Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok say I'm just going to go ahead and say you wouldn't have been happy unless they turned WoW into FFXIV and that you think profession updates would be in a short features trailer is just wild. You think they're doing a level squish to 50 and a new expansion and NOT going to update professions? Really? You think that?

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Level boost to 120 to de-level to level 50?
    No you stay at 120 can then dunk scrubs half your level
    Insert cringe politically charged signature here

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    So - something that can improve the game is dumb ass, just because a single number is half the size ?
    something in your opinion that can improve the game is dumb ass... (fixed that for you)

The scaling is shit and so was the Item level squish.

Imagine getting your knickers in a twist over a number.

A number.
    RETH

I'm done with WoW after 15 years. I'm so mad and upset. If they need to squish the levels they should have made WoW 2. Blizzard has officially ruined the game.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    From what I understood ilvl squish will only matter in New areas that will come with expansion.
    You are definitely wrong to "understand" that.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Oh for sure. Classic is just a much more rewarding game in general.
    Not a change - Classic is a frustrating old fashioned and time wasting game, it had ONE thing going for it and that was levels meant something.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

From what I understood ilvl squish will only matter in New areas that will come with expansion. That's why you get free 120 boost... I guess it will work in a way that when you enter Shadowlands you are lvl 50 and lvl to 60 and when you exit you are 120
    I never thought about it like that, but for some reason I'm thinking the new cap of is 60 across the board. Just because it says " Shadowlands will introduce a new leveling system". It's a completely new leveling system for World of Warcraft. The reason the boost is 120 right now is because people are level 120 right now. As the days go on and Shadowlands draw closer, it'll most likely change to 50.

This could also be damage control as well. Seeing how people respond to a "level squish" before it actually happens. That way they can go in and change it back to 125 or 130 etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post

A number.
    Imagine thinking people after 15 years of playing WoW, leveling with each new expansion to reach level cap being mad about a level squish is just about a number.

Not a change - Classic is a frustrating old fashioned and time wasting game, it had ONE thing going for it and that was levels meant something.
    Oh okay, well we're going to have to agree to disagree on that. I feel like BfA is the time wasting game, what with shareholders and MAUs and all. But that's why opinions are great, everyone can have one ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post

A number.
    If this forum had upvotes and reddit gold and shit, you'd be receiving that from me.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    Yeah, that doesn't sound logical.
    The boost will take you to 120, which will still be level cap up until they roll out the expansion system changes. And then, that level 120 character will be level '50' ready for new expansion stuff. They're selling preorders now but it'll be several months until the systems prepatch, so this does make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    <meaningless content removed>
    Wasn't stating an opinion dude ... and if you are so worried about a single number being half as big, just write an add on that doubles it for you.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    People:
    "The level cap is too high, too many levels doesn't matter blabla, it takes ages to level!"

Also people:
    "Level squish!? HERESY! MAH LEVELS!"
    You realize there's more than one person on the internet right? It's not just one guy changing his mind over and over.

Wasn't stating an opinion dude ... and if you are so worried about a single number being half as big, just write an add on that doubles it for you.

Nah. I'll just play a different game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    Bunch of bullshit. This is a fucking RPG. You’re saying the 120 levels and power I earned after 10 years are pointless? Fuck you blizzard. You had the ability to rehaul leveling without taking away pretty much the ONLY remnant of an RPG feeling left in the game, but nope, you decided to appeal to the retarded masses who think a big number is too scary.

Bullshit.
    I think it’s stupid too but you seem to have the opposite problem. You want to see a bigger and bigger number even though it’s literally just a number. You’re just as powerful, 120=50 now. That’s it. I don’t see how anyone cares one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Oh okay, well we're going to have to agree to disagree on that.
    It wasn't an opinion. Spending 2 hours killing 100 boars until you find 3 of them with hearts ... that's objectively a waste of time.

From what I understood ilvl squish will only matter in New areas that will come with expansion. That's why you get free 120 boost... I guess it will work in a way that when you enter Shadowlands you are lvl 50 and lvl to 60 and when you exit you are 120
    Will make going back to farm BFA dungeons and such worthless

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    You are definitely wrong to "understand" that.
    It's says you will enter Shadowlands at lvl 50, not you can enter Shadowlands at lvl50. Big difference.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    You realize there's more than one person on the internet right? It's not just one guy changing his mind over and over.
    ... Well yes, since "people" is plural...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I'm 100% in favor of the level squish but not if it works like that.

Would be absolutely idiotic to level 1-120 and then randomly drop to 50 in certain areas.

There's no reason they can't easily squish everything down and make things actually matter again. I think this is a huge step in the right direction, but I also think I wouldn't play if it only mattered in the new zones.