Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Two months have passed for classic and the game is still doing very well. Lots of people are playing. I am 100% certain it exceeded Blizzard's expectations on it.
    Blizz' expectation was low. Aagin, nostaliga fueled. But that is irrelevant to the fact that unless you know every palyer who plays retail, you cannot say what they think of the cuyrrent systems. And btw, nmany of those playing classic right now weren't subbed for BFA, so they don't matter to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Blizz' expectation was low. Aagin, nostaliga fueled. But that is irrelevant to the fact that unless you know every palyer who plays retail, you cannot say what they think of the cuyrrent systems. And btw, nmany of those playing classic right now weren't subbed for BFA, so they don't matter to begin with.
    Look man, I don't have much to say about whether or not classic wow but it was successful. We can debate about which features are better or not, but I will always prefer the game from the past because it made "sense" to me. I connected with it and I loved it. I don't love the current game.

And yes, those that subbed to classic and not for BFA do matter because they chose classic and not BFA. Blizzard should look at this and ask themselves on what to do.

But it doesn't matter. Blizzard is fucking slow at changing and letting go of their pride. They're like any other top tier AAA corporation right now. They clearly have to do something or else the same thing will keep happening.

Classic was announced two years ago. If they wanted more money, they should've released Classic a long time ago. They didn't. I promise: Either these guys are extremely prideful people for creating the best/successful mmo on the market and were going to stick to their guns on classic not being released, or actually opened their eyes and saw an actual demand for this kind of content.

Also no idea why you are saying it did not, It went way fucking up in twitch and lots of server pops are high with it. It's clearly doing well.
    They made it because money. They do everything because money.
    It did not suprise them. They anticipated the success.

- - - Updated - - -

Look man, I don't have much to say about whether or not classic wow but it was successful. We can debate about which features are better or not, but I will always prefer the game from the past because it made "sense" to me. I connected with it and I loved it. I don't love the current game.

And yes, those that subbed to classic and not for BFA do matter because they chose classic and not BFA. Blizzard should look at this and ask themselves on what to do.

But it doesn't matter. Blizzard is fucking slow at changing and letting go of their pride. They're like any other top tier AAA corporation right now. They clearly have to do something or else the same thing will keep happening.
    They dont care at this point about what you play, retail or classic. 15 is 15

Youtuber man makes video.

More news at 11

Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    Possibly because not everyone is so black and white in their thinking as to make ridiculous, sweeping generalisations.

It's a pretty cynical outlook to assume that a content creator doesn't ever express any genuine views because they're explicitly trying to monetise every single word.
    Except that it's true. Preach, Asmongold, Swifty, Grummz, Esfand, etc... They are all the same. Say whatever will get them the most clicks, views, and revenue. It's what ALL streamers do. None of them should be taken seriously.
    Keep moving forward. - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by WinningOne View Post
    Someone rambling on for 30 minutes with negative statements about Blizzard and World of Warcraft is not unexpected. Sorry, I don't have anything in common with someone who has "outrage" and "furious anger" about the state of a video game.
    He's passionate about wow and you're not.

So you go back to your World Quests and LFR without experiencing any kind of glaring issues the game has. If every wow player just did WQs and LFR, there wouldn't be any criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    Except that it's true. Preach, Asmongold, Swifty, Grummz, Esfand, etc... They are all the same. Say whatever will get them the most clicks, views, and revenue. It's what ALL streamers do. None of them should be taken seriously.
    I do think Bellular is the one that is on this strategy tbh. Daily one video (per channel ), two channels solely about this, editors lining up at his doorstep, clickbait etc.

Preach is different in many ways. His intention is VERY different to begin with. Clicks and views don't affect him too much because he is demonetized, his income comes from Patreon.
    Also preach is in contact with the players, the inner circle, the number crunchers, the "clever use of game mechanics"-ers. What he says is not just his opinion, there are simple facts too. And his insight nowadays is probably the most thorough of all regular wow personalities thanks to his connections. What i like about preach is that he managed to stay humble. He is just a guy who talks about his favorite videogame(s). Just look at the other streamers, ugh.

