Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Features I would like:
    1) Classes having a full kit with specs adding additional flavor/ focus.
    2) New Class (prefer Tinker but anything is better than nothing).
    3) Removal of endless grinds and most time gates.
    4) Gear becoming interesting without being mandatory to be effective in a spec.
    5) Flying being implemented at launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    because its artificial gatekeeping for players who want to get into PvP later during an expansion cycle
    That's like saying mythic gear is artificial gatekeeping for people who want to get into the hardest raids during an expansion cycle.

Until all PVP gear is normalized, it follows the same path of upgrading that PvE does. And yeah, mythic raiders can easily jump into LFR and destroy a DPS meter. There will always be people out there who are better geared than you and do what you want to do at a better rate because of it.

What it should not be is that mythic raiders are given an edge over PVPers because they played one side of the game and now have dominion over both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    bringing back reforging wont bring anything good to the game, people will still use 3rd party websites to determine which stat to reforge into what for optimal DPS, and the devs said that they dont want people to use 3rd party tools, eventhough they havent been that successful with that

- - - Updated - - -

so classic?

Venruki explains it perfectly.
    Classic just better.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post

Venruki explains it perfectly.
    Classic just better.
    so, it took him 20 min to say less RNG...

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    Below are some of the changes I'd like to see next expansion. With the success of classic, I think some of these will appeal to both sides of the fence. Agree or disagree, and feel free to add your own suggestions, just keep it civil.
    Ill try to keep it civil.

Flying available from launch.
    - Just make the requirement that you have to explore the whole area in full and do the main story line in each zone. This would make doing world quests and leveling alts far less painful. Its clear this is a huge demand from players, give it to us.
    Nope nope nope, Why build a world to level in when you fly over it and pass all the mobs. Leveling less painfull. Its not hard. This would take the fun out of it. Players who demand this need to stfu.
    Flying as is, is good. Maybe a patch sooner. But 1 patch or 1,5 without flying is okay. Think you should finnish the story and first raid must be cleared before they add it.

Question: why add it? leveling is not hard. You skipp all the mobs. Why play then?

Remove the Artifact/HoA type gear system.
    - While I enjoyed the artifact weapon system at first, it quickly became redundant and a grind system without an end. The same goes for HoA. These systems encourage no-lifing. Return to the days where raiding/high-end pvp provided bis.
    Yes and no. Its like garrisons. I dislike them. But instead of replacing it again. Look at good alternative or try to make something out of it. I kinda like the system so far.

Return reforging.
    - That will help upgrades even without getting warforge/titanforge procs.
    Okay, for raiders etc i agree with this one.

Bring back a simpler time in wow.
    - With N'zoth, the last of the old gods, defeated, the hero's of azeroth return home to find that old foes have been building their army's and are once again a threat to the people of azeroth. Drained of their power received from the heart of azeroth to defeat N'zoth, they are mere mortals again weary from years of battling not only N'zoth and his minion but also the legion before.
    ? simpler times? old foes? azoroth has not been simple since the dark portal. And old foes....we killed pretty much all of them ( or beat them into submission). Void lords are left....and that is pretty much it.

Take advantage of phasing tech more.
    - With both factions back on Kalimdor and The Earstern Kindoms, use phasing to make those zones scale up to max level. Make them original 1-119 And then from 120-125(new max level) actual zones, with the abilty to talk to chromie to visit the old world.
    What is the reason for scaling? storywise? Then yeah. But otherwise see no reason to it. And its a lot of work to remake all those zones for people like you who only want to fly over them. And they already have this system in place...darkshore, silithus?

Bring back the old pvp gear system.
    - Allow players to acquire honor/conquest and purchase the bits they want. The ability to grind bgs for a weekend and get basic pvp gear is far and above optimal to the system we have now. At the start of each season, let players buy last seasons best sub 2200 conquest gear with honor, while maybe putting small time gates on weapons as an incentive to pvp each season.
    yes, wow a good one.

Dungeons and raids.
    -Shortly after we return to Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms we find our cities under constant threat from the army's that have been building while we are gone. Major cities could be dungeons with each capitol, SW and Org, being the end raids for the first major content patch.
    - Use the same tech from BoD to change horde into alliance and alliance into horde when you are in the opposing factions city.
    Nope, no more faction war for atleast 2 expasions. And whe already have dungeons in city's......

Just a few thoughts. Agree or disagree, add your own suggestions, just keep it civil.
    I tried to keep it civil. But some of things where very cringe worthy. And i doubt you even play the game.

So in short:
    You want a game where you can fly , so you do not have to fight the mobs,
    No work in gearing just reforge,
    simple story
    with old foes
    with a system already in place ( phasing)
    And a new world map...where you can fly over...

for real...most of your points make me doubt if you play the game. Or want to play the game.

