

They could very easily create a truly unique class with necromancer. They could focus on casting abilities through pets, they could allow you to actually take control of your pet and essentially "play" as it, they can have the first true multi-pet class that isn't reliant on CDs or procs to get more than one pet out.

There is even a logic to making necro the first cloth-based tank spec, by either having pets "tank" or by having the necro tank and utilizing his minions to protect him, as a sort of "bone armor"