Asmongold is just a leech clown at this point, and he doesn't even make youtube videos anymore as far as I'm aware. If you think he is comparable with preach (as content creator) then you're honestly delusional.
    And then lastly, please note the difference between streaming (twitch) and youtube. Two very, VERY different platform with very VERY different communication strategy and purpose.
    Last edited by Lei; 2019-11-01 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    I do think Bellular is the one that is on this strategy tbh. Daily one video (per channel ), two channels solely about this, editors lining up at his doorstep, clickbait etc.

Preach is different in many ways. His intention is VERY different to begin with. Clicks and views don't affect him too much because he is demonetized, his income comes from Patreon.
    Also preach is in contact with the players, the inner circle, the number crunchers, the "clever use of game mechanics"-ers. What he says is not just his opinion, there are simple facts too. And his insight nowadays is probably the most thorough of all regular wow personalities thanks to his connections. What i like about preach is that he managed to stay humble. He is just a guy who talks about his favorite videogame(s). Just look at the other streamers, ugh.

Asmongold is just a leech clown at this point, and he doesn't even make youtube videos anymore as far as I'm aware. If you think he is comparable with preach (as content creator) then you're honestly delusional.
    And then lastly, please note the difference between streaming (twitch) and youtube. Two very, VERY different platform with very VERY different communication strategy and purpose.
    But Preach is living in a bubble. He even admits it. He is minority. Sure, he may or may not represent hc raiders and articulate problems they may encounter but it is still his opinion. He has knowledge about the mechanics. He lack humility if anything because he believe is his way or high way.

I dont watch him anymore because of said bubble. Boss strategies, class guides etc are done better by other guys and gals.

There was a video that i cant find out anymore where he was so full of himself calling out all LFR that they got what they deserve and basically mocking them when the news drop that WoD LFR would not drop sets and only ugly gear. He rambled like drunk and was basically saying the blizz fixed entire game and that you will need to raid ot quit.

Funny thing how it turned out. And he didnt change since, he still live in a bubble and believes he is the smartest guy in the room.

Butr they don't matter in regards to what their opinion of BFA systems is since they don't play it. THe ones who matter are the ones who do. So once again., unless you know every single player that plays BFA, you cannot claim what the majority opinion is.

ANd, not they don't have to ask themselves anything. $15 is $15. And that $15 is for a BFA sub even if you aren't playing it. They are a very profitable company so no they don't have to make changes if they don't want to.

Basically what you want is the game catered solely and strictly to you and nobody else.

- - - Updated - - -

But in the end it is the same thing. He says what people ant to hear so they click on his videos then donate to his Patreon. You are naive to think Preach is anything mor than a guy who will say whatever gets him the most viewers and Pateron donations. You have been suckered.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Too long didn't watch; I'm really paraphrasing Preach's far better dialogue, but basically
    Unless you watch it all, your point is based off what you saw, and not everything he said. Yet you're using what he says as your backing point, but start saying you didn't watch it all because it's too long.

Just stop right there, and go back to the hole from whence you came. How can you agree with anything anyone says if you start with 'i didn't listen to everything you said, but i agree with you'

This is how shit becomes crap.

How come NO ONE can think for themselves and tell us how THEY FEEL. Remember writing book reports and having work cited pages. In real life, you don't need work cited to say what it is that YOU LEARNED and how YOU FEEL about what YOU KNOW.

Stop doing things you don't know why you do.

And the premise of this whole video is that they capped it at 30 and he as time to get everything else caught up. So right there, if the level cap wasn't at 30, his other side things would fall, ie professions, etc. But since there's a cap he can lay back some. Not how it is right now.
    Last edited by scelero; 2019-11-01 at 03:10 PM.

and its his own fault.

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    Unless you watch it all, your point is based off what you saw, and not everything he said. Yet you're using what he says as your backing point, but start saying you didn't watch it all because it's too long.

Just stop right there, and go back to the hole from whence you came. How can you agree with anything anyone says if you start with 'i didn't listen to everything you said, but i agree with you'

This is how shit becomes crap.

How come NO ONE can think for themselves and tell us how THEY FEEL. Remember writing book reports and having work cited pages. In real life, you don't need work cited to say what it is that YOU LEARNED and how YOU FEEL about what YOU KNOW.

Stop doing things you don't know why you do.

And the premise of this whole video is that they capped it at 30 and he as time to get everything else caught up. So right there, if the level cap wasn't at 30, his other side things would fall, ie professions, etc. But since there's a cap he can lay back some. Not how it is right now.
    Get a load of this guy. Imagine being so vitriolic while being completely wrong.

