Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Come on Necromancer and/or Class re-skins!

Nice with warning signs that this years opening cermony contains content which may not be suitable for younger viewers, Diablo 4 here we come

Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post
    No, it really doesn't. As multiple who live in the US, myself included, have stated, I have never once heard "cheers" used as a greeting. It's a toast when drinking or congratulatory. I'd link multiple dictionary results but, I mean, how hard is it to Google it yourself.
    Just because it isn't in a dictionary does not mean people don't use it that way. And I have heard people in the US use it that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Cool, I live in the US too, I've lived all over the US, and I've never heard this before in my life. I guarantee you are in the far minority and more likely grew up in the northeast somewhere.
    But it is used. So, you are wrong when you say it isn't even if it is a far minority.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Just because it isn't in a dictionary does not mean people don't use it that way. And I have heard people in the US use it that way.

- - - Updated - - -

But it is used. So, you are wrong when you say it isn't even if it is a far minority.
    Sure, a couple hundred years ago. Language evolves over time and Cheers meaning anything not related to drinking probably fell out of favor as the British were pushed out of the US. There is a strange thing to be contrary over, but you do you. However, it is 100000 percent in the far minority.

Golly! Sure are aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalot of protesters out there! What fake outrage. Keyboard warriors and posers the lot. But I guess Hong Kong is pretty far away at the end of the day eh?

10+ Year Old Account
    is there a schedule for blizzcon out yet?

Quote Originally Posted by buffolone View Post
    Golly! Sure are aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalot of protesters out there! What fake outrage. Keyboard warriors and posers the lot. But I guess Hong Kong is pretty far away at the end of the day eh?
    7,258 MI (11680.62 KM) Distance from Anaheim to Hong Kong to be exact

Yes, it does. I live in the US. People use "Cheers" to say "Welcome" or "Hello" all the time. US is not England.
    I guess you have some very high class friends cause I never hear cheers as a greeting.

Come on!! Wrath of the Bolvar! I really hope a developer references that name somewhere at least as a meme.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-11-01 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by furfmonkey View Post
    is there a schedule for blizzcon out yet?
    Yes. Has been for a couple of weeks now. It's at the Blizzcon site.

Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post
    No, it really doesn't. As multiple who live in the US, myself included, have stated, I have never once heard "cheers" used as a greeting. It's a toast when drinking or congratulatory. I'd link multiple dictionary results but, I mean, how hard is it to Google it yourself.
    I use cheers as a toast (never congratulatory) but mainly to mean 'thank you'. Of course there is the literal word 'cheers', plural of 'cheer'.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Sure, a couple hundred years ago. Language evolves over time and Cheers meaning anything not related to drinking probably fell out of favor as the British were pushed out of the US. There is a strange thing to be contrary over, but you do you. However, it is 100000 percent in the far minority.
    Prove it. It is becoming laughable you are discounting everything I said jsut because you don't want to admit you are wrong. People do use it as a greeting in the US no matter how much BS you try to spin to discount it. Just admit you are wrong, Take your L and move on.

Prove it. It is becoming laughable you are discounting everything I said jsut because you don't want to admit you are wrong. People do use it as a greeting in the US no matter how much BS you try to spin to discount it. Just admit you are wrong, Take your L and move on.
    Dude.. literally no one uses "cheers" as a replacement for "hey" or "hi" or "howdy" etc.. I don't see how "cheers" would be the first word you would use when interacting with someone. The way tracer says it is more congratulatory when she arrives. "Don't worry" or "be happy".
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-11-01 at 04:53 PM.

In the US "Cheers" also means "Hello". Blizzard is American.
    It does not.

Source: the dictionary
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Dude.. literally no one uses "cheers" as a replacement for "hey" or "hi" or "howdy" etc.. I don't see how "cheers" would be the first word you would use when interacting with someone. The way tracer says it is more congratulatory when she arrives. "Don't worry" or "be happy".
    Prove it. I have heard plenty of people use it as a greeting, so you re automatically wrong and you certainly can't claim "literally nobody uses it" when you dont know every single person living in this country.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Quick question. Will the opening ceremonies be free or is the whole thing behind a pay wall this year?
    Opening ceremmony is always free. All the "Coming Soon" panels are as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    It does not.

Source: the dictionary
    The dictionary does not = proof that people don't use it as a greeting. I can assure you people do use it as a greeting regardless of the dictionary.

Prove it. I have heard plenty of people use it as a greeting, so you re automatically wrong and you certainly can't claim "literally nobody uses it" when you dont know every single person living in this country.

- - - Updated - - -

Opening ceremmony is always free. All the "Coming Soon" panels are as well.
    Well no one on the west side of the US uses it. Maybe it's an east coast thing. "Cheers" just sounds way too posh.

Everyone agreeing with me and nobody agreeing with you is enough proof. What a clown you are.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    It's bullshit in my opinion. Don't advertise the digital deluxe a YEAR before coming up with the Collector's Edition, that's just spitting in the face of your fans. There's no way I'm buying the game AGAIN just to get the statue, but I would have bought it had it been available at the same time.
    I'm just gonna wait...? I don't feel spat upon at all, there's always a period of wait between the digital versions going up for sale and the CE being announced and made available for pre-order.

Like, there's nothing in the digital version that you won't get if you wait.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I'm just gonna wait...? I don't feel spat upon at all, there's always a period of wait between the digital versions going up for sale and the CE being announced and made available for pre-order.

Like, there's nothing in the digital version that you won't get if you wait.
    Yes, but KNOWING there's going to be a physical CE is what makes the difference. How were we to know they'd do that? Honestly, there was no indication whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Yes, but KNOWING there's going to be a physical CE is what makes the difference. How were we to know they'd do that? Honestly, there was no indication whatsoever.
    I brainfarted.

I thought I was in a thread discussing Shadowlands when I saw your reply, thanks mobile surfing. -_-
    So can only say I agree with you, this really did come out of their ass. Would've been nice with a "Heads up, we're also releasing a CE for Warcraft 3 Reforged with X goodies down the line!".

Sure they might "give" you back the cost of the digital version in the form of Battle.net balance upon registering the physical CE, but that would ALSO need clear clarification from the get go.