Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Man, we've already played the Devils once this year, and didn't even notice Jack Hughes on the ice. I had to look back to see if he actually had any TOI.
    The Devil's are a shit show right now. Lots of talent and they haven't put it together, just like Buffalo

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The Devil's are a shit show right now. Lots of talent and they haven't put it together, just like Buffalo
    You mean Buffalo sitting at 15 out of 18 points, tied for first in the NHL and leading the Eastern Conference?

(I know, I know, we'll inevitably collapse.)

You mean Buffalo sitting at 15 out of 18 points, tied for first in the NHL and leading the Eastern Conference?

(I know, I know, we'll inevitably collapse.)
    Buffalo...the team that bottomed out the season last year (on fire start) and imo hasn't been good since miller, vanek, ennis, povemville, stafford back 8-9 years ago. That was your window...anyway only 8 games in just replying back to Finland and their boy whose supposed to be that much better.

Plenty of games to go people...god I love hockey...

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hate the NHL so much. Who the fuck thought double back to backs in 6 days was a good idea? Also, the refs are shit and blind as fuck.

I hate the NHL so much. Who the fuck thought double back to backs in 6 days was a good idea? Also, the refs are shit and blind as fuck.
    Are the Leafs going to Sweden for those games? I know the Sabres have some situations like that where the schedule is compressed because they have to do the Sweden trip.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are the Leafs going to Sweden for those games? I know the Sabres have some situations like that where the schedule is compressed because they have to do the Sweden trip.
    Nah, it was this past week. Monday-Tuesday and Friday-Saturday. Technically we had 5 games in 7 days if you counted the previous Saturday as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    Buffalo...the team that bottomed out the season last year (on fire start) and imo hasn't been good since miller, vanek, ennis, povemville, stafford back 8-9 years ago. That was your window...anyway only 8 games in just replying back to Finland and their boy whose supposed to be that much better.

Plenty of games to go people...god I love hockey...
    I think I'm pretty unbiased here but I would have taken kappo first in the draft and still would in retrospect. Felt like nj made a mistake from the get go, but with Taylor Hall's super power they could very well get the next generational level talent so may work out for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, it was this past week. Monday-Tuesday and Friday-Saturday. Technically we had 5 games in 7 days if you counted the previous Saturday as well.
    God, I hate these back to backs. No idea what habs loving prick agreed to our schedule but no idea how every time we play Montreal this year they're rested and we play a game the night before.

I would have taken Jack first, but it's because we already have a Jack, and I wanted to make Jack Squared memes. And we need a 2C at some point, though Johanssen has worked out way better than expected so far.

Barring that, I would have taken Kappo.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    I think I'm pretty unbiased here but I would have taken kappo first in the draft and still would in retrospect. Felt like nj made a mistake from the get go, but with Taylor Hall's super power they could very well get the next generational level talent so may work out for them.
    Both are good, buy I'd stick with Jack over Kappo. As for Taylor Hall, he needs to be a little more forward with his game and take control. Last game was a good effort from the team, hope some more in the near future.

Don Cherry has been fired from Sportsnet and Hockey Night in Canada, apparently for saying something about immigrants?

Weird how a story like this can totally pass us Americans by. I stopped listening to Don Cherry years ago because he's a fool and blustery know-nothing, and his colorful ties aren't enough to grab the attention of anyone with an attention span longer than a gnat's.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don Cherry has been fired from Sportsnet and Hockey Night in Canada, apparently for saying something about immigrants?

Weird how a story like this can totally pass us Americans by. I stopped listening to Don Cherry years ago because he's a fool and blustery know-nothing, and his colorful ties aren't enough to grab the attention of anyone with an attention span longer than a gnat's.
    Cherry has been a senile idiot longer than I've been an adult - always wondered why Canadians kept that joker around for that long.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Cherry has been a senile idiot longer than I've been an adult - always wondered why Canadians kept that joker around for that long.
    We do that in all aspects of life. Keep people around longer than we should.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, there's been a big push back in the last few years by millennial hockey fans to have him canned. This isn't the first time he's ever said something bigoted on national TV before, so the precedent was there. People figured when the season was coming up back in September, his contract had not been renewed (along with Kypreos and McLean were both let go as part of Rogers restructuring), that he wasn't coming back. This whole thing could have been avoided had they just not renewed Cherry's contract in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, most of us stopped listening to him a long time ago too. It's the boomer's who still hang onto him and his old school mentality.

Well yeah, Don Cherry would prefer a bench clearing brawl and 1-0 games where the winning goal is shot from the point and a 4 person brawl in front of the net whacks it in after 4 or 5 hacks at it.

Gimme the hockey we have now, which is much more "beautiful" like soccer, with skill and speed, and precision.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bye bye Babcock, you idiot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bye bye Babcock, you idiot.
    What kind of golden handshakes do the coaches have?

Babcock had many years left on his contract so I'm wondering how much Toronto still has to pay him.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    What kind of golden handshakes do the coaches have?

Babcock had many years left on his contract so I'm wondering how much Toronto still has to pay him.
    The Leafs are a billion+ dollar organization, they can afford to pay him. Also, if he gets a contract elsewhere, they have to pay a portion of it. Look at it this way, their revenue from making it past the first round will more than cover his salary for the year.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Leafs are a billion+ dollar organization, they can afford to pay him. Also, if he gets a contract elsewhere, they have to pay a portion of it. Look at it this way, their revenue from making it past the first round will more than cover his salary for the year.
    My point wasn't whether Toronto can afford it or not, but will that sleazebag get millions for nothing for years?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    My point wasn't whether Toronto can afford it or not, but will that sleazebag get millions for nothing for years?
    Yup, he will. Coaching contracts are pretty much guaranteed contracts. He gets every loony of that 58 million.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, Mike Commodore really went off on him. Of which a lot of players who have played for Babcock are supporting him. Which begs the question, why is a Coach so toxic to his players still in the game?