I just want to be able to login and raid high end mythic and not become very far behind if my busy work/social life is preventing me from doing all the side activities. I also want to be happy when an item drops and not think "Oh it didn't titanforge or it doesn't have a slot, it sucks".

This is not a f2p game that needs me to fork over money for convenience, they already got my money. The game doesn't need the layers and layers of RNG for a boss I can kill once a week and maybe get a drop from.

edit: I dont mean world first level, I mean cutting edge level
    Last edited by cadb; 2019-11-01 at 03:25 PM.

But in the end it is the same thing. He says what people ant to hear so they click on his videos then donate to his Patreon. You are naive to think Preach is anything mor than a guy who will say whatever gets him the most viewers and Pateron donations. You have been suckered.
    Well, it's same basic principle of any outlet spreading information and ideas.
    This very basic principle also applies to any newspaper since forever, they print news, opinion, stories, etc., people will buy if they enjoy the content that is being presented.
    Whether this is the truth or not, is secondary.

Simply because people buy it, doesn't make it true, but that also doesn't make it false by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Well, it's same basic principle of any outlet spreading information and ideas.
    This very basic principle also applies to any newspaper since forever, they print news, opinion, stories, etc., people will buy if they enjoy the content that is being presented.
    Whether this is the truth or not, is secondary.

Simply because people buy it, doesn't make it true, but that also doesn't make it false by default.
    But he is strictly opinion.with newspaper, they report actual news and actual facts. People buy them to keep up to date on what is going on in the world and what you get in one paper is largely going ot be the same in every other paper ie National news, local news, weather, sports and the editorials. Preach spews only opinion and knows exactly what kind of opinion will get him the most money. So, he goes negative because those are the ones who will subscribe and donate because they believe Preach validates the opinion as fact. Preach suckers everyone in.

But he is strictly opinion.with newspaper, they report actual news and actual facts.
    There are also more than enough books and papers that are basically: My Opinion.
    Every newspaper also has its share of editorials where people share their opinion.

Especially when it comes to game design, actual facts and hard data are very difficult to ascertain, because it's an art based industry.

Preach spews only opinion and knows exactly what kind of opinion will get him the most money.
    Well, that's your opinion.
    Because unless you can proof that he doesn't believe into what he's saying, that's just an accusation on your part.

If your sole proof is the fact that he's making money out of it...you're back at point 1, so does almost any media.

Butr they don't matter in regards to what their opinion of BFA systems is since they don't play it. THe ones who matter are the ones who do. So once again., unless you know every single player that plays BFA, you cannot claim what the majority opinion is.

ANd, not they don't have to ask themselves anything. $15 is $15. And that $15 is for a BFA sub even if you aren't playing it. They are a very profitable company so no they don't have to make changes if they don't want to.

Basically what you want is the game catered solely and strictly to you and nobody else.

- - - Updated - - -

He often says what I don't want to hear. I'm not his patron. I'm not his fan (I'm noone's fan. The fan gene is completely missing from me). Yet still I think his attitude is still better than other wow youtube content creators'. I rather watch someone who is not afraid to express his negative opinion (and his positive thoughts too!) than someone who always smiles at me on the screen, seems happy for everything, and maybe lets out a "fuck this siht" only behind the scenes. That's just fake. Or scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    And you think that none of that overlaps with what they actually think, or that sometimes they might not be planning out how each and every word can increase their revenue?

Obviously it's a job, and they want to grow their audiences, but they are also people and would probably prefer an audience that also shares their views. You're being needlessly cynical and absolutist about all this. Nuance can and does exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    He's passionate about wow and you're not.

So you go back to your World Quests and LFR without experiencing any kind of glaring issues the game has. If every wow player just did WQs and LFR, there wouldn't be any criticism.
    Actually, I only play classic. Anyway, his video isn't a criticism, it's a cliche.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    ~snip~
    The BlizzCon info about WoW, with Blizzard acknowledging and retracting their poor design decisions disqualifies what you've said in this thread. They made poor design decisions, for a long time, and players have hated it. They acknowledged that, and are attempting to fix it.

You can sit there and pretend like bad design philosophy doesn't lead to a decline in the game, but if the direction they went in hadn't yielded bad results they wouldn't have back tracked so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus
    A thread about how hard it is being a white dude is not really a reasonable topic.