Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Whats with people wanting Classic+ being announced while Classic is not even in phase 2?

Also is adding new content really still Classic. People talk about adding zones and Raids but keeping the same Class design. So you wanna play the same rotation for years is that it? I think Classic+ is a really dumb idea because you can never balance it right for the people that want just Classic and the people that want more without making it a separate game. Also im not sure the Classic team is even big enough to make new content.

Someone told me yesterday that OSRS did it aswell and its working well for them. RS players didn't get fed up with bad system's and content. They got angry because Jagex changed the whole Combat making RS more like WoW and filled the game with MTX. The content RS got pre and even post the Evolution of Combat update was great. OSRS also has an everchanging meta and BIS items changing yoy but people here talk about keeping the same balance and abilities for years.
    Last edited by Firefox72; 2019-11-01 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    So, most of the players you ask who are logged into Classic love the idea of Classic+ as opposed to TBC.
    Very confident that blizzard will be entertaining the community.
    Unfortunately you suffer from Confirmation Bias, as any human does who is himself involved in the topic he is asking about. You'll naturally gravitate to people that think like you, and you'll interpret vague answers to be positive for you. So excuse me for not taking your word for it.

Also, TBC is actually Classic+

The biggest problem with an idea of Classic+ is that its not clear defined what that means, and everyone has their own opinion what should be included and what absolutely should not. Once you start defining it, you'll get a hundred different things that a hundred different people support and oppose.

The biggest advantage in a pure Classic was that they could just tell you "this is how 1.12 worked", once they start changing it, there will be so much drama.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2019-11-01 at 08:47 AM.

I hope we hear classic+ and TBC announcement.
    I think we will have optional C+ and TBC servers soon. People could choose between classic, classic+ or TBC servers.

too early for classic+/TBC/etc. games barely a few months old. w/e they say will be some vague " were thinking about it" stuff.
    +it makes more sense to leave that as the big wow announcement for next year, if classic stays popular they can basically alternate retail and classic as the wow focus of blizcon going foward.

but i am quite hopeful they will share some cool facts about classic too demonstrate it's popularity. maybe some hogger has killed x people, y devilsaur leather collected, z boss in MC is the most dangerous.

also cant wait for "you think you do but you don't" guy to make a forced and cringy " you think you did, and you did" joke.
    Last edited by horbindr; 2019-11-01 at 11:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I care a lot about graphics, but they don't give anyone some kind of unfair advantage like you assume they do
    They objectively do. Smear a vat of Vaseline on your screen and then go try to PvP. The graphical fidelity, after all, should have no impact.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    It just shows they were upset with the lazy storytelling and lies...and it isn't as HUGE as you like to lie about and numbers have dwindled quite a bit.

You wanted classic and you got classic, but in reality you lied once again because you didn't want classic...you and all the classic + just want your version of what you think retail should be, nothing more. You want classic to change because you know it was a shitty system but you could never admit that out loud.
    What we want is the World of Azeroth to continue after Naxx.
    Progressing into TBC is not Classic wow. Classic is the vast world.

10+ Year Old Account
    With new raids comes new items, which then has new balances. So changes.
    When does it end? What about in 2 years from now when someone wants to replay Vanilla 1.12, given it won't exist anymore in its current form? What if someone likes 1.14, but not 1.15? Do we open seperate servers for each patch? (Obviously stupid idea). Sorry but TBC is the safest bet, and Classic+ would be too much of a resource hog given you would need to hire entirely new teams.

They will likely talk about the success of Classic numbers at launch, and maybe layout the timeline for Classic phases. Beyond that - probably not. It's still too early to announce BC or anything of a Classic+. We still have four phases to go through. It'll likely be next year, but hey maybe they get ambitious.

Of the two I find TBC more likely - Classic flared its bright moment in the sun but the end game is lacking and most players are seeing that now. Blizzard will begin to roll out phases relatively quickly to keep players interested, but my expectation is BC in the first half of 2021. If the game keeps as Classic without some significant changes - the population base will dwindle quickly until only hardcore fans remain.

I feel like classic + will not happen and they'll just do TBC and Wrath servers eventually.

I'd like classic + solely because it would be something new, rather than things we already know will come.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    What the heck is classic+?
    I don't really know what people would be expecting to hear, its like if we decided to recreate world war 2 and then ask who iss going to win. We already know, we've walked that path before...
    Classic+ is s pipedream for people thinking Blizzard won't just take the easy route go with TBC. Basically new content in the spirit of vanilla.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla ended at Naxx, Classic is the recreation of Vanilla.

You got what you wanted, but that isn't what you wanted is it?

Probably not much. I mean we know whats coming for the game for probably a year-ish anyway. Maybe a few bullet points on release schedule on near by phases. Maybe some questions at the Q&A is my guess. That is about it.

Vanilla ended at Naxx, Classic is the recreation of Vanilla.

You got what you wanted, but that isn't what you wanted is it?
    There's always someone hating...
    You can't have classic forever. People either want Classic+ after naxx, or TBC. And you can bet your ass that Blizzard is going to expand on classic, since it's so popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirain1 View Post
    You can't have classic forever.
    But you're wrong. How about

FRESH
    Servers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirain1 View Post
    There's always someone hating...
    You can't have classic forever. People either want Classic+ after naxx, or TBC. And you can bet your ass that Blizzard is going to expand on classic, since it's so popular.
    Then you didn't want classic in the first place...so can you finally admit the truth?

It's too earlier to tell if it's popular enough to even be worth it...it's too early to tell if it's a fad or not.

Then you didn't want classic in the first place...so can you finally admit the truth?

It's too earlier to tell if it's popular enough to even be worth it...it's too early to tell if it's a fad or not.
    You were right all along.

There, feel better?

I mean, that's why you post in this subforum, afterall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    You were right all along.

There, feel better?

I mean, that's why you post in this subforum, afterall.
    Actually Sorotia was wrong.
    Classic has confirmed MILLIONS of subs. 3-5m to ballpark it.

Unfortunately this Mod will continue to troll anything classic.

Actually Sorotia was wrong.
    Classic has confirmed MILLIONS of subs. 3-5m to ballpark it.

Unfortunately this Mod will continue to troll anything classic.
    Oh really :O That must mean my earlier comment was steeped in sarcasm :S
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Any speculations on what we'll hear regarding Classic wow at BlizzCon?

I'm thinking there will be confirmation that the Blizzard team is looking into:
    - Classic+
    - TBC
    - WoTLK

We'll hear details on the success of classic along with an announcement for phase 2 and possibly a timeline for future phases.
    nope. nada. next year will be a classic announcement year, because they will have nothing else to talk about

Classic+ is in the same drawer as the Tinker class, and player housing.