Bring back legiondaries

Bring back artifacts, keep all thatg, then add your cool features and class

Quote Originally Posted by ZerFunk View Post
    I just want the game to be harder, i can pull a bunch of shit and aoe it, the whole world is a joke, elites should fuck you up if you dont dodge shit, pulling more than 2 mobs shouldbe dangerous.
    i remember when they made mobs in the world scale to your level. and the complaining that followed it. yeah, people want easy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Flying once you get to max level ONCE makes all the sense in the world.

That said I'd be shocked if this changed from 2 stages of Pathfinder. But man, that seems like a great way to cheaply buy back some serious goodwill.... or maybe it's not that cheap at all in terms of lost MAUs.
    Sure. Consider gold inflation. 500k gold for flying on max level per character sounds about right. Be carefull whay you wish for. Blizz might also make you beg for pathfinder.

Just make flying universal but the content is designed around it: flying combat, flying mobs that can keep up with you, cannons, and other hazards that make flying as difficult as grounded travel... BUT, make removing these obstacles permanently an integral part of the natural progression of each zone.

Some zones could have a faction that starts off hating you and you have to grind rep with them so they stop knocking you off your mount. Another zone could have no restrictions on flying but a lot of indoor content. Yet another zone could have mobs that fire projectiles from the ground and you purchase consumables from a vendor in that zone that reflect that projectiles back at them. Another zone contains a multi-stage story progression (patch 9.1, patch 9.2...) that gradually lessens the frequency of these hazards.

7+ Year Old Account

Red face

I don’t give a damn about flights (doesn't matter if they’ll cut it out at all, which is very much acceptable, or they'll leave them), although, as for me, it’s time already long ago for change mechanics of their work, and not conditions of receipt, it was necessary to start changes exactly from this part (and even entire mount system could get general rework with this).

But, one some more big NO! for using any phasing/CRZ/shards//scaling $hit and similar technologies. Solid big world, which looks same for everyone, but not glitchful pieces for every person encountered it - only like this. I won't go into details here, because topic isn't about this, but it’s as simple as like that... and then also switch with saw, ax and rasp in hand to other automatic systems such as search and other heresies.

And by the way, it would not hurt them to finally understand how classes> talents> characteristics (= equipment = role) system works, this will certainly help a lot.

The rest is more or less look like a truth.

...On my own behalf, won't be lazy to add about need for returning of old models of basic races as customization choice (well, or! they have really talented artists, which can either bring new models in harmony with old ones (which, in theory, will require their complete processing, because they basically have nothing in common with each other), or finally provide exactly their (old) more modern equivalents), but they are kept in some casemates and don't really give them anything to do, and all work goes on open source to worthless mediocre amateurs). They may not even expect my emergence there without this, just as starting with WoD. If I'll want to play heroes from Shrek universe, I'll buy myself a console
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2020-11-05 at 08:39 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Ill try to keep it civil.

Nope nope nope, Why build a world to level in when you fly over it and pass all the mobs. Leveling less painfull. Its not hard. This would take the fun out of it. Players who demand this need to stfu.
    Flying as is, is good. Maybe a patch sooner. But 1 patch or 1,5 without flying is okay. Think you should finnish the story and first raid must be cleared before they add it.

Question: why add it? leveling is not hard. You skipp all the mobs. Why play then?

Yes and no. Its like garrisons. I dislike them. But instead of replacing it again. Look at good alternative or try to make something out of it. I kinda like the system so far.

Okay, for raiders etc i agree with this one.

? simpler times? old foes? azoroth has not been simple since the dark portal. And old foes....we killed pretty much all of them ( or beat them into submission). Void lords are left....and that is pretty much it.

What is the reason for scaling? storywise? Then yeah. But otherwise see no reason to it. And its a lot of work to remake all those zones for people like you who only want to fly over them. And they already have this system in place...darkshore, silithus?

yes, wow a good one.

Nope, no more faction war for atleast 2 expasions. And whe already have dungeons in city's......

I tried to keep it civil. But some of things where very cringe worthy. And i doubt you even play the game.

So in short:
    You want a game where you can fly , so you do not have to fight the mobs,
    No work in gearing just reforge,
    simple story
    with old foes
    with a system already in place ( phasing)
    And a new world map...where you can fly over...

for real...most of your points make me doubt if you play the game. Or want to play the game.
    My suggestion for flying is essentially the current pathfinder without the pointless time gate. Once I've done the quests in all the zones, and seen all the new content on foot, why do I need to run around for another year before I can fly.

I really don't get peoples hate of flying. But here we are, it's been said a million times bit I'll say it again, if you don't want flying, don't fly. Stop being the vegans of Warcraft. If you don't want it, that's fine, just don't try to force your wants on everyone else.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    So... classic?
    I mean, what he described is every expansion before MoP, if you take away all the "no crossrealm" stuff it's every expansion before Legion.

