Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Minus DKP on your MAIN for not leveling an alt

Is this normal? What my guild is starting to say is that if you level an alt to level 60 you will get bonus DKP on your MAIN! Apparently what they want to do is start running raids with half alts and half mains and funnel the loot to the mains so that we gear up faster.

To me this is BS and is effectively saying that anyone who doesn't level an alt will be punished with minus dkp on their main, it amounts to the same thing. Sure, give dkp to alts but giving dkp to the main is ludicrous.

I actually hate levelling, I already went through that process and don't particularly want to do it again and now my guild wants to turn the game into a job that isn't fun. I am OK with people levelling alts as an option but rewarding the main through an alt is complete BS.

Oh god. Your guild wants you to do split raiding in Classic???? LOOOOOL please no. This is not needed. You should probably find a new guild.

And giving DKP to the alt wouldn't make any sense. The point is to give all the gear to the mains. The DKP on the alt would amount to nothing. They will never get gear. They would just give DKP to the mains based on what they would have earned on the alts.
    Last edited by Hctaz; 2019-11-01 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Is this normal? What my guild is starting to say is that if you level an alt to level 60 you will get bonus DKP on your MAIN! Apparently what they want to do is start running raids with half alts and half mains and funnel the loot to the mains so that we gear up faster.

To me this is BS and is effectively saying that anyone who doesn't level an alt will be punished with minus dkp on their main, it amounts to the same thing. Sure, give dkp to alts but giving dkp to the main is ludicrous.

I actually hate levelling, I already went through that process and don't particularly want to do it again and now my guild wants to turn the game into a job that isn't fun. I am OK with people levelling alts as an option but rewarding the main through an alt is complete BS.
    Sounds like they want different things out of the game than you do, all you can really do is find a new guild or forsake the bonus.

Leave the guild...

That guild is retarded you should leave they are trying to replicate high-end guilds

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I'd probably be looking for a new guild if I were in your spot.

I have to agree with the lads here, find a new home my friend.
    Edit Signature.

DKP is horrible over all. I prefer just /roll.

Tho my Guild has a system, Where you can only win 1 thing per raid day to avoid all loot going to the same person.

If you are an extreme tryhard that thinks doing something like this matters for content that is 15 years old, then by all means do it.

If you are a regular person that just wants to clear the content once weekly and get some gear now and then, just leave and find a sane guild and let them find other tryhards.

Either way no one will care.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

imagine doing dkp in 2019. i cant believe there is a guild stupid enough to run dkp and also be tryhard enough to want split raids, that just does not add up

10+ Year Old Account
    ABANDON SHIP! ALL HANDS ABANDON SHIP!

seriously. if they want you to play this hardcore but you don't want to, find a new home
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

A guild is a consensual organization. Either you agree to the rules they want followed or you don't, control is in your hands.

Way back in real vanilla with world-first races that kind of thing wasn't all that uncommon, but for today, Classic, in 2019? Run far and fast. Unless for some reason you want that kind of group.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

Well if people with alts are helping the guild more than people without, then it is not BS.

If you don't like those rules you can always find a less ambitious guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Oh god. Your guild wants you to do split raiding in Classic????
    Twas only a matter of time.

Looking forward to people managing 4 20man Naxx splitraids for maximum Atieshs at the end of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by TommiTMX View Post
    Sounds like they want different things out of the game than you do, all you can really do is find a new guild or forsake the bonus.
    Exactly this.

If it's too hardcore for you, then the guild is not a good fit for you and you should join a different one. If you want to be hardcore, then level an alt, or suffer the lack of dkp.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Oh god. Your guild wants you to do split raiding in Classic???? LOOOOOL please no. This is not needed. You should probably find a new guild
    Splits raids in Classic are very common since the raids are so easy and gear is so scarce.

No its not normal,specially since MC loot isnt that great,dungeon loot beats many of raid loot.It's just waste of time to level alt and do what guild is asking you to do.I would say leave and find guild that suits you.We as a guild did 5 raids so far and we started to give loot for off spec and disenchant gear ,since no one wants it.

It’s not minus dkp, its bonus dkp. If you don’t get the bonus that just means you don’t get the bonus. They aren’t taking any away from you, if so then that’s dkp minus.

Also split raiding in classic is really not needed. At least in its current state. Maybe for aq and nax but definitely not mc/ony.

My guild sometimes does 20 man ony x2 raids. We are also lootcouncil.

you joined hardcore guild - hardcore approach you get.

what were you expecting ? that this nonsense from forums about guilds accepting anyone and gearing up anyone was true ?

thats what retail and personal loot is for.