Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Diablo 3 has sold way more copies than D2 ever has by 2-3 times more, you cant say diablo 3 only made it because of Diablo 2 when D3 has 2-3 times more playerbase, diablo 3 is just a better game than D2 and thats a fact.

No matter what game you play eventually you get bored of it, diablo 3 is far from dead there is no problems at all with finding people for groups.
    My wife, someone who love to dive into systems, skill trees, synergies and all the tiny minutiae in games like D2, completely loathes D2 compared to D3 due to the overly boring game play compared to all the other stuff involved.. She actually prefers D1 over D2 of the old ones. She hopped on the D3 train with the annual pass, and fell in love with the genre, but thinks D2 is a worse game overall. And yes she has play all three to completion on the hardest difficulties with all the classes and multiple specs. So she knows here shit about the games. This is not someone who had 12+ years of D2 history and while D3 was her first, she has lobbed plenty of criticism towards D2 early on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    idk, I have played D1 for hundreds of hours and D2 and D3 for thousands of hours and I prefer D3 to D2. Maybe my tastes in games have changes as I was 29 when D3 came out but still, to me D3 is the superior game. But it's cool to me if people prefer 2, doesnt take my enjoyment away from either game.
    To each their own, to me it’s just a poor man’s WoW.

i played it back in its prime and now i couldnt even play it for 5 mins, it was only good back in its prime now its barely even an average game.
    D3 was trash compared to 2, its a boring game with no activities, bad class design and just a cheap copy paste of WoW in a ARPG.
    D2 had a lot more to offer for this time, including specific runs, the item system was way better designed the classes had unique gameplay.

And Necromancer in D3 was the best joke, it wasn't a necromancer it was just a trashy class without class fantasy and long cooldowns in specific builds.

Its a fact that D3 was bad in everything, even PoE was better in any case with boss mechanics, phases etc. while D3 was just dumb key spamming for braindead people

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Fallout 76 would like a word with you.

The funny thing about D3, despite all the complaining about it, is that it has withstood the test of time. All these years later people still login at the start of each season no matter how lackluster that season is and the game is still alive for the first half of the season. Just like PoE, it's active at the start of every season and then the activity fades fast going into the later half of the season. Even if you absolutely hated D3 because it was too different from D2, you can't say it hasn't been a success for Blizzard. It sold well, and people continue to play it despite the bare minimum effort from Blizzard.
    more like first 3 days of the season .. after that 80% jump of because then primal ancient hunting starts which is just ....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    This is just nonsense. Fair enough you might like D2 a lot but it wasn't objectively better than D3 in any way at all.

You are probably one of these sheep who have played D3 for over 3000 hours but still say it is absolutely terrible. There is zero logic in that assessment.
    you are probably one of those sheeps who just expect nothing anymore from blizz thats why u are fine with an inferior game than D2 was

Quote Originally Posted by mostvp71 View Post
    Yeah so you didn’t even scratch the surface, 5 minutes lol gtfo dude. As I said I played all 3 and trust me D3 couldn’t even hold a candle to the other 2.

I played D2 about a year ago and it is still very much a good game. D3 is swallow and a poor man’s WoW.
    what are you talking about, i done everything you can do back when it was in its prime, now its not even worth 5 mins of my time, diablo 3 is just far superior to it and that a fact, althought PoE is the best one out there.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3 TIME PLAYED = 2000 HOURS
    Diablo 3 sucks
    logic = 0 /10char

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    My wife, someone who love to dive into systems, skill trees, synergies and all the tiny minutiae in games like D2, completely loathes D2 compared to D3 due to the overly boring game play compared to all the other stuff involved.. She actually prefers D1 over D2 of the old ones. She hopped on the D3 train with the annual pass, and fell in love with the genre, but thinks D2 is a worse game overall. And yes she has play all three to completion on the hardest difficulties with all the classes and multiple specs. So she knows here shit about the games. This is not someone who had 12+ years of D2 history and while D3 was her first, she has lobbed plenty of criticism towards D2 early on.
    d2 was great in its day but the game is dated and is a little too basic, d3 is getting a little dated now but still enjoyable to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu4k View Post
    D3 was trash compared to 2, its a boring game with no activities, bad class design and just a cheap copy paste of WoW in a ARPG.
    D2 had a lot more to offer for this time, including specific runs, the item system was way better designed the classes had unique gameplay.

And Necromancer in D3 was the best joke, it wasn't a necromancer it was just a trashy class without class fantasy and long cooldowns in specific builds.

Its a fact that D3 was bad in everything, even PoE was better in any case with boss mechanics, phases etc. while D3 was just dumb key spamming for braindead people

it doesnt offer anything more, your going to be spamming the same content over and over, baal runs and such hoping for that item you want, diablo 3 has much more class diversity than d2 even did, D2 didnt have complex combat or boss mechanics just like d3, both games endgame content was spamming the same thing over and over.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2019-11-01 at 04:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post

you are probably one of those sheeps who just expect nothing anymore from blizz thats why u are fine with an inferior game than D2 was
    I can't understand this broken English sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by mostvp71 View Post
    Yeah so you didn’t even scratch the surface, 5 minutes lol gtfo dude. As I said I played all 3 and trust me D3 couldn’t even hold a candle to the other 2.

I played D2 about a year ago and it is still very much a good game. D3 is swallow and a poor man’s WoW.
    Before WoW, OW, HotS, HS, Borderland games, and D3, D2 was by far my most played game almost 400 hours. It was not the most exciting or fun game during it's time. It hade tons of hindrances, like the lack of respeccing, forcing you to reroll if you messed up or wanted to try something different and the stamina bar. Clunky movement and game play, shit resolutions of 640x480 and 800x600 when 1024x768 was the most common at the time. Not to mention it was pretty ugly IMO and yes I thought that about both D1 & D2. Not to mention 1 ability spamming rotations. Bot 1 & 2 have the potion spamming cheese, so skill was never needed. Just have enough gold to purchase potions and enough town portals to run back and refill.

D3s graphics are a tremendous leap, as well it should fro 12 years, the style can be debated, but it looks a metric shit ton better. It plays so much smoother. easy to use multiple skills. The ability to change skills and try new things alone makes it the superior game IMO. Specs mainly being tied to armor sets was a downgrade to be sure as well as the horrible itemization of gear early on. D3 has been one of the most fun games I have played ever, and easily the best ARPG I have ever played and I've tried them all. Of course this is just my opinion, like your statement was, but you assume it is fact.

- - - Updated - - -

d2 was great in its day but the game is dated and is a little too basic, d3 is getting a little dated now but still enjoyable to play.
    I enjoyed the shit out of it back then, but it still had flaws. My statements by no means is saying D2 is hot garbage, nor my wife's. He perspective is from someone who had no history playing today. Mine is someone who has played all three games when the came out. All are good, all are fun, all have flaws. D3 is just better overall and it's not really close IMO.

it doesnt offer anything more, your going to be spamming the same content over and over, baal runs and such hoping for that item you want, diablo 3 has much more class diversity than d2 even did, D2 didnt have complex combat or boss mechanics just like d3, both games endgame content was spamming the same thing over and over.
    Complex combat and boss mechanics in D3? I must laugh so hard, it has 0 boss mechanics and 0 class fantasy. Play PoE if you want to see boss mechanics, even LAO has better boss mechanics.

Sorry but D3 is bad, that's a fact. Stop being a blind fanboy of the new gen blizz/activision stuff.

Ahh yes endless Baal(boss) runs. So much better than GRs. Yes they came later, and you could do specific runs, you could kill key wardens for keys to dual boss portals for specific items to make hellfire amulets and rings. They were pretty much the same game early on. not much to do. D3 added more things to do while D2 just gave you more bosses to spam.

I can't wait for a new Nintendo Switch game!
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

What if they announce D4 and it's also a mobile only game?
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Complex combat and boss mechanics in D3? I must laugh so hard, it has 0 boss mechanics and 0 class fantasy. Play PoE if you want to see boss mechanics, even LAO has better boss mechanics.

Sorry but D3 is bad, that's a fact. Stop being a blind fanboy of the new gen blizz/activision stuff.
    remind me of all the intriguing boss mechanics in D2. Oh wait we were all to busy popping a portal to go heal up and get more potions to spam through shit.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Ahh yes endless Baal(boss) runs. So much better than GRs. Yes they came later, and you could do specific runs, you could kill key wardens for keys to dual boss portals for specific items to make hellfire amulets and rings. They were pretty much the same game early on. not much to do. D3 added more things to do while D2 just gave you more bosses to spam.
    Well you had some specific runs to improve gear, farm runes etc.
    The key warden runs were good first but they made this build completely useless at some point.
    You had 1 fix meta build for groups or solo and that's all which is fail afterall. Base a class on 1 set without anything else is bad, also the paragon system was terrible designed.

Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    What if they announce D4 and it's also a mobile only game?
    Considering the character select screen was leaked and shown on PCs at Blizzcon, that seems doubtful.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

i didnt say it had complex boss mechanics, i said d2 didnt and neither did d3, d3 is just an extension of d2 so saying d3 is bad means d2 is even worse, numbers dont lie d3 is 100% fact better than d2, more players playing d3 than d2 ever had even in its prime.

i didnt say it had complex boss mechanics, i said d2 didnt and neither did d3, d3 is just an extension of d2 so saying d3 is bad means d2 is even worse, numbers dont lie d3 is 100% fact better than d2, more players playing d3 than d2 ever had even in its prime.
    Oh my bad then sorry, I got it wrong in that case but yeah Diablo had never that many boss mechanics in general, I don't even know why they don't go for it. It makes it way more exciting

(Just in case sale numbers doesn't mean the game is better, D2 was niche and Blizz was kinda unknown in asia and europe. D3 just received attention because of the new existing fans of the WoW franchise and some other stuff)

Overall of the APRG's D3 was one of the worst, the best actually is PoE in any case followed by a few others)
    Last edited by Yagyu4k; 2019-11-01 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    Considering the character select screen was leaked and shown on PCs at Blizzcon, that seems doubtful.
    Hahahahaha. IMAGINE. Imagine if it was a mobile game. Anaheim Convention will be set on fire, guaranteed. 'Diablo' will come to Blizzcon itself.

Oh my bad then sorry, I got it wrong in that case but yeah Diablo had never that many boss mechanics in general, I don't even know why they don't go for it. It makes it way more exciting

(Just in case sale numbers doesn't mean the game is better, D2 was niche and Blizz was kinda unknown in asia and europe. D3 just received attention because of the new existing fans of the WoW franchise and some other stuff)

Overall of the APRG's D3 was one of the worst, the best actually is PoE in any case followed by a few others)
    not really even in PoE you can make a build that can face tank the most powerful boss mechanics, so you could just do the same in diablo and some classes can leap around constantly so its easy to avoid most mechanics anyway.

Maybe baldurs gate will be a slowed down ARPG, but PoE and diablo are fast paced so mechanics are mostly of little importance.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2019-11-01 at 05:01 PM.