Zoomers.

My suggestion for flying is essentially the current pathfinder without the pointless time gate. Once I've done the quests in all the zones, and seen all the new content on foot, why do I need to run around for another year before I can fly.

I really don't get peoples hate of flying. But here we are, it's been said a million times bit I'll say it again, if you don't want flying, don't fly. Stop being the vegans of Warcraft. If you don't want it, that's fine, just don't try to force your wants on everyone else.
    I think the time gate is good. If you hit max level and can fly right away is stupid. Same goes for your alts. You will burn thru content that way. Instead of enjoying it. And its not time gated that much. They say in patch x or y. after getting achievement x or y you can get flying . your speed of getting it is all up to you.

Why people hate flying?!?! People hate the cry baby stuff about flying. We see that you guys want to fly because of a reason. But you do not listen to ours and the devs reason. The fact that will waste to much time of making stuff people just fly past. The fact it will increase the speed of the game. Ergo they need put out even more content etc etc. And then people whine...there is to much to do. No time to get x or y done.

And shame on you calling us vegans. I could turn it around. If you want to fly. go and use flypoints and walk up mountians and use slow fall etc. You guys are forcing ....we want to fly un us and the devs!!!!!
    And most of us are NOT against flying. we just think getting it for free, real fast after max level is stupid and ruins the game.

Better gameplay, fresh content, and less RNG crap on gear.

I think the time gate is good. If you hit max level and can fly right away is stupid. Same goes for your alts. You will burn thru content that way. Instead of enjoying it. And its not time gated that much. They say in patch x or y. after getting achievement x or y you can get flying . your speed of getting it is all up to you.

Why people hate flying?!?! People hate the cry baby stuff about flying. We see that you guys want to fly because of a reason. But you do not listen to ours and the devs reason. The fact that will waste to much time of making stuff people just fly past. The fact it will increase the speed of the game. Ergo they need put out even more content etc etc. And then people whine...there is to much to do. No time to get x or y done.

And shame on you calling us vegans. I could turn it around. If you want to fly. go and use flypoints and walk up mountians and use slow fall etc. You guys are forcing ....we want to fly un us and the devs!!!!!
    And most of us are NOT against flying. we just think getting it for free, real fast after max level is stupid and ruins the game.
    Again, if I've already done it on one toon, who or what is it hurting if I fly on alts. And yes, you are vegans, and you analogy is terrible. I've never seen anyone come up with a logical explanation for no flying, going through content on alts too fast isn't a valid reason. If YOU don't want to fly, DON'T, stop trying to force your ways onto everyone else.

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Again, if I've already done it on one toon, who or what is it hurting if I fly on alts. And yes, you are vegans, and you analogy is terrible. I've never seen anyone come up with a logical explanation for no flying, going through content on alts too fast isn't a valid reason. If YOU don't want to fly, DON'T, stop trying to force your ways onto everyone else.
    Again, you do not need to force flying on the rest of us, For reasons i have given them. You ignoring them is not me not typing them. And i ( and others like me) are not against flying. We are against flying to soon in a expansion. And funny, you say do not force walking on us. But you force flying and being ganked more easy in pvp because of that. Or loose mobs etc because that on us. So to make it clear.

Reasons:

time/money blizz:
    It would take them to much time to make content for flying and walking people. And the story they want to tell seems to take place on the ground

To fast content burn: Flying takes way less time. It will make us burn thru content way to fast. Then people will wine: there is not enough content. Also it takes away parts of the story. Because you pass a lot of good story. And i know that people want to level fast....by a freaking level boost then. And again, this will cost to much time and money on blizz ends for wasted content. Think of it like this. If you spend hours upon hours creating quests, area's etc and people just fly over it. It is wasted time they could have spent on something else. But if they do not put anything there. people will cry about lack of content.

To fast leveling: Leveling speed is just fine. Take timewarp dungeon quests...they are freaking amazing. And even faster leveling....is not needed.

To easy: Why give it so cheap/for free. Why not give us end game gear free 2? and all the rest. part of the game/a rpg ( it really is not a rpg anymore) is building up something. learning and work for it.

Ruins the game for others: Lets say you do not power level because of time/work etc. You level normal and not dinged yet. You farm something or a mob. But eachtime people dive bomb stuff because they fly. And you need to wait for a respawn/miss out of it. Or play pvp leveling and get ganked to easy like this. Making it a patch or 2 later. Gives you enough time to get to the max level.

Let me be clear:
    I do not hate flying. I think for old expansions flying should be on.

For current expansions flying should happen like it does now. A achievement or 2. That you can get on your own time table. So lets say after the first raid. Maybe the first or second content patch. Right now it is the second one. And i do not know for sure if that is the right move.

And once you do your achievement all your alts already get flying!??!?! so i do not know what this is about?

Again, you do not need to force flying on the rest of us, For reasons i have given them. You ignoring them is not me not typing them. And i ( and others like me) are not against flying. We are against flying to soon in a expansion. And funny, you say do not force walking on us. But you force flying and being ganked more easy in pvp because of that. Or loose mobs etc because that on us. So to make it clear.

Reasons:

time/money blizz:
    It would take them to much time to make content for flying and walking people. And the story they want to tell seems to take place on the ground

To fast content burn: Flying takes way less time. It will make us burn thru content way to fast. Then people will wine: there is not enough content. Also it takes away parts of the story. Because you pass a lot of good story. And i know that people want to level fast....by a freaking level boost then. And again, this will cost to much time and money on blizz ends for wasted content. Think of it like this. If you spend hours upon hours creating quests, area's etc and people just fly over it. It is wasted time they could have spent on something else. But if they do not put anything there. people will cry about lack of content.

To fast leveling: Leveling speed is just fine. Take timewarp dungeon quests...they are freaking amazing. And even faster leveling....is not needed.

To easy: Why give it so cheap/for free. Why not give us end game gear free 2? and all the rest. part of the game/a rpg ( it really is not a rpg anymore) is building up something. learning and work for it.

Ruins the game for others: Lets say you do not power level because of time/work etc. You level normal and not dinged yet. You farm something or a mob. But eachtime people dive bomb stuff because they fly. And you need to wait for a respawn/miss out of it. Or play pvp leveling and get ganked to easy like this. Making it a patch or 2 later. Gives you enough time to get to the max level.

Let me be clear:
    I do not hate flying. I think for old expansions flying should be on.

For current expansions flying should happen like it does now. A achievement or 2. That you can get on your own time table. So lets say after the first raid. Maybe the first or second content patch. Right now it is the second one. And i do not know for sure if that is the right move.

And once you do your achievement all your alts already get flying!??!?! so i do not know what this is about?
    Allowing flying isn't forcing you or anyone else to fly, it allows you to if you choose. Your reasons 1-4 make no sense at all, as you would need to have done all the content already to activate flying. As for your 5th reason... are you serious or just taking the piss? No one else should be allowed to fly because you can't be bothered or don't have the time to level as fast? Get out of here with that nonsense. To top it off, you essentially agree with me in the end, it's just the time frame we disagree on, yet you make a huge list of "reasons", none of which are valid.

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I agree with pretty much everything OP said, especially the part about flying.

I'm okay with timegating flight maybe a month or two after expansion's launch, but no longer than that.

Allowing flying isn't forcing you or anyone else to fly, it allows you to if you choose. Your reasons 1-4 make no sense at all, as you would need to have done all the content already to activate flying. As for your 5th reason... are you serious or just taking the piss? No one else should be allowed to fly because you can't be bothered or don't have the time to level as fast? Get out of here with that nonsense. To top it off, you essentially agree with me in the end, it's just the time frame we disagree on, yet you make a huge list of "reasons", none of which are valid.
    It is forcing us. Look at my reasons. If i get ganked by flying people, or lose out on stuff/farming because of it.
    But there is a difference between fast, real fast etc.

My reasons are valid, and i said from the start ( if you where bothered to read it, clearly where not). That i think flying as is , is correct. Maybe a bit tweaking in the time frame. I just disagree with your statement that flying within days of a expansion launch is silly. And posted valid reasons for it.
    Hell blizzard even said, they are not against flying. But they do not want to waste that much time on content , when people fly over it.

It is forcing us. Look at my reasons. If i get ganked by flying people, or lose out on stuff/farming because of it.
    But there is a difference between fast, real fast etc.

My reasons are valid, and i said from the start ( if you where bothered to read it, clearly where not). That i think flying as is , is correct. Maybe a bit tweaking in the time frame. I just disagree with your statement that flying within days of a expansion launch is silly. And posted valid reasons for it.
    Hell blizzard even said, they are not against flying. But they do not want to waste that much time on content , when people fly over it.
    The thing is, your "reasons" could literally apply to the whole game. What if we used your logic to gate everything else? Gold earned/ raids released/ gear levels? And whose progression do we use to set the pace for everyone else? The guy who makes it to max level in 2 days, 6 months, or spends their time at the inn in goldshire having cyber sex with other weirdos? No matter where you set your limit, it's going to put someone at a disadvantage eventually, that's called life. If you left everything as it is now, still need the rep, all zones explored on foot, and all quests done, just removed the time limit, it would still take about 2 weeks to get flying. If you can't hit level cap in 2 weeks, too bad for you